Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Gold NFL Picks

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts

Peyton Manning is one of the best QB of the league e since he has recovered well from his injury, Manning has carried his team to many victories, being very sure on his passing game and very effective.

These Colts are by far the best of the both teams in my oppinion and they have the home advantage for this game. They are quite strong in the passing game thanks to their franchise QB and they also have a good team regarding its rushing game. You might not noticed it in their offense stats, since they play mostly by the air, where they can be the most dangerous, specially thanks to the Manning / Wayne double.

Another factor to have in mind is that the Jaguars will play this game with 3 rookies, which I think is not a good idea and their inexperience will cause the their team a lot of troubles during the game.

In my oppinion, the Colts will win this game at home by more than 1 Touchdown.

Pick: Indianapolis Colts -6,5 -110 Bookmaker

Minnesota Vikings @ Cleveland Browns

Minnesota had a great problem in their air game, but with QB Favre we will not see that much trouble, in fact, this team besides being an excelent team on the rushing game, they became much more dangerous in the passing game for the obvious reasons. On the rushing game, the Vikings have the best rusher on NFL. Adrian Peterson is very fast, quick and strong, gaining a lot of yardage for his team and too hard to stop thanks to his bulky frame.

What I really like on this team is their defense, very strong stopping both rushing game and passing game, since they are very agressive and Browns' QB Quinn will suffer a lot on this game and will give away some nice interceptions. This pointspread os too low in my oppinion, since I believe that the Vikings are quite superior to these Browns and we will see Minnesota scoring a lot more points than their opponents.

Pick: Minnesota Vikings -3,5 -110 Bookmaker

Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints

As we all know, Stafford will be a starter in this game and I think that is an awful decision, because he will face a pretty good team, in a very difficult field and for a rookie, that can end very bad. Of course these Lions will not repeat again their 0-16 record, but they will not do much better this season. The biggest issue of Detroit is their inability to stop the opponent's offense, both rushing game and passing game, and because of that, they suffer a lot of touchdowns per game and the Saints are all about scoring TDs with ease.

The Saints were a bog dissapointment last season, but they improved their weak spot, their defense, which is better now and with the excellent offense this team has, they have good chances to reach the Playoffs. QB Brees shows great skill in throwing the ball very deep in the field and the Lions defense is not suited to counter it properly. With their home field advantage, I believe this will be a Blowout game for the Saints.

Pick: New Orleans Saints -13,5 -110 Bookmaker

Washington Redskins @ New York Giants

QB Ely Manning is a franchise quarterback and the Giants are very fortunate to have him on their team, but their greatest absence is Plaxico Burress, which was the number one receiver of Manning's passes. Since Burress got in trouble with the Law, Manning has suffered a lot and the new receivers signed by the Giants, are very inexperienced despite I see that they show some quality, but overall the Giants offense is going to have a lot of problems, specially that the Redskins have a nice defense.

Redskins offense will be focused in rushing the ball, since their passing game sucks. However, the Giants are very effective at stopping that kind of offensive game, because they have excelent players for that job. Factoring all these elements, we have everything to see a Low Point Game and I believe that we will not have very much points scored in this game.

Pick: Under 37 -110 Bookmaker

Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers

Defensively speaking, the Packers are quite good and that is a major complication to the Bears offense, because their rushing game will not have a great success against Green Bay defense, so they will have to resort to the passing game and there is where the problems will really start.

Bears' defense doesn't scare their opponents like they did in the past and they will face a Packers offense with an excelent QB Rodgers in great shape and I rate him as the best quarterback in the NFC North. Green Bay is very strong on the passing game thanks to their QB Rodgers and that will be the major factor for a win by 1 Touchdown or more for the Packers, with the added advantage of having the home field with a great crowd supporting them.

Pick: Green Bay Packers -3,5 -111 Unibet
Working...
X