Strong Plays (1-1)(-0.20 units)
    Regular Plays (1-1)(-0.10 units)

Overall (2-4)(-6.90 units)

SEASON OVERALL

Best Bets (2-5)(-10.50 units)
    Strong Plays (6-1)(+9.80 units)
    Regular Plays (4-6)(-2.60 units)

Overall (12-12)(-3.30 units)

For Once in my life I would like to win on both Saturday and Sunday. It feels like when I win on Saturday I give much back on Sunday and when I lose on Saturday I will win some of it back on Sunday. Had a great Saturday and a pretty bad Sunday. Here are some winners for Week Four in the NFL.

New England -2 vs Baltimore (best bet)……………During the preseason everybody thought the Pats were back and the team to beat and then all of a sudden in the first three weeks of the season everybody wondered if they were really as good as they thought. I say they are. I know Baltimore finally has an offense to go with their defense, but for this game being played in New England, this line is a joke laying less than a field goal. The Pats took care of upstart Atlanta last week and they will do the same again this week. It might not be as easy, but it does not have to be only laying 2 points. I really love this one.

New Orleans -7 vs Jets (best bet)……………You have to be crazy to go against the Jets right now let alone give them seven points. That is why I am doing it. I will admit this one scares me to death, but bookies just don’t give away money with something this obvious. One of two things will happen this week. Either the Jets Cinderella story continues and they upset the Saints or they come crashing back down to earth and get thumped my the Saints. As soon as the Jets fall behind I think things will just get worse for them. Jets win with defense and not much offense. I look for their rookie QB to show his youth and inexperience this week. New Orleans will show the Jets who the real deal is. Saints by at least 17. Go ahead…..call me crazy.

Tennessee -3 vs Jacksonville (strong play)………….No long winded write-up here and there is none needed. Tennessee is one of the better teams in the league and they are not going to lose this game. I just don’t see anything special about Jacksonville this year at all. Tennessee is clearly the better team and it will show. Might not be a blowout since it is at Jacksonville, but it does not have to be. They only need to win by four and that should not be a problem.

Miami +2 vs Buffalo (strong play)…………..Miami is starting to look like that 1-15 team of a couple of years ago. Not really, guess it just seems that way with them not winning a game yet this year. Dolphins are too good to keep losing. Their coach will not allow it. Plus it is too easy to go against them this week after finding out their QB who makes the team go is done for the year and we now have Henning making his first start. Well no matter what people say or think, Pennington was just there for a few years and Henning is considered the future. Guess we will find out sooner than expected. It would be another story if Miami was playing a top notch team, but they are not. Maybe if this were in Buffalo, but it is not. Despite all the injuries and bad start, Miami should be favored in this game at home and for a good reason….they will win.

Tampa Bay +7 vs Washington (regular play)………………You would have to be out of your mind to want to watch this game and maybe more out of your mind (like me) to bet on it. I am just going on a gut feeling that either team is incapable of winning a game by more than seven points. Some people might think Washington is embarrassed after losing to Detroit and come out and kill them, but I just think Washington is not very good. This just has all the makings of a dull, boring, low scoring game with the seven points being huge.

Dallas -3 vs Denver (regular play)……………Let me start off by saying Dallas is better than people think and Denver is definitely not as good as people think. I thought Denver would be really bad this year, but they are 3-0. I say big deal. They beat Cincinnati, Cleveland and Oakland, so lets not hand them over the Superbowl trophy just yet. Of course I am being sarcastic. Huge step up in class for Denver, even too big for home field advantage to overcome. After reading picks in many forums as well, there is a good many people picking Denver to win this game. The more the merrier I say. Take the better team and put some cash in your wallet.

San Fran -10 vs St Louis (regular play)…………..How strange does it look seeing the 49ers as a ten point favorite? Feels like it has been years since that happened. It is justified this week though. The niners are a team on the rise and St Louis looks like there are good college teams that could beat them. St Louis is a fade every week until they show me something.

Cincinnati -6 vs Cleveland (regular play)…………….This could very well be a trap with Cincy’s upset of Pittsburgh last week and Cleveland just plain sucking. Cleveland might very well be last years Detroit Lions. Detroit along with St Louis will be on my list of playing against all season long.

I do like San Diego over Pittsburgh Sunday night, but I am holding out for seven points. I just hope it goes that way instead of the other. As soon as I see that line move to seven, I will jump on it. Even at 6.5 or 6 I will still take them, but maybe just not as strong of a play. I will be back later if and when I make my play.

Monday night should be a great matchup as well. That will be a great one to watch, so I will have to throw a little something on it.

Good Luck Everybody!!
Working...
X