X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's CROWNE PLAZA Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD
    UNITS: +19.50

Sadly, I did a little damage to my units total last week with three missed cuts in my picks and the names of those MCs are a bit perplexing. Not trying to get it all back at once and this weeks odds are nothing special! Seems this week there's not a lot of value in the Top 5 finish lines that are usually offered and many books are only offering Top 10 odds if they are even offering anything other than outright winner lines.

ZACH JOHNSON 14/1 OUTRIGHT - As an example, the e.w. lines here are 5/4 for a Top 10 finish. I'd rather wager on him to take the title. He's coming off a T2nd at The Players which is his 2nd runnerup finish in his last three tour starts---the other was at the RBC Heritage, and his course form is rather good with Top 10 finishes in his last 3 trips to Colonial which includes a victory in 2010 when he set the tournament record with a -12 under 259 total for his four rounds.

BO VAN PELT 6/1 E.W. - If you are looking for a player with great recent form to go along with some pretty awesome course form numbers here's your guy! He T7th at The Players which was his 5th Top 10 on the young season and ties him for that stat with Kevin Na, AND, he's got 11, yes E-L-E-V-E-N consecutive rounds in the 60s at Colonial where he's a perfect 8/8 in cuts made with 5 Top 20 finishes and a solo 3rd place finish in 2011 and was T10th in 2010! Currently 2nd on tour in strokes gained putting and 6th all-around. He's wearing 28/1 to win outright odds as well.

SERGIO GARCIA 7/1 E.W. - Not one of my favorites as you may know, but I surely enjoyed watching him go head-to-head with Graeme McDowell in the Volvo World Match Play event last Sunday where he lost in a close match and settle for a T5th in his native Spain. Sergio looked like a much improved putter last week and recovered handsomely when he hit a couple of errant tee shots. He finished T16th last year at Colonial on a course where he recorded his 1st of 7 career PGA Tour wins. He's also survived 15 straight cuts on the tour.

KEVIN NA 9/1 E.W. - Is tied with the aforementioned Van Pelt with 5 Top 10s on the season. He T7th at The Players where he led the field in putting and his approach off the cart path to the green on the 18th hole wasn't bad either . He ranks 18th on tour in fairways at 67% off the tee making 11/14 cuts on the season and has 4 Top 25s in his last 6 trips to Colonial. His best finishes here are T9th in 2009 and T7th in 2007. Continues to look like a solidly consistent year evolving for Na.....

JONAS BLIXT 16/1 E.W. - I'm a sucker for a Cinderella Story....so have you seen this "kid" and actually looked at his recent form! Over his last three tour starts he has a T12th at the Zurich, T9th at the Wells Fargo and T3rd last week at the HP Byron Nelson. In those tournaments he was a collective -30 under par going -12, -9, -9, with rounds of 68 or better in 7 of the 12 rounds he's played and played under par in 11 of those 12 rounds! Now tell me he isn't the hottest Tour rookie. A couple of putts last week kept him from making it to a playoff with HP eventual winner Jason Dufner.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X