JoePa's Masters Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Masters Picks

First foray into golf this season and it's on one of the biggest weekends on the PGA Tour, or in golf for that matter! My picks are below:

MATT KUCHAR - OUTRIGHT WIN 18/1 - Struggled a bit the last two Sundays but was still very much in contention. Big stage here requires a prime time player and Kooch is a man that really enjoys the game and a challenge like Augusta. He's one of the hottest players on tour right now and is 8th in scoring average at 69.740, is among the best in scrambling at 63%, has a playoff finish 2nd @ the Shell Houston, and T4th at the Valero. On the season he had 6 Top 10s, 7 Top 25s in 9 starts and more importantly he has a pair of Top 10s in his last two trips to Augusta.

SERGIO GARCIA - OUTRIGHT WIN 20/1 - I am not a Sergio fan, but his recent form leads me to believe he could break out at the right time and grab the green jacket at Augusta. He was 3rd last week at the Shell Houston and has 4 Top 10s and 6 Top 25s in 6 starts on the season. Plus, he ranks first in scoring average at 69.285, 1st in scrambling at 68%, and 16th in GIR at 70%. Garcia has 13 straight Top 20 finishes and at Augusta he is trending....finishing T12th in 2012 and T8th in 2013. Like Kuchar he's just a 4/1 shot to place Top 5.....

JORDAN SPEITH - TOP 5 FINISH 8/1 - I am a huge Speith fan and hope he's repping the burnt orange on Sunday as he strolls up the 18th at Augusta National. He's currently ranked 13th in the Official World of Golf Rankings and 12th in the FedEx Cup race. His scoring average is 70.258 which places him 23rd, he's earned a 2nd place finish, 4 Top 10s and 8 Top 25s through 11 events on tour this year. Speith has to be hungry having missed the cut last week at the Shell Houston, but he was 10th at the Valero the week before.

HARRIS ENGLISH - TOP 5 FINISH 11/1 - This first-timer in a long ball hitter and a pretty good putter. English is currently 4th on tour in scoring average at 69.610, 1st in GIR at 73% and 22nd in driving distance at 300 yards which certainly shortens the course. One the year he has 6 Top 10s, 9 Top 25s, and has made the cut in all 13 events he's played in so far.

BRANDT SNEDEKER - TOP 5 FINISH 6/1 - My feel-good and just-because pick! Sneds scoring average is 71.91 which ranks him 149th on tour, but hey now, that's just 2.5 strokes behind Sergio who ranks 1st! His T8th at Bay Hill ended a 6 month drought without a Top 10 and he has 4 Top 20s in his last 5 trips to Augusta.....worth a small play at least!
    Last edited by joepa66; 04-09-2014, 11:02 AM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X