JoePa's FedEx St. Jude Classic Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's FedEx St. Jude Classic Picks

Last week the best I could do was a T8th from Charl Swartzel and my prediction that a first-timer wouldn't win The Memorial went awry. Some pretty good names in the field this week!

FREDERICK JACOBSON - 50/1 OUTRIGHT WIN & 10/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Freddie has been quietly hanging around this season, but is on a 9/10 run in cuts made making 6 Top 20s with his best finish a couple weeks ago when he T3rd at the Crowne Plaza. He ranks 7th on Tour in strokes gained putting, 37th in scoring and in 12 appearances here has 5 Top 20s to show for it.

RYAN PALMER - 4/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Top 5 finishes in each of the last two years at TPC Southwind with a solo 4th last season--when he went low on the weekend with rounds of 65-66 and T3rd in 2012. He T5th in his last event at the Crowne Plaza.

JOHN SENDEN - 6/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Just keep waiting for another breakthrough this season to prove that his Valspar win was no fluke. The Aussie does have 4 Top 10s this year (T4th McGladery, T8th The Masters, the Valspar win, T5th at the Crowne Plaza). Five years ago he finished inside the Top 10 here for a second time.

BILLY HORSCHEL - 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - His recent form has been palpable and he grabbed a T15th at The Memorial last week where he led the field in GIR. Snagged a T10th place finish last year in Memphis. I like his no-nonsense relaxed approach and so did Holly Sonders on an episode of Playing Lessons With the Pros.

DAVID TOMS - 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - I'd be a fool not to throw a wager his way since he IS the all-time earnings leader at the St. Jude. He's beloved in Memphis having been a two-time champion and two-time runner-up here. Most recently he T5th at the Crowne Plaza. Let's see if he can cap off a big week with a Top 5 or an outright winner after qualifying for the U.S. Open on Monday!

Good Luck to ya! :thumbs:
    Last edited by joepa66; 06-03-2014, 06:28 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X