JoePa's Travelers Championship Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Travelers Championship Picks

Managed to grab a Top 5 winner last week with Henrik Stenson at the U.S. Open, but his feat was not without drama for me! The big Swede was in a T5th after 15 holes and he proceeded to bogey 16 and went on to par 17 and hit one tight to birdie the final hole and grab a T4th. This week is good for hangovers because the hair of the dog is TPC River Highlands which is full of birdie opportunities!

JASON DAY - 14/1 OUTRIGHT WINNER Thumb? What thumb? Day makes a return to TPC River Highland for the first time since his T27th in 2008. A T4th last week at the U.S. Open shows he can compete again and I think his return to form will make him a regular visitor to the top of PGA Tour leaderboards. His odds for a Top 5 finish are only 3/1.....

BUBBA WATSON - 4/1 TOP 5 FINISH Bubba does well on courses that in his own words "fit my eye"---obviously TPC River Highlands is one of Bubba's favorite tracks since he has 3 Top 4s including a win in his last 4 starts here. Odds are 12/1 for an outright win....

DUSTIN JOHNSON - 4/1 TOP 5 FINISH Long off the tee is making his 7th consecutive start and coming off a T4th at the U.S. Open. He ranks 18th in GIR, 5th in par breakers and 4th in scoring. He's capable and on the cusp.....and his odds are 14/1 to win outright.

ERIK COMPTON - 14/1 TOP 5 FINISH If anything, you have to love the back story. Compton certainly has captured the hearts of Tour fans. His T2nd last week at the U.S. Open was his third Top 5 finish in his last 9 starts on the season. 70/1 odds for an outright winner.

JAMES HAHN - 20/1 TOP 5 FINISH Hahn makes his Travelers debut and comes to Connecticut off of a T6th at the St. Jude Classic where he led the field in post-cut scoring with going -6 with weekend rounds of 67-67. That showing was just three short weeks after his T5th at the HP Byron Nelson where he had two stellar middle rounds of 65-65. Even though he still ranks in triple digits in strokes gained putting, the flat stick has been the impetus for his improvement after 15 months without a Top 15 in Tour events. His strokes gained putting at the HP was 0.978 and it was 1.047 at the St. Jude. This course is made for birdies and I hope he can score some. He's a 110/1 shot to take the umbrella home.....

I also considered Graham DeLaet at 40/1 to win and 8/1 Top 5, as well as Brooks Koepka a 50/1 and 10/1 shot.
    Last edited by joepa66; 06-17-2014, 06:16 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X