JoePa's Quicken Loans National Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Quicken Loans National Picks

Managed a T18th with Jason Day last week in an exciting finish by Kevin Streelman to overtake Sergio and KJ Choi. Tiger makes his debut this week after back surgery but I don't know what to think of his return and know that he wouldn't make a return without being in reasonably good form. Nonetheless, I really like this tournament and the roots behind it and I will not go Tiger's way.....

JORDAN SPEITH - 12/1 OUTRIGHT WIN - Weekend scoring numbers have inflated for the young horn over the last several weeks---he ranks 105th in after-the-cut scoring---after being so solid at the outset of the season. Still, Speith has managed Top 20 finishes in 6 of his last 7 starts and 14 on the season. He took a solo 6th here last year after sharing the lead thru 36 holes. I take him to win because he's an 11/4 shot for a Top 5 finish.

JASON DAY - 12/1 OUTRIGHT WIN - Just like Speith you've got to risk some big dough to get a Top 5 finish wager.....he's at 13/5. Day showed he was healthy with a T4th at Pinehurst just two short weeks ago and grabbing a T18th last week at The Travelers. Day took a solo 2nd at Congressional in the U.S. Open in 2011, T8th in 2012 and T21st in 2013. I am not throwing in the towel on him just because a little wobble last week.

BRENDON TODD - 6/1 TOP 5 FINISH - After his Tour breakthrough win at the HP Byron Nelson, Todd has managed 4 Top 20s. He T13th at Congressional in 2013, ranks 7th in strokes gained putting and is 12th in scoring.

CARL PETTERSON - 10/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Petterson just popped up on my radar after a T3rd at the St. Jude and a T7th at The Travelers last week, AND, he was UNDER PAR in every round during those tournaments....that's 8 straight rounds. Those two consecutive Top 10s are the first consecutive Top 10s for Pettersen since August 2012.

BRENDAN STEELE - 12/1 TOP 5 FINISH - I will admit that the Pettersen and Steele picks a solely based on recent form! Steele is fresh off a T5th last week at The Travelers where he matched a career tying low round of 62. Also, he T16th at Congressional in 2013.

KEVIN CHAPPELL - 14/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Chappell T3rd at the U.S. Open at Congressional in 2011---his first ever major start---and has made the cut in his last two tries here every though he's without a Top 25 finish in those starts. He does have a T11th at Quail Hollow and a T10th at Colonial this season, is 25th in GIR and 10th in proximity.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X