Fights - Drought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights - Drought

So we hit another slump. No major boxing or MMA for another whole month. Everytime this happens I find out that there is actually a world out there with other things to do on the weekends, besides bet on fights.

So I guess all we can do it prep in the meantime.
    What are you guys looking forward to?

Hatton vs Castillo should be a good one. We have to wait and see how it opens, but I may go with Castillo on this one. I know by the looks of their last couple the easy pick would be Hatton, but I think Castillo can war this one out, unless it's in Manchester. Hatton has never really been in a war before, and Castillo is going to bring it to him. Plus after reading the interview with Diego C. about what he thinks, I like Castillo even more. Castillo UD, but let's see how the line opens and moves.

Corrales fights Clottey April 7th. Clottey looked very impressive against Margarito, so it's hard to say, but I think I will go with Chico on this one. KO.

Then we have ESPN2's "Friday Night Fights"
    Friday, April 13 2007
    Tunica, Mississippi
    Zab Judah (34-4, 25 KOs) versus Ruben Galvan (27-11-2, 10 KOs)

I hope Judah wins, but barely, just so he can be a live underdog when he fights Cotto. My money is all over Judah for the "upset" over Cotto. Zab shouldn't have made that comment about what Trinidad said (you will KO Cotto in 4) but oh well, it is what it is.

They really shouldn't be labeled as upsets since you are looking at vet vs up-and-commer, but I think the vets will come through. I smell upsets.

MMA
    Diego vs Kos looks interesting. The rest are one sided...

hatton is due for a beating,,very lack luster showing last time out.....for sure i wouldnt bet hatton in that one.........zab iam not a big fan of zab,after those dirty low blows vs mayweather,,mayweather really made a monkey outta that boy,,i took zab in that fight btw....nope i wont be betting on zabino any time soon,,he might go on my never bet again list with joe riggs and babafu.............. i really like sanchez vs koshchek,dont see sanchez loosing any time soon,,, when he does loose it will be to one of the top guys,,give him a few more fights,would love to see him vs hughes in the near future,,now that would be interesting......... gsp,sanchez,and swick so far:) going to concentrate more on the main card this time out,, some of these ufc undercards i dont know where the **** they come up with these guys.............. v3 what do you think about randy vs cro cop??? you think randy has one more in him,or do you think cop kicks his head off??? it would be very hard for me to bet randy in that one,,, what kind of line could they have on that one??? the champ will be the underdog i would think.............

Comment

I agree, Hatton doesn't want to bang with Castillo, especially at 140.

I am not a big fan of Judah, and I played him against Mayweather as well (got it at +450), but Cotto has a glass jaw. I don't care what anyone says, he's going down in this fight. I have been waiting for him to take a step up and have a good figher be an underdog against and this is the one to bank on it. You can't say Zab Judah isn't a class A fighter. He isn't the best in the Class "A", but he definately isn't a B level fighter. He is definately up there, fan or not. I have to see how it opens, and I woudlnt be surprised if Vegas opens him as a fave. The only problem is that its at 147 now, and Zab isn't handling the weight as well as he could. Zab is a true 140 and Cotto seems to be a natural 147. Fight at 140 and Cotto is laid out flat, 147 and we've got some problems. Either way, money is on Zab. the bigger the dog the better.

Kos has the chance of pulling out a lay and pray. He does have sick wrestling and has improved a great deal since TUF season 1, but so has Sanchez.

I don't want to see Randy vs Cro Cop. It's a lose-lose fight for Cro Cop in my opinion. I want Cro Cop vs Big Timmy.

Comment

odds

UFC Fighting Spread Money Line Total Points Team Total Points
        Ultimate Fighting Championship 69 - Toyota Center, Houston, Texas - PPV
        Sat 4/7 801 Georges St. Pierre -750
        11:30PM (EST) 802 Matt Serra +525
        how the **** can i make any money with odds like this??? gsp will be over a grand by fight time:bang:

Comment

Only way to make any money is to throw a ton at it. The question is whether or not it's worth the risk? The books can't give money away.
          If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
          What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
            UFC Fighting Spread Money Line Total Points Team Total Points
            Ultimate Fighting Championship 69 - Toyota Center, Houston, Texas - PPV
            Sat 4/7 801 Georges St. Pierre -750
            11:30PM (EST) 802 Matt Serra +525
            how the **** can i make any money with odds like this??? gsp will be over a grand by fight time:bang:
            His injury isn't healed in time, fights hurt, and takes it easy on Serra since they are friends. That's the only way I see anyone making any real money off this fight.

Other than that, GSP will dismantle him. I'd be suprised if it goes more than a round and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
              Only way to make any money is to throw a ton at it. The question is whether or not it's worth the risk? The books can't give money away.
              jay why not,,i gave enough money away in the past six months:bang:

Comment

haha...sorry man, I wish they gave it away. I'd be first in line!! Good luck!! Kick the book in the sack!
                If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Klitschko vs Austin

Nice KO...

Comment

v3 i saw that fight was today,,-1000 was a bit much for me...i hope better days are coming...........waiting on my tax return to reload,hope it comes monday,,dont wanna miss any tourney action....gtown looked really good tonight............would to see pacman vs baby face,,thats gonna be a good one,,,i will be on pac again this time,,hope the odds are not too bad!!!

Comment

The O/U was 6.5
                      Most boxing critics were predicting a late KO (around 9).
                      I thought under and tried to place my bet (my book picked up but had zero phone reception, tried twice). Then I read the critics and got swayed to the over, and then just dropped it all together. Didn't play, couldnt make up my mind.

Pac has a fight comming up and so does Barerra. I'll be on Pac again as well. I've never once bet against Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X