Saturday Fights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Fights

I'm trying to find a way to play JM Marquez without laying the damn 400+ cause I really think he wins easily in this one. Risking 50 to win 37.50 to win by decision doesn't seem bad but then I fell like I almost rooting for Juarez to not get knocked out more than I'm watching JMM dismantle him, know what I mean?

JMM by decision isn't a bad bet at all. JMM is getting old so he doesn't crush peope like he used to. The guy is 34 now, and has had 2 KO's in the last 3-4 years, and both were against Phillipino fighters with padded records (fights oversees). Juarez has never been KO'd and has lost a couple of his last.

I like JMM by decision. Then again, Juarez straight up could add some excitement to a night, the guy is relentless. Raf just got beat by Vazquez, so maybe its his brothers turn?

I think this one is closer than the lines say.

I know my opinion is all jarbled in this one, just because I think Rocky has a shot in this one, more than people are giving him.

Don't listen to me, I wont even be watching it!!!!! Ha...

Comment

Well, your jumbled nothingness of an answer I think echoed my sentiments. I'm trying to find a way to play JMM without laying the huge price because I think Rocky has a "puncher's chance" in this one. Do I think Rocky wins, definitely not. But would I be shocked if he did, no I wouldn't.

I also think I'm nuts cause I want to bet Kessler too but I doubt I will. I just have a feeling.

Comment

what???????????? english please:beerbang:

Comment

juarez???? will loose:) he has no chance
          Last edited by EddieP; 11-03-2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
            JMM by decision isn't a bad bet at all. JMM is getting old so he doesn't crush peope like he used to. The guy is 34 now, and has had 2 KO's in the last 3-4 years, and both were against Phillipino fighters with padded records (fights oversees). Juarez has never been KO'd and has lost a couple of his last.

I like JMM by decision. Then again, Juarez straight up could add some excitement to a night, the guy is relentless. Raf just got beat by Vazquez, so maybe its his brothers turn?

I think this one is closer than the lines say.

I know my opinion is all jarbled in this one, just because I think Rocky has a shot in this one, more than people are giving him.

Don't listen to me, I wont even be watching it!!!!! Ha...
            barrera abused the boy all night long you think it will be different with marquez???? i dont think so:beerbang:

Comment

JMM is no MAB. JMM is way too stiff at times, the guy fights like a robot. I won't go as far to say he is one dimensional but he defines technicality. Sometimes too much tecnhnique is a bad thing, especially when with someone like Juarez who throws punches in bunches. Plus, the first fight Juarez had with MAB could have gone either way really.

I don't think he has no chance at all, ha...give the guy some credit.

-400 +300 just seems off to me.

He opened at +300 in the first fight with MAB, and the second was at around +150

-180 +150 is more realistic in my eyes...but that doesnt even matter because the winner is the winner.

Juarez at +300 is a steal, but if he loses (which he very may will) then the line means nothing.

Comment

Here are 2 more facts that still make me uncertain about the fight, but at the end of the day still lean towards Marquez.

* Marquez is comming of a hand injury (infection) which made him postpone it from September.

* They would just LOVE a rematch with him and Manny Pac.

Anytime this much hype goes into a what could be labeled as a "tune up" for a huge PPV event such as Marquez vs Manny P, there is rarely an upset especially when it comes down to the score cards. I know we are all still phased by the year or two of upsets, but things are comming around back to normal.

So ya, I'm going to back you up in this one. Marquez by decision looks solid, although some boxing experts on the net are saying he has enough to pull off a late stoppage against the never been stopped and as far as I know never been dropped Juarez.

Comment

I tailed you on that one CuseFan. I seriously thought we were screwed with that nasty cut in the 1st. Although if they stopped it after the fourth, it would have went to the cards, correct? Which you would think would be the same as a win by decision, I sure as hell wasnt trying to find out and argue with the books. Rocky is tough as hell for sticking it out. Cut or not, I believe the result would have been the same. WOW, Pacman vs. JMM is definately one I hope they can put together. What the hell are they talking about Deylahoya fighting Manny? I know Oscar cant get near 130 and probably not 135. I wonder what catch weight they would meet at? Who knows?

Date placed:
                  Nov 03, 2007 5:28p
                  Date settled:
                  Nov 03, 2007 11:51p
                  Single # 91953994
                  Boxing - Props (Prop) Moneyline
                  (210) Marquez by Decision 20/37 Sat@10:00p
                  Final Scores
                  Marquez by KO, TKO or DQ 0
                  Marquez by Decision 1
                  Juarez by KO, TKO or DQ 0
                  Juarez by Decision 0
                  Draw 0
                  Outcome:
                  Win
                  Risk $100.97 to win $54.58

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                    juarez???? will loose:) he has no chance
                    taaaaa daaaaaaaaa:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                      taaaaa daaaaaaaaa:beerbang:
                      No one ever sadi Juarez would win, I just said I don't think JMM is some indestructable fighter who couldn't lose. Did you watch it? The cut from the head butt in Round 1 completely changed the fight. You have no way of knowing what would have happened had Rocky not been cut so badly. That was brutal. Yea, he probably would have lost anyway but Rocky is heart, glad he didn't get hurt seriously and also glad they didn't stop it cause of my wager.

Also, my post is above is perfect, coherent English so I'm not sure what you can't understand about it :dunno:

Two very entertaining fights this weekend. Looking forward to Cotto/Moseley now. Cotto!! :thumbs:

no1mike - Congrats on the cash, talking about sweating it our for EVERY round, haha...

Comment

yep i watched it........i liked the fourth round the best all 2 minutes of it:thumbs: very sure it was an honest mistake by the time keeper lol.... head butts happen,if they had a ****en brain among them in the Juarez corner they would have had the fight stopped.........sure it bothered him the entire fight...in away it may have helped him go the distance because he had that left hand up protecting the gash from the first round forward...gotta love those uppercuts by jmm...next you will tell me jmm was at fault for the headbutt.........heart has nothing to do with being down right stupid......... the fact is Juarez has not beat anyone,well except my man manny lucero............ god knows i hate to agree with you cuse but i do like cotto also:thumbs: Juarez should really think about going back down in weight , he just cant beat the top guys at 130, how many chances does he want??? ok so the first fight with mab was close,dont think mab took that fight real serious, the second attempt he made rocky look like a golden gloves teenager,, and now this........three strikes your out........ sure he is a tough guy,like most pro boxers are.. he just cant beat the guys at the top @130.. why make excuses
                        Last edited by EddieP; 11-05-2007, 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling and addition to post

Comment

I agree he should go back down in weight if he wants his career to continue (and probably flourish). He can't hang with the guys at 130ish.

And again, I never thought or said Juarez would win, but I don't think he would have gotten obliterated quite so badly had he been able to see out of both eyes for more than 2 minutes of the fight. I also never said the head butt was his fault, or even implied it.

Comment

cuse did you notice the diference in speed alone??? sure i agree without the cut he would have done better, what ifs dont count....... his own trainer said rocky keeps repeating the same mistakes in his big fights,, jabs his way in, gets inside and then forgets to let his hands go....... rocky is good never meant to imply the guy was a bum, he is still a top 10 guy at 130 just because of his whiskers, he just cant get over the hump with the top two or three guys....... the best thing for him would be droping down in weight, if he really wants a belt:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X