X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guzman vs Soto

Guzman -170
    Soto +140

Huge step up for the undefeated Guzman. The guy is short, stalky, and techincal. Reminds me of Sharmba Mitchell. Soto is relentless though.

They are trying to set up a showdown with Guzman and any big named fighter, but I don't think he is ready for that. People think that we are sleeping on this guy, but the fact to me is that he isn't THAT good. B+/A- fighter at best. Now 31, he isn't getting any better.

I should know better than to bet against Guzman with them trying to set up a big fight between him and a namer, plus he is undefeated, but I'm going to do it. ONLY because Soto can bang and Guzman's chin hasn't been fully tested. That is all that I am banking on. No one really knows if Guzman can take shots, so its a toss up. 50/50. Give him the undefeated factor and the odds look just right.

Soto, +140, 1 Unit.
    Sketchy play...not very confident...but taking a shot.

like guzman in this one,call it a hunch.... havent been betting lately,have nothing left to loose........... good luck v3 on who ever you go with:thumbs:

Comment

Just placed.

Soto at +140 ; 1 Unit

Thanks Eddie...

Comment

good luck bud will be pulling for soto:thumbs: hey do you know if strike force is on the tube tonight???? man i wanna see cung le:beerbang:

Comment

Strikeforce To Stream Live On Yahoo! Sports

Between Rounds

Available to all internet users located beyond a 150 mile radius of San Jose, the live stream, free of charge to viewers, will begin at 8 PM PST (11 PM EST) and include the entire Strikeforce four-man, single-elimination tournament, featuring middleweight (185 lb. limit) stars Trevor Prangley (16-4), Falaniko Vitale (24-7), Yuki Sasaki (21-13-1), and Jorge Santiago (14-7). Each tournament bout will consist of two, five-minute rounds.

Comment

hmmm yahoo sports never used that,do i need a manual to set it up?? lol

Comment

never mind i got it:thumbs: thanks

Comment

Pulling for Niko Vitale on this one...

Comment

Weigh in's came in a little off. Both weighed in a little over (.2) and Guzman came back a lot less while Soto came in on point.

I don't like my play more and more as time goes on but I wouldnt change it so it works out for me. What will shock me is if this thing goes all 12 with no knock downs. Guzman is too sturdy to take a flash knock down, but sturdy to the point where if Soto lands flush he's on wobble street.

Comment

Little bit of late money comming in on Soto drops it to +130
                    Thats what I like to see...

EDIT
                    Dropped again. Now +120
                    Last edited by V3r1f13d; 11-17-2007, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Typical HBO nut-riding to keep talking about Guzman. The only thing Guzman has proved so far is that he can take several punches straight to the face. Soto has the edge so far, Guzman hitting gloves and now lands a low blow.

Comment

So Harold (literally wears ear muffs to drown out the BS) ends it at 115-113 Guzman. I had it 115-113 Soto.

HBO, crowd, and the judges see it completly different and make it a land slide.

Well, Guzman does have a chin...thats what he showed me.

Comment

who won?? i didnt watch it.......

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                            So Harold (literally wears ear muffs to drown out the BS) ends it at 115-113 Guzman. I had it 115-113 Soto.

HBO, crowd, and the judges see it completly different and make it a land slide.

Well, Guzman does have a chin...thats what he showed me.
                            I agree. I missed the first round, but that was a joke (the scores). 116-112 at best, but I agreed with Lederman on almost every round he had scored. Guzman does not impress at all. Manny Pac-Man would rip he a new ******* if he takes Guzman on (which would be a joke) since Guzman doesn't deserve it.

The one guy had it 118-111? Seriously? These boxing judges are a complete joke.

Comment

@Eddie - Guzman won.

@Cuse - The fight could have really gone either way and leaning towards Guzman is cool, I could say he won and be fine with it, wasnt a robbery or anything just bad scoring. Guzman can take a punch though, guys head is a cinder block, took a bunch of flush shots and it didn't even phase him.

Comment

Working...
                              X