Wec 12/12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wec 12/12

OK, didnt see one started yet so lets get it going. This card looks like it could be really good. 3 title fights, and some big names getting ready to bang.

Urijah Faber Vs. Jeff Curran.......cant wait for this one.
    Cub Swanson Vs. Jens Pulver......Jens is looking to make up for some poor performances.
    Paulo Filho Vs. Chael Sonnen.....probably be way too much juice on Fihlo
    Doug Marshall Vs. Ariel Gandulla
    John Alessio Vs. Todd Moore
    Bryan Baker Vs. Eric Schambari
    Alex Karalexis Vs. Ed Ratcliff ..........cant stand Karalexis
    Ian McCall Vs. Charlie Valencia
    Brian Bowles Vs. Marcos Galvao

I haven't seen any lines for this one yet. If anyone has, please post them. The WEC, although not as well known to the causual mma fan, is definately not low budget. These guys bang as hard as any and they have been putting on nice cards this year. The only thing that sucks is that I have been getting killed on my WEC wagers and would like to turn things around on wednesday. Hoping the forum has some good info so we can make some money together.

SO, what ya think guys???

Got these odds from a mma forum chat, dont know where he got them but it gives us an idea as I still have not found any for myself.
    MIXED MARTIAL ARTS - Dec 12
    WEC 31: HARD ROCK HOTEL, LAS VEGAS, NV

32509 JEFF CURRAN +260
    32510 URIJAH FABER -320

32511 CUB SWANSON -110
    32512 JENS PULVER -120

32513 CHAEL SONNEN +320
    32514 PAULO FILHO -400

32515 ARIEL GANDULLA +110
    32516 DOUG MARSHALL -140

32517 TODD MOORE +300
    32518 JOHN ALESSIO -370

32519 BRYAN BAKER +140
    32520 ERIC SCHAMBARI -170

32521 ED RATCLIFF +125
    32522 ALEX KARALEXIS -155
    Last edited by No1mikefan; 12-11-2007, 08:28 PM. Reason: posting odds

Ratcliff .7 unit heh
    Gandulla -120 (line shifted on betus) 1.5 units

faber
    filho
    alessio
    risking 3 units (parlay)

faber
    jens
    filho
    alessio
    gandulla
    risking 1.25 unit (parlay)

If you can get jens as a slight favorite, bet him straight up. Him and Cub got some bad blood now... cub is going to stand and bang probably, in which case Jens is much more technical and should ko him.

Filho looked like **** in his first WEC fight (for the belt) and still won in the first round. CHael is no pushover, but filho is arguably the best 185'er in the world (better than Anderson). Curran has some value, but he gets taken down alot, and that is Faber's world...take him down, GnP the crap out of him.

Gandulla is the challenge for the title, but is more well rounded than Doug who is a big banger.

Put a little on Ratcliff straight up because I've really never liked karalexis.

Comment

Ha,Ha, yea F#CK Alex! Im taking Jens for a little, but Im afraid to tell ya buddy, I took the Rhino for a chunk....I hope he doesnt pull a Dennis Kang on Me????? Well see how it goes.
      GOOD LUCK YUKON!!!:beerbang:

Well, thats what I get for making that bet last night, the lines have sky rocketed the other way on my Doug Marshall pick. WTF happend today to make the line go nuts. There has been a 60 point swing on one book I saw? Well, nothing to do now but wait, ITS FIGHT TIME!!!!
      Last edited by No1mikefan; 12-12-2007, 09:00 PM. Reason: Think Im screwed

Comment

Not even going to lie guys, thought I was seriously screwed when I saw that line movement. YUKON, please tell me what was going on, you know we dont see mma lines jump like that? Oh well, a win is a win. Once again my lack of patience cost me as Doug Marshall was anywhere from +120 to +150 at fight time. My DUMB ass got him last night and thought I was getting a deal:bang: :bang:

Date placed:
        Dec 12, 2007 12:50a
        Date settled:
        Dec 12, 2007 9:16p
        Single # 98463870
        Mixed Martial Arts Moneyline
        (807) Doug Marshall -115 Wed@8:00p
        Final Scores
        Doug Marshall 1
        Ariel Gandulla 0
        Outcome:
        Win
        Risk US$ 220.00 to win US$ 191.30
        Last edited by No1mikefan; 12-12-2007, 11:28 PM. Reason: post results

Comment

Yukon-
          Love seeing you hit that 3 unit parlay. But seriously, WTF is wrong with Fihlo? Thats twice he **** the bed and wound up with the win. I know you were nervous buddy. People say he is the best 185 pound for pound in the world, he sure doesnt bring it lately. Very dissapointed in that dude. The only good thing about such a ****ty performance is that you were able to make some coin off him!!:beerbang:

Overall, Good card, The WEC brings it. How about Faber?? That little dude is insane. Its messed up that a dude that weighs half of what I do could kick my ass......LOL!!!! :laughing:

Comment

It is so obvious to me that Filho had to be on Roids when he was in Pride, that his recent performances are pretty mcuh disgusting. His striking was also so pathetic it was unreal. I did kinda think int he back of my mind he would catch Chael. Armbars are Paulo's favorite.

Faber was very impressive, but so was Curran. Sick anaconda choke by jens. Very surprised/impressed that Marshall got that armbar, was working for traingle/armbar immediately. Damn him though, that costed me from being a slightly "plus" night to a great night haha.

Comment

Working...
            X