Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wec 33

MMA Fighting Spread Money Line Total Points Team Total Points
    WEC 33 - Light Heavyweight Championship 5 rounds - The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Wed 3/26 101 Doug Marshall +130
    10:15PM (EST) 102 Brian Stann -160 get it before it goes higher:beerbang:
    WEC 33 - - The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Wed 3/26 201 Bryan Baker +275
    9:50PM (EST) 202 Chael Sonnen -365
    Wed 3/26 203 Ed Ratcliff +100
    9:00PM (EST) 204 Marcus Hicks -130
    Wed 3/26 205 Steve Cantwell +110
    9:00PM (EST) 206 Tim Mckenzie -140
    Wed 3/26 207 Blas Avena +160
    9:00PM (EST) 208 Hirumitsu Miura -195
    Wed 3/26 209 John Alessio +210
    7:00PM (EST) 210 Brock Larson -270
    Wed 3/26 211 Sergio Gomez +165
    7:00PM (EST) 212 Rich Crunkilton -205

I don't agree with Stann having value at -160... Marshall is more skilled on the ground (with the little skills he does have). Stann is just raw. Both are brawlers, I'd take the value of the champ being a dog.

NOW, you guys want a real guy to bet on.....

JOHN ALESSIO +210 is absolutely crazy. I figured this fight woudl be even odds. Having alessio this high is near retarded. He has better standup than Brock, his bjj grappling is also better. Larson is just a strong tough guy that is a good wrestler. Does that warrant him being that big of a fave...hellllllll no. You don't see many oddsmaking f ups like this in mma anymore. Get on it, at least for a 1/2 unit. You're gonna have more of a shot with alessio winning than playing a side in the ncaa sweet 16 with -110 price lol.

edit: by the way, Alessio is +240 on Bodog LoL, and +225 on bookmaker.

Comment

Ill get back to you guys tomorrow with my picks. Im really looking forward to this card. The WEC has been great to watch even if I have gotten my ass kicked in the books. For whats its worth, MMA Weekly picks the Rhino by 1st round KO. They have write ups for each fight on their site. They have been money lately so its definately worth reading IMO. Doug was good to me in his last fight winning by sub. Stann is a strong dude no doubt, but I have to agree with Yukon that he is just too raw at this point in his carreer. I would also have to think that Marshall is going to feel truly disrespected being a dog as the champ. Could be motivation to prove the haters wrong. I look for a stand up slug fest, and if thats the case, the Rhino throws some heavy leather! Damn I cant wait, I have been suffering from MMA withdrawl. tomorrow night and this weekend (Shamrock vs. Kung Lee) are just what the doctor ordered. Cant wait. Ill have to look more into that Alessio pick of yours Yukon, You're usually right on the money with those dog picks!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!! :beerbang:

Comment

Stann is now -185 AT 5DIMES..........somebody thinks he is gonna win:thumbs: question? how often do we see a champ a 2 to 1 underdog??? ...Sonnen should be a easy winner also............ good luck you guys:beerbang:

Comment

Its because he has gotten a ton of press as a marine (and people hate Doug Marshall's personality). Eddiep - what warrants him being -185 over doug marshall? I want to know why you think hes an easy winner... He has shown nothing to lead you to that belief.

Crunkilton, Miura, Sonnen = pretty cool parlay.

Comment

Yukon i dont know what warrants him being the favorite...you will have to ask the odds makers that one.... all i can tell you for a fact is the last guy Stann was going to fight backed out, now after what, 5 fights he is getting a title shot... i like his chances, we both know anything can happen but i see Brian winning... if you like marshall take him at plus money, if he wins i will be eating crow, wont be the first time that i was wrong:thumbs: My heart,My head, and my wallet are with Brian and yes he is a marine and a pretty special one at that:thumbs: may the best man Win:beerbang: nice article here Marine aims to add WEC title to Silver Star - USATODAY.com another good one here Brian "All American" Stann lets see how well randy couture has prepared him for this fight.........
            Last edited by EddieP; 03-26-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Actually Brian Stann has done the majority of his training with Team Quest, not xtreme couture. Dude if you're betting on him, shouldn't you be able to tell me what warrants him being a favorite, and why he stylistically is gonna beat Marshall "easily" ?

I don't like Marshall enough to bet on him. I don't like either lol

Comment

Im going with the Rhino for the money alone! Stann is one strong dude, and yes, the whole angle of the marine does good is genious marketing. I seriously dont understand the line. I see the odds makers believing people will bet on him because of the hype, buy why not make it a Pick em, or something closer?? Yes, making the Champ that much of a dog is a slap in the face to say the least. I think the Rhino has a major chip on his shoulder going into this one. Can you blame him? I dont like Doug either, his lovely hockey player smile and the dumbest line in MMA......Knocked dead??? haha, the guy is a clown but I think he gets this one. One thing is for sure, I dont see this one going to the cards. Someone is going to sleep and with odds like that, why not put some on the dog. And this is coming from a dude that lives and DIES with favorites:laughing: Who knows, with all the hype well probably see a boring ass 3round wrestling match:puke: Ill put a little on Alessio for my boy Yukon. nothing big tonight guys, just enough to make things interesting. Should be a good night for us fans!:beerbang:

Good luck guys, at least someone from the forum will win. Come on 8:00 already!!!

No1mike fan is on two dogs........whats the world coming to????:laughing:

I used Bodog. Got Aleesio at +200 and the no tooth Rhino at +150.
                Last edited by No1mikefan; 03-26-2008, 04:37 PM. Reason: adding odds

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
                  Actually Brian Stann has done the majority of his training with Team Quest, not xtreme couture. Dude if you're betting on him, shouldn't you be able to tell me what warrants him being a favorite, and why he stylistically is gonna beat Marshall "easily" ?

I don't like Marshall enough to bet on him. I don't like either lol
                  well Yukon i guess you know more than Brians father in law about where and who he was training with......... really i hope you dont think Brians fighting days were started in the marines, this is fun for him ,compared to getting shot at and watching his friends get blown up...........mistake number one for marshall would be to think he can actually stand with him, not gonna happen... couple more hours and we will know, i hope im right,god knows i have been known to be wrong GSP and Crocop saw to that:laughing: win loose or draw i hope its a good card... have fun guys and good luck:thumbs:

Comment

hahahahahhahahahahha

Dude you absolutely KILL ME. BRIAN HIMSELF in a video interview said hes been training with Team Quest! Did I said he started in the marines? You still haven't told me why you think Stann is a more technically skilled striker than Doug Marshall. Your phrasing of saying "another easy win' and stuff is just dumb...especially when you don't give explanation for that. I'm not giving you a hard time dude, just trying to discuss. Its like you have something against me, or you enjoy seeing me be wrong. I quite frankly don't care if I'm wrong about things, I just like discussing a matchup. Ever since the **** hit the fan with you trash talking to me, its been weird, and its one of the reason why i haven't posted my picks in your mma threads.

Comment

not gonna say a word :beerbang: :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                        not gonna say a word :beerbang: :thumbs:

:laughing: Ha,ha! Too funny EddieP! No crow for you tonight sir. You win some you lose some and tonight you did good buddy! on to this weekend, should be some good fights for us huh?

Comment

Thanks Mike i could not be more happy for Brian and his family, really good people!!!:thumbs:

Comment

Boy its so damn hard not to gloat, played out just like i thought it would.... going to sleep before Yukon gets mad at me.....nighty night and congrats to all the Stann backers:thumbs: oh one last thing another first round KO how sweet is that:)

Comment

Its all in good fun hopefully! I like having all you guys to bounce ideas off! ****, Im glad for you EddieP. Ive seen you get the shaft so many times, its nice to see you end a MMA night on the plus side. Its all good, I think Yukon will give you a pass tonight, haha. So whats up for this weekend, LETS MAKE SOME DAMN MONEY GUYS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X