X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights 4-12

Likely Plays

Woods Over Tarver (-115)
    Dawson Over Johnson (-360) Parlayed With Margarito Over Cintron (-300)
    Gomez Over Cotto (+750)

I have seen Tarver lose, several times. Hopkins schooled him. RJJ beat him in the first fight towards the end of his career. Johnson beat him. Harding broke his jaw. He scraped by Muriqi. Don't get me wrong, Tarver is a bad dude, but his last 4 years have been very inactive and he hasn't fought well at all. This fight is in his backyard, so he is in line for the home cooking, but the line is at a pick 'em for a reason. In fact, Woods opened as a slight fave until early public money started to tap on Tarver. Now, I dont know much about Woods. Sure I have seen him fight, but I don't know a whole lot abouthim. I saw him lose to RJJ, that was 6 years ago. Since then he has beaten Gonzales (hes old now) and Johnson (old as well, but still durable). The only thing Tarver has is home cooking. Woods has to win 8 or 9 rounds to get the nod, and I think he will do it.

Dawson over Johnson. The only thing I can give Johnson is punch output and a decent chin, other than that...Dawson has all the other categories covered. Speed will play a huge roll in this fight. Now, I am only parlaying this with Margarito because I don't feel like eating a ton of chalk. Margarito murdered him the first time (cashed on that) and murdered his last opponent. I personally think he lost against Clottey, but Clottey is a solid and very underrated fighter. No one will give him a shot since he is a no name and so dangerous. Cintron on the other hand, other than beating the undefeated Euro fighter (cashed on the Under) looked like crap against the ex military guy he just fought who had a ton of heart. Cintron's only change is to bang, and even in that category, he is going to lose. So the par looks good to me. Just more confident about Dawson than I am Margarito.

Gomez Over Cotto. Might as well flush my money right? Well, I agree in a way. Gomez has a huge height advantage, and Cotto has no chin. That is ALL I am going off of. Cotto dominates in every aspect other than height and chin. I don't care WHO is fighting WHO. If you are going to tell me that boxer A has a glass jaw and is shorter than fighter B, and fighter B is going to pay 7.5 to 1, i'll play it for a half unit just for kicks. I think the odds of Cotto getting rocked are a lot better than 7.5, so its just a value play here. Could it happen? Of couse. Will it happen? Probably not, but I'm not counting it out.

So there it is...

Lines and Amounts aren't set in stone. Going to play chicken and wait for the weigh ins for these.

Good write up

Looking forward to this
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Felt the weigh ins could only hurt me on this one so I placed it now.

Tarver tends to have weight problems. My friend saw him at Avalon (big club in Hollywood) eating french fries a couple months ago. Not saying he will have trouble this time, but he is more likely than Woods, so I'm not going to wait.

Dawson and Margarito are fine, never had any publicly announced problems. I remember Cintron blowing his diet in the first fight, eating cheeseburgers as a joke at the press conferences. You saw how well that went for him.

Gomez isn't toned to begin with, I'm not concerned about his physique. He just needs to get in there and throw.

So, I went ahead and played it.

Woods 1.15 For 1
      Par On Dawson and Margarito 1 For .7
      Gomez .5 For 3.25

Comment

Weigh ins are all on point, no one had any troubles (announced publicly).

Margarito has got one serious diet...strictly water, protein and vegetables. No other way to look like that.

Comment

Good luck v3! Love Dawson! :thumbs:

Comment

Boxing is a joke

I LOVE boxing I have to preface this with, but oh my god did Johnson get RIPPED OFF tonight. I actually bet Dawson straight and parlayed him with Cotto and Margarito but I honest to god feel bad for Glen Johnson. What he said after the fight (other than the HBO flub which was HILARIOUS) was spot on. How the **** could all 3 judges have that fight 116-112? I personally had it 6 rounds to 6 rounds, but could definitely see it being Dawson 7 to 5. There no ******* way on Earth though that any sane man could think Dawson won 8 rounds and Johnson only 4. Not to mention, never once did Dawson hurt Johnson, but Johnson seriously hurt Dawson not once, but twice.

You simply can't bet underdogs in boxing because they need to win by TKO or KO to get respect.

It's a joke :puke:

And remember I won so I'm not bitching about a losing bet.

Comment

Woods better win 10 rounds or there's no way he gets a decision over Tarver, ha.... :bang:

Comment

I had it 115-113 Dawson, but it could have gone either way.
                Margarito KO's Cintron in 6.
                Par hits.

Now for the rest...

Comment

Gomez got his ass kicked.

There is nothing special about Woods. People were talking about "he's a different fighter" etc. It's the same guy who fought RJJ, doing the same stuff, moving forward with no power. I didn't even watch all of it, but he looks like a club fighter at best.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                    I had it 115-113 Dawson, but it could have gone either way.
                    Exactly, you had it 7 to 5 Dawson (which I could see even though I personally had it 6 to 6 with Johnson winning 3 of the last 4). Either way, there's absolutely NO WAY all three of those crooks could have had it 8 rounds to 4 for Dawson in unison. It's a joke and just proved to me that boxing is horrendously skewed towards promoters and money (which we all know). Johnson easily won 2 of the first 4 and at worst 2 of the last four right of that bat.

Comment

Boxing is fixed, it always has been. Sometimes it works out for you, sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X