Hop vs Cal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop vs Cal

I probably won't even get to see this fight, I will be out of town.
    But I like Hopkins in this one. In his backyard (essentially), undefeated against southpaws. The lines are fair, Hop a little more than a 2 to 1 dog, but I'm going to roll with it.

The UDWF system has been 1-2 in its last 3 (after being about 10-0) but let's see if the shift continues on this one. Fading my own system.

Hopkins for a unit. Would put more if I actually got to see it. Nothing placed yet.

Good Luck V3! Have no clue how to cap this one... Joe has taken my money time, after time, after time no doubt. I just wonder if Bhop can pull off another one. Im rooting for Bernard, just dont have the balls at the moment to bet. How do you go against Hopkins? He is like Randy Couture, smart ass hell, and just finds a way to get the job done with EXCELLENT game plans. I just hope the fight lives up to its potential. It should be Great.

Just got done watching the hype show, and saw the weigh ins. Both guys look ready to go, I CANT WAIT. Gonna have to find a way to watch this and UFC 83! Not a bad problem to have huh? Going to be a great night for fight fans no doubt. I really really hope Bhop can pull it out. I have no doubt that he will have a good game plan, and will look to Execute Joe. I just worry that Bhop wont be busy enough as he looks to counter punch, similar to how he fought Jermaine. If he doesnt stay busy, Joe will steal rounds with his constant flurrys! I hate that guys style. Lots of times, he doesnt do any damage, but he looks like the energizer bunny, the way he is constantly punching. He is similar to margarito with that nonstop action. Even if he isnt hurting Bhop, he will look like he is controlling the action, and the judges eat that crap up. Can Bhop knock him out? I dont know, I doubt it. Thank god this fight is in the US, or Im sure Joe would get the decision. I know Bhop can box and move enough to get the W, Im just scared he is going to wait too long to get going. I DO NOT want to see Bernard get down5-2, or 6-1 before he gets busy. He needs to come out fast, pressure Joe, and keep up the pace. If he snoozes, he loses. Bernard is as smart a fighter as there is, I am banking on the fact that he learned his lesson from the Taylor fights. Bhops conditioning has never been a question so Im confident he has the gas to go, and go, and go. That is the only way he gets the job done IMO. Good luck with you bet V3! Ill be pulling for you no doubt. Id love to hear what the rest of the regulars think. Where you at guys?????

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!
    Last edited by No1mikefan; 04-18-2008, 11:43 PM. Reason: Just adding more.

Comment

BHop - That was pretty embarrassing. Retire if you need to do that kind of bull**** just to make it through 12 rounds.

No fighter has made me more money then he has and he is probably my fave fighter ever, but I was rooting for Calzaghe tonight after that display.

Greta career BHop, hang'em up kid! Thanks for the memories! :thumbs:

Bring on Pavlik vs Calzaghe and then let the winner beat the holy **** out of Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

I didn't watch the fight, was out of town. I was following a PBP on the internet on my phone and they had me convinced that Hopkins took this one. Completely biased PBP. Then my friend calls me to give me the result (before it was posted online) and I thought he was kidding.

Will catch the replay when/if its shown.

I ended up dropping a unit on Hopkins.

Should have stuck to my wanna-b system.

Comment

Working...
        X