No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Margarito

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im at the weigh ins right now on my phone. i was at the front of the line...literally the first...but they made 6 lines. cotto and margarito were signing and taking photos earlier. there are a couple thousand at the weigh ins. got a pic of emmanuel stewart...max kellerman is here...and so is jim lampley. the pro margarito crowds and pro cotto crowds are chanting back and forth.

romors are margarito is going to make weight...and cotto was 5 plus over on monday but im sure he will be fine. ton of press here.

if u r wondering why im typing its cuz the foors open at 1 and the weigh ins start at 230. so ya...im just sitting in the arena right now.

oh...and my girl is bieng dumb again and im really close to duping her ass tonight. she knows its commin...kcuf it. i broke up with the chick i was with the last 2 times in vegas (diff girls)...might as well keep the tradition alive.

anyways...happy b day to ur son. i just turned 26.

Comment

Taking a shot with 1 UNIT on Margarito +200. I think Margarito learned from his slow start against Williams and has changed his tendencies in the ring since then to be far more aggressive and press the issue in the early rounds. Cotto looks like a machine, but I just think Margarito can get him to brawl a little bit more than he wants to (not that Cotto doesn't like to mix it up), and I can see Antonio hurting him. Margarito's last couple fights have been impressive, including him absolutely dismantling Kermit Cintron last time out.

Wish the fight wasn't PPV, but what can you do.... Working tonight anyway.

Comment

GL Cuse!
        :beer2:

Its been a long time since i've been around these parts but i knew there had to be a Cotto/Margarito thread :thumbs:
        hey V3,
        I hooe you have/had a great time at the fight! fukin nice. bro
        .... as for the chick, theyre plenty of fish ...ahh, ya know what they say
        ( as long as they dont smell like fish )

as for the fight i like Miguel. Cotto is a beast but if Margarito fights tall (especially in the late rounds) the mexican could very well outpont him.
        that said i put a 50 spot on a Margarito decision at 11-2 to win 275.
        GL whichever way you all go!
        Heres to a damn good fight! :cheers:
        ...toke on...

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          Taking a shot with 1 UNIT on Margarito +200. I think Margarito learned from his slow start against Williams and has changed his tendencies in the ring since then to be far more aggressive and press the issue in the early rounds. Cotto looks like a machine, but I just think Margarito can get him to brawl a little bit more than he wants to (not that Cotto doesn't like to mix it up), and I can see Antonio hurting him. Margarito's last couple fights have been impressive, including him absolutely dismantling Kermit Cintron last time out.

Very nice Cuse and Rahstah, congrats!:thumbs: I havent watched the fight yet, just saw the story on my home page. Sounded like a great fight. Be very interesting to see what V3 has to say about being there live. I bet it was nuts, both guy have fans that really get into it. Well, off to hunt for the video.....

Comment

I gave props to Cotto from the start for taking this fight. He didn't have to. But with as much as they built it up, everyone would know he ducked him.

I've been to a ton of fights in my life, but that was the BEST fight I have ever been to. Had a really good trip. Relaxed, went to the weigh ins, gym, pool, watched Phatom (really wasnt that bad) and the fight was seriosuly good. Cotto backed up the entire time. In person, Margarito was beating his ass and we all knew it. Even my girl (now ex...haha) was like "Margarito is winning" everytime I asked her and she doesnt know **** all about boxing. When I talked to my friend after round 8 and he said Lederman had it tied I knew it was bull****. Even the Cotto fans next to me knew it. They admitted themselves, hey...Cotto is losing but if Margarito doesnt get a knock out it is going to be a draw or Cotto is going to get the judges nod. Margaritos camp probably knew that as well.

All in all, bad ass fight, a break for me...well deserved.

Oh ya, I broke up with that chick here too, I knew I would though. Damn, last 3 times Ive been to Vegas in a relationship I have broken up with the girl I'm with. So the next girlfriend I come out here with, if Im still with her, shes probably a keeper :) This bitch is dumb, seriosuly. She does have that betty booper goth style I like, but other than that shes useless. Time to tap into backup reserves! Have a couple on deck, but I kinda wanna get at this 40 year old chick. I know shes old for me, but damn, shes short, has tits, and well...thats about it. I just want a sample, Costco style!

Sorry to blab about personal life in the boxing thread.

I have to catch the replay next week (I hope they replay it).

After the fight the pro Margarito fans started yelling "bring on Mayweather", haha...he dont want none! It was amazing how fast the Puerto Rico fans stopped chanting all the Poriqua BS. The would yell everytime Cotto threw, it was a dominant Puerto Rico crowd. When Margarito landed the pro Margarito fans would yell, but it was nothing compared to them. When the replays kept emphasizing on Cottos punches, I knew we were in for a rough fight. Damn, I had a great time! Other than me dumping that chick a couple days early than I had planned, it was a blast. I just had to deal with her sappy and pissed off personality, but I dont care...cuz Margarito pulled the upset!!!!

Won a hundred bux on Roullette and placed some hockey future plays, other than that I didnt gamble.

Nice one Cuse. I didnt have the balls to bet on Margarito. I smelled robbery the whole way. I didnt want to bet against my fighter, especially since I was there. I figured hey...just root for Margarito and have a good time. Placing action would have just killed it for me.

Oh ya, and before the crowd kept yelling "Cotto is your daddy" in spanish. Then he got his ass kicked, and the Mexicans started chanting "Margarito tu papa". It was pretty funny...

I dont care what Compubox or Lederman says. Cotto got his ass beat, backed up the whole fight, and had to hold several times. F HBO scoring, their biased commentary (cant wait to hear it on this fight) and compu boxes blocked punches stat. Margarito handed a beat down on a silver platter.

Comment

Yea V3, you already know how the commentary went. Max was talking about how Margarito was wining but manny kept saying that Cotto was landing the harder, cleaner punches. Lederman was saying similar, basically saying that Margarito looked busier but Cotto was doing the damage and winning the fight. If I remember correctly two judges had Margarito up by a round and the other had it even at the stoppage. Good thing it didnt matter because I agree that Cotto could have got a Vegas nod. I dont know about you, but I would love to see them do it again.:beerbang:

While watching, I was rooting for cotto but kept telling my brother there's now way he is gonna win this fight. Margarito is chasing him down and throwing a million punches. Wether they are landing or not, he gave the impression as you said that he was kicking Cottos ass easily. The final punch stat numbers were insane. If you only saw them and not the fight, you would have thought Cotto was fighting a 3rd grader, seriously. They were as lopsided as Ive ever seen. margarito threw almost double in every category but connect percentage was damn near tripple for Cotto. Just goes to show you that the numbers can be very deceiving? Like I always say, fighters need to handle business and not let it go to the cards if at all possible. We have seen far too many BS decisions, cough...DON KING.....cough! LOL!! As for the crowd, did you see any extra caricular activities in the parking lot afterwards? Mexican and Puerto Rican fans can be die hard and definately harsh toward each other. I know that place was filled to the roof with emotion. You could hear it on the tv, but it had to be incredible in person no doubt!
              Last edited by No1mikefan; 07-29-2008, 09:37 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

After watching it twice on TV the commentary was pretty biased as usual but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Max had Cotto up by a couple points going into round 10, Lederman was actually bieng good about it. They after the fight they said the judges had Margarito up by a couple, thats bull. They would have robbed him, a split with a 115-113 going to Cotto as Buffer says "And still".

Ya, the crowd was pretty hectic. No fights though. Just a bunch of screaming, whistles, and people dancing...haha.

Good fights tonight.
                I dont see Judah having any type of a chance in this one. Clottey by late KO.
                Clottey vs Cotto would be a great fight. They both have very similar styles.

Comment

I just watched this one on the replay

Good Fight

Cotto was landing that was for sure,but he could not hurt Margarito what so ever.

He did a good job of moving and using his skills but Margarito has a stone chin

Margarito vs De La Hoya

that is gonna happen i think

I started to watch Clottey was pretty boring so i turned it off , but the Cotto / Margarito fight was very entertaining ....
                  Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

nice
                    hit

i just watched this fight today, Margarito can take a punch... I think Cotto is a little on the OVERRATED side after watching this one

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                      Good Fight

Cotto was landing that was for sure,but he could not hurt Margarito what so ever.

He did a good job of moving and using his skills but Margarito has a stone chin

Margarito vs De La Hoya

that is gonna happen i think

I started to watch Clottey was pretty boring so i turned it off , but the Cotto / Margarito fight was very entertaining ....
                      went back and watched judah/clottey.. got a little better..

How bout Clottey vs Paul Williams
                      De la Hoya vs margarito

Clottey that was the first time i've watched him .. He's not bad ... Defensive minded fighter keeps his hands up real nice and said " he has never been hurt " in his career .

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Ha, I was about to say....

Clottey is bad ass. his game plan is always on point. They guy is ready to go the full 12 everytime. It's as if he knows how much energy he has and expenses it pefectly in each round. Very economical with his punches. Has a Micky Ward type defense (fights with his hands up like 2 pillars) and is accurate like Kostya. I think he would give Cotto a run for his money.

Comment

Working...
                        X