UFC 87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say Hi to my friends in the forum and let them know that Im taking off for minneapolis. My first time to a live UFC event and Im excited as can be. The only other big event I've been to was Tyson vs. Williams in KY. Well, you can imagine that ride home....:bang: As for wagers, Im laying off because I just want to have a good time and Im spending enough damn money already :laughing: If I was going to bet, I think I would take the dogs and hope a couple win. I will definately not be shocked if Herring, Huerta, or Fitch win and I think they are the meaning of Live dogs! I like the Texas crazy horse because of experience alone. They guy has fought a who's who of MMA and I cannot see him being a victim of the hype. If he can survive Brock's initial freak out assault, I think he'll do just fine. Roger Huerta, although maybe overhyped and over marketed is one hell of a fighter. That and the fact that I cant stand Ken-Flow. The guy drives me nuts. He is tough and could do it but I am picking Heurta. And for the main event, coin flip if you ask me. Fitch is 22-2 I think? but 8-0 in the UFC. You cant accomplish that record by chance, the guy is a competitor. He is so well rounded and I believe he will give GSP all he can handle! They are dogs for a reason but you know in MMA, with 4oz gloves, anything can and does happen.SOOOOOOO...... from a purely betting perspective, why not take a shot with these guys. I would love to hear what you guys think. YUKON, where the hell are you buddy???

Ill take a ton of pics and let you guys know how the event goes!!!:beerbang:
    See ya,
    Mike

Just about to step out the door to hit it up. (5 min away)

Mind you, UFC fighters favored -200 or more have won 94% of the time. Lesnar, and GSP are both that. I actually have all my money on GSP, Ken Flo, and Brock.

Have fun at the TC!
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

First fight was alright. I hate how they keep emphasizing MMA as a "chess match". Most over used term in MMA this year.

Fitch could pull the upset, but I doubt it. GSP faces his mandatory again, like a true champ should. Fitch is bad ass, but Thiago Alves is who really poses a threat to GSP.

Comment

Everything pretty much went the way i thought, except for roger, really thought he could beat ken flo..... Fitch took a beating looked like he went through a meat grinder, amazed how he lasted 5 rounds ... was nice seeing brock beat the crap out of herring:beerbang: hope you had a good time Mike:thumbs:

Comment

Well, good thing I didnt bet....WTF?? I sure hope nobody tried my roll of the dog dice, LOL! As for the event, talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. Standing outside the Target Center waiting for the doors to open, my first thought was, this is not going to be good. V3 was right, what a strange crowd. I felt like I was at a wannabe fighter/hooker convention. Although the later was pretty sweet. Must have been a million women that were dressed like they were going to the AVN awards....haha! After getting to my seats, I was able to relax, no idiots anywhere in my section. The Canadian fans were insane, they were there in FORCE! I couldnt tell you how many canadian flags I saw, and they went nuts when their boy came out. Nice to see them make the trip to back their champ. The fights were amazing in person although I keept finding myself watching the damn big screen. :bang: I could do that crap at home huh? The main event was incredible and I have the utmost respect for Fitch. I thought he was done many times but he keept on trucking. The guy has the heart of a champion and Im sure someday he will have that belt. I have the feeling that this loss will motivate the hell out of him and I know I wouldnt want to be the next guy he fights. The one huge complaint I have about Fitch is the guy had absolutely no head movement. GSP was lighting that thing up like a christmas tree. Easily correctable, so I look for Fitch to definately work on that. As for the Brock show........I dont know what to tell you. I had a ton of interest in this fight but no opionions either way about the guy. I thought he broke HH face with that first shot, but what else did he do, really? Take him down and................you get the idea. He showed how green he is. I dont think he understands the concept of advancing your position. Even though the crowd was holding his nuts, when he did the whole point and laugh and the lasso thing, WTF? Even the local people around me were embarrassed. Damn it, this is not the WWE. IMO he turned what would have been seen as a nice accomplishment into a spectacal and looked like a damn idiot. I dont really care if I ever see him fight again. He is one of the feakishly (sp) strongest human beings I have ever seen. But that donkey Kong power is not going to ever win him the title. I still feel he gets embarrassed by anyone like Big Nog. Shock of the night for me was kenflo. He made Roger look silly and I never saw that coming. I expected a war but he was smart in his gameplan. He would stick and combo and circle never letting Roger get going. Hats off to him, it was a good W, and he made me look like an ass. OVERALL, one hell of an experience and I would definately go again. Hoping to repeat the night when UFC hits Chicago in October. Would LOVE, LOVE, love to see Anderson Silva in person.

Comment

My assessment of the fight is that Brock Lesnar is one of the quickiest big men I have EVER seen in any sport. If he gets technique behind him, he's going to be unbeatable. What a total domination. Kind of a classless dude though doing his lasso act on Herring.

Im a St. Pierre guy, but Fitch impressed me with how he hung in there. I look forward to seeing more of his fights in the future.

I underestimated Florian. I thought for sure Huerta was going to take him. I think the books did too based on the odds they put out on him.

I am REALLY looking forward to a St. Pierre/Penn fight.

St. Pierre has so much class that I just gotta love the guy. Penn is one bad ass MF though and will probably get the best of him.

Comment

Working...
            X