UFC 88: Liddell or Evans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 88: Liddell or Evans?

I havent seen Evans fight so can't really make a pick.

Anybody got any insight?

Im frothing at the mouth for the upcoming Couter vs. Lesnar brawl! (can't recall the date)

It's a no bet for me as Liddell should win, but has no value at -250!

My bet for that night is Matt Hamill. The guy is a monster, should be undefeated, and I think he beats Franklin outright cashing +200. Franklin is moving up a weight class, and is facing a dominant wrestler who just might man-handle him for the win. Hamill's striking has improved greatly too.

Looks like Lesnar/Couture is a pick'em!
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-04-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I like Evans tonight by decision. +225

Comment

Liddell at -250 is insane.

I would say Evans by snooze fest 2008.

I'll be watching boxing on HBO, may jump back and forth.

Comment

I'm a VERY casual UFC watcher...I never get the PPVs or anything..but check results and do watch from time to time on regular cable. I have absolutely no opinion on the Liddell fight but I'm really interested in the Franklin v. Hamill fight. Both guys are from the Cincinnati area. Franklin seems to be a really good guy. He promotes UFC on one of the more popular AM sports radio shows here. He used to be a teacher in the area.

However, I really want to put a little wager on Hamill tonight at a little over 2/1. I really think he did get screwed in his loss to Bisbing. He is an absolute monster and I think it may be a tough move up for Franklin tonight to the 205 weight class. Seems like this matchup bowls down to the typical stand up v. mat fighter.

I'm with JML on this one...I think...unless someone here with a lot of UFC knowledge informs me that I'm way off.

I've been watching the preview shows on cable tonight and they keep talking about how Hamill is really big and strong for a 205 pounder. Seems to me this could be a pretty difficult jump up for Franklin...but then again, a lot of these fights come down to matchups...and perhaps Franklin's experience and stand up could just outmatch Hamill.

Thoughts anyone?
          "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Well, guess I was wrong. Franklin looked good tonight...but Hammil didn't try very hard to turn the fight into a ground and pound. Gotta either question Hammil's coaches or his head on that fight. He basically tried to fight Franklin standing up....no chance. The wrestler tries to fight the stand up striker on his feet...strange.

I'd guess there's a pretty good chance Hammil will be pissing blood tonight and tomorrow.

Comment

DAMN!!! Evans knocked Liddell into next week. Liddell should have hung it up after the loss to Rampage. I'm not sure how good Evans really is...but damn...Evans damn near broke Liddell's neck with that punch...DAMN!!

Comment

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I hadnt seen it with my own two eyes, you could never ever have convinced me Rashad would beat chuck by one of the most brutal one punch knockouts Ive ever seen. Damn MMA is a brutal sport, when it goes it goes in a hurry. Chuck needs to hang it up before he gets hurt. No way in hell rashad should have put him down like that where he stayed on the mat for what seemed like 5 minutes. Hats off to Rashad, he never seemed intimidated in the least. I was sure it was an act but he proved me wrong. He saw it for what it was, the biggest shot of his life and capitalized on it big time. I still cant grasp what I saw. That shot was so loud even the people outside the arena heard it. WOW!!!! Now what does Dana do seeing as how his man crush went down??? I bet Tito is still laughing..........

Comment

Well I haven't missed a PPV in about 5 years. And I'm friend with Jason MacDonald who also won that night.

I'll be on here with some insight if you guys want.

Fight night is next on Sept 14th.

I went 8 of 10 in the winners of the last UFC

Comment

Working...
                  X