Jermain Taylor vs Jeff Lacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor vs Jeff Lacy

Why can't I find the weigh ins anywhere? For some odd reason it just isn't anywhere, so I am assuming that they are going to weigh in the day of the fight. Strange....
    Maybe it was in the contract since Taylor is officially moving up (instead of his last fight bieng a catch in the middle, 165).

Is Lacy a good bet at +400, sure, but its a true gamble. One that I am not willing to take. Rumors are that Taylor got the best of Lacy when they sparred in the Olympics. Regardless of that rumor, Lacy just doesn't have it. I believe he never did have it. They built him up to be feared. He got handled by Calzaghe, and has a couple weak ass wins afterwards (scraping by all of them) and 1 bieng controversial in my eyes (Tsypko, which I thought won the fight).

Jermain Taylor lost to Pavlik twice. Other than that, he's still a bad ass. He pretty much had it in the bag in the first fight (finishes that round 2 about 9 out of 10 times).

I'm going to have to pass on -600/+400

As of right now (nothing placed yet) I am going with the U10.5 +130
    It's a gamble. The safe play is obviously the O10.5 (-160)

Reasoning
    1) Lacy has an untested chin. Calzaghe knocked him down, and Calzaghe isnt a chin checker. So if Calzaghe knocked him down (not a slip, not a flash, he was knocked down) then Taylor should have a very good chance of blasting his face.

2) Lacy still has a "left hook", he probably has a 15% chance of landing it flush and getting a KO, but hey, its there at least.

3) In my eyes, this over under should be much different. I think the over should be at least -220. It's closer though, which makes people want to jump on the over.

I am still waiting for the weigh ins. I am going to roll the dice on this one and play the Under. Most likely just for 1 unit for kicks. Confirmation after the weigh in.

Found it.

Jermain Taylor 167.5 vs. Jeff Lacy 167.5

Damn, no photo gallery, nothing. Just a quick one liner.
    I know its UFC 90,742 but comon, at least give it some coverage!

Cintron vs NDou U9.5 +170, wow.

I'll take that for a unit too.

Comon, both these fights aren't going the distance. Someone, if not both fights, are going to end early. Too much power and not enough chin.

Takes both unders for a unit a piece.

Comment

Cintron vs NDou Under 9.5 1 For 1.8
      Taylor vs Lacy Under 10.5 1 For 1.2

Comment

I didn't even get to watch the fights. Read the results really quick, I lost both. Damn, don't you hate when you take 2 dogs with the mindset of "well, as long as 1 hits I'll be on top" and NEITHER do. Ha.

My FTA boxes went out. So I had to go somewhere else, and was forced to watch the UFC fight instead. Hooked up with some spicy latina chick though :) The only plus of the night.

Comment

Working...
        X