No announcement yet.

ufc 69

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another few hours,,wonder if pride is going to be on tonight late as well??? will post the matchups in another thread.............need sanchez,gsp,and swick alll to win:beerbang:

Comment

another stellar outing for me as i went 1 out of 4.........gsp getting beat takes the cake:blackeye:

Comment

wonder what the payout would have been on a 3 fight parlay,,,,,,,, serra,okami and koshchek................doggie night for sure............i get this touts free picks his plays were gsp,sanchez,swick,huerta once i saw his picks i knew i was in trouble.........one of these days i will learn to wait for his picks and then fade every single one of them............:beerbang:

Comment

Ya, rough night for the both of us.

When you think you have fights down pat, they completely flip the script and make you start from scratch.

Comment

well im gonna watch the pride card,,not betting so ican enjoy them:) the sanchez fight or lack of totally sucked no action at all,,they should have disqualified both there sorry asses..........as far as gsp it was kinda weird,,he got hit high on the back of his head,,more of a grazing shot,,,but it hurt him bad and never could recover,,i guess thats why rabbitt punches are illegal,,didnt look intentional just a really weird thing...........as far as swick,,he fought most of the fight on his back,,i read his lips bewteen rounds,,could see him tell his trainer okami was strong..........swick was a trap,i looked at his last fight vs the crow as a positive,,,,,but the crow was washed up by then...........oh well pride 70 is not far off,,cro cop has his hands full with gonzaga,,,after tonight nothing would surprise me............

Comment

Unbelievable, I think GSP and Serra could fight 100 times and GSP would win 99! I still cant believe it. Big John McCarthy gave GSP every chance in the book to keep going but he just couldnt. I still cant believe it but it is good for the sport in a way. It just goes to prove that in mma anything can happen. Even if your the champ and a HEAVY favorite, one shot "Rabbitt punch" or not and the fight can be over for you? Im still waiting to wake up and see it was a dream. My hats off to Matt Serra, I sure as hell didnt think he would make it out of the 1st rd? I can see an imediate rematch? Should be interesting. Overall for a card that I didnt expect much from, it was better than I thought it would be. Thanks to Kendall Grove, I cover the cable bill and have some to play with. works for me! Lets get em in two weeks guys! UFC 70 should be a good card!

Comment

Just a side note guys. I just saw sportscenter showing the highlights from the main event of UFC 69. The announcer said an ESPN first, Pretty cool if you ask me. Love to see the sport getting this main stream attention! Love it or hate it, MMA is here to stay. Very exciting from a fans point of veiw!

Comment

I was too much of a pussy to bet on Okami, I should've though.... as he was my pick. I won on Koscheck and the fight went pretty much like I though it would.

GSP losing was unbelievable, what a class act with his post fight comments though. Still one of my favorite fighters, he'll make it back to the top for sure. Meanwhile, ****head hughes is cageside smiling like a douche. I don't know what hes smiling at or if he thinks he's got an automatic title shot.

I'll be posting my UFC picks from now on...

Comment

Hughes is a douche.

Welcome to the forum Yukon.
                    Good to have another fight fan here. We only have a couple...

Comment

**** is a better word for hughes:nuts: :punch: ............gsp will kick his ass again if they meet.............

Comment

would you believe i had the under in the gsp fight??? forgot about that:beerbang: still took a beating:blackeye:

Comment

WELCOME Yukon! We need more guys like yourself getting in on this MMA action. The more opinions the better if you ask me. Yea, All of us could of been rich if we had the balls to bet those dogs last night! I dont blame you though. Going against Swick in his hometown?? I was half expecting the judges to give him a B.S. decision? Im glad the judges saw it the way they did. He got handled the majority of the fight. You could see it in his eyes, He didnt know what to do. Okami was SO strong, I couldnt believe it when he had Swick in the body lock and just bent him down backwards....sick! I have to agree with you guys on Matt Hughes, He really looked like an ass, sitting there smiling? I say If they dont give GSP an immediate rematch, Him and huges should fight, He will get beat down again! GSP is going to hurt whoever he fights next!!

Comment

mike ,as far as the dogs last night,,,, nothing to do with balls....just think for a minute if you took serra,kos,okami and the two big dogs in pride to the tune of plus 350 and 500...........serra plus 800,kos plus 180 and okami was slight dog plus 105 to 110............. ok those 5 parlayed for 5 bucks,,i dont even want to guess what the payout would have been,,,for 5 lousey bucks...........really i would have bet my life on gsp last night,,,serra got lucky with a crazy wild punch to the back of the head,,,,,,,,,gsp screwed around and he got beat for being stupid,,throwing one kick and one punch at a time wont beat too many fighters.........i cant for the life of me know what he was thinking......from now on no matter what i will have a dog parlay or two for every card,,,,,,,thats means even though i think cro cop kills gonzaga im taking gonzaga in a few parlays.........now we have to prepare for 70.......i dont know about you but im getting sick of losing,,i have two choices either quit or start betting smart,,that means thinking anyone can be beat,and nothing no matter how good it looks is easy money..........and i can only hope matt hughes gets smashed his next time out:beerbang:

Comment

You can always say oh man what woulda happen if you parlay'd all the underdogs... The only underdogs I didn't expect to win, AT ALL, were Serra and Takimoto. I personally bet on Koscheck cause he was a horrible matchup for Diego (better striking since he is with AKA now), and his wrestling is far better than diego. Those reasons are the same as why I'd take Kos over Hughes. The only reason I didn't bet on Okami was cause of the hometown thing, I figured Okami would be stronger and control the fight on the ground, but in the back of my mind I was worried about quick swick and his hands.

Serra winning was absolutely ridiculous, apart from Sokodjou beating lil Nog at Pride 33, that has gotta be one of the largest underdogs winning I've seen in MMA. It sucks becuase GSP is such a class act and one of my favorite fighters.

I can't wait to pound the line on Rampage vs Chuck. I'm thinking Chuck opens at -150 and the public moves him past -200, in which case I'll be loving Quinton. Hell I don't care if its a pickem line, I'm on Rampage ftw :beerbang:

Comment

i would like to see kos the loud mouth fight hughes,,just for fun:) all i know is sanchez was not sanchez in that fight if you want to call it a fight......its not like kos knocked him out,or subbed him.............sanchez did nothing and kos did next to nothing...........it was a joke and neither one of them should be payed period...........pride sunday night had a few more upsets,,,how bout arona getting his head knocked off with an uppercut,,, and dont forget little crocop being subbed by an infeiror fighter at the tune of plus 500 and plus 350...............the fact is you cant pick the better fighter and expect to win all the time.............you wont go broke betting 5 dollar off the wall parlays and you might hit one once in awhile like i did for pride 33 second coming i had 3 favs and 3 dogs 5 bucks paid 347.............i had diaz which i felt would loose and i also had henderson.........the ref should have made kos and sanchez fight,,wtf they do it in boxing why not mma??? that was the worst mma bout i have ever seen,,,,,,,,, and i have watched every single event on ppv for the past 3 years...............look here u will see more action:punch:
                                Last edited by EddieP; 04-11-2007, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X