Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd

Who do YOU think is going to win the fight?
    Manny Pacquaio
    71.43%
    Ricky Hatton
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

Arum is already looking past this fight and is setting up Manny's next fight in late November. Him and Cotto have big fights comming up (Cotto to defend against Clottey, who vacated his belt just to take this fight), but their fights are already in talks. Mayweather actually made an offer to fight Pac in late Novemeber, but he wants 60% which they will probably say no to. Since Manny is the star at this point...

Manny will beat Hatton. Hatton isn't in his prime and Manny is. Hatton can and will bully Pac for the first couple, until he feels the shots and then he wont have a choice but to back off. Manny by late stoppage (Rd 10 or up)

Comment

Manny is going to beat him up real bad...

Comment

Wow, I can't believe what i'm reading.

I'm happy as hell for Paquiao, as i'v been a huge fan of his since he was fighting on undercards way back in the early 00's... but the train ends here.

Paq's fight vs. DLH... doesn't hold ANY significance to me. Of course it's not Paq's fault that DLH was nothing more than a body in there, but DLH was pathetic.

After getting beat by Mayweather, Hatton did was a lot of fighters do in that circumstance. He took a couple of cakes, and put up a less than stellar effort against them.

He's knows this will be the biggest win of his career... I expect nothing less of the best performance either.

Paq is going to feel a glove he's never felt before. Hatton is going to come to the ring at about 155lbs. Notoriously known for this stamina, and work rate, he's going to pumble Manny.

I'm probably the #1 spokesman for the speed > strength argument, but for lack of better terms... Manny is ****ed.

Should be a good fight, but not as close as some may think.
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Well, you can get Hatton at +215....so if you like him that much, it could be a good payday...!

Comment

manny

manny !!!!

no way would i take hatton

who has hatton beat ..

Kosta Tszyu ???

that's his best win ..

In my opinion his skill level is no where near pacmans

give me the handspeed and the skill over the bully style ...

pacman vs Floyd !
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Total setup for a PBF fight. I would off on Hatton until they officially announce PBF vs Marquez, which I doubt PBF will sign until Pac wins this fight. There is a lot more riding on Manny winnning than losing, from all sides of boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                There is a lot more riding on Manny winning than losing, from all sides of boxing...
                True, but Hatton doesn't care about that. Hatton is simply not nearly on the level as Pacqiuao IMHO. Manny does everything better than Ricky (except clutch and maul), and really who has Ricky beaten that really impresses you?

2 UNITS -------> Manny (-260)

:thumbs:

Comment

Manny -241

3 Units

Comment

Hatton +230

Unloading w/e I have from all my books combined. (Wanting to take a break and start fresh later this summer anyways.)

What can I say, im a degen.
                    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by xHeroOfTheDayx View Post
                      Hatton +230
                      GL :beerbang: I'm in +220 :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                        True, but Hatton doesn't care about that. Hatton is simply not nearly on the level as Pacqiuao IMHO. Manny does everything better than Ricky (except clutch and maul), and really who has Ricky beaten that really impresses you?

Castillo is his most impressive in my book. Kostya was good as well, whether he retired due to age or if Hatton beat him into retirement is a toss up. Collazo as of recent (on the cards anyways).

I dont think Manny's resume is that much more impressive, other than scraping by JMM.

By the way, I read that Marquez wont be comming back until Sept. and I would think that PBF would want some sort of a tune up before going right into Manny. This is all rumor though...

Manny has every advantage other than strength.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                          Castillo is his most impressive in my book. Kostya was good as well, whether he retired due to age or if Hatton beat him into retirement is a toss up. Collazo as of recent (on the cards anyways).

I dont think Manny's resume is that much more impressive, other than scraping by JMM.

By the way, I read that Marquez wont be comming back until Sept. and I would think that PBF would want some sort of a tune up before going right into Manny. This is all rumor though...

Manny has every advantage other than strength.
                          My question was rhetorical since he hasn't beaten anyone, lol :laughing:

Comment

The only win that I really applaud Manny for are the 2 scrape by's against JMM, in which I thought Marquez won both anyways.

For what its worth, Billy Graham (Hatton's old trainer) likes Hatton by KO.
                            Ricky Hatton’s former trainer Billy “The Peacher” Graham believes his former fighter will stop Manny Pacquiao inside eight rounds when they meet at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday. He told Setanta Sports in the UK today, “I can see Ricky stopping Manny inside eight rounds on Saturday- somewhere between rounds four and eight. Manny is a great fighter and take nothing away from him but by the time the fight comes Ricky will have an added ten pounds of power and that will be too much. Ricky is just too big, too strong and too powerful for Paquiao. I am surprised that Manny is the favorite for the fight. Everyone talks about Manny’s speed but Ricky is also fast and at the end of the day just too strong. It will be a great fight but I am convinced that Ricky will win - the De La Hoya victory did not show me anything that would suggest he could beat Ricky. He is fast, he is a southpaw which will create problems and he is an excellent fighter. I just feel Ricky is a better fighter and I am confident he will win and upset the bookmakers who currently have Manny as favourite.”

Rumor is (just take it as a rumor) that Hatton had problems with Floyd Sr. and they weren't getting along too well. He won't be using him again in the future. Someone out of Hatton's camp said that rumor was false.

I haven't placed anything on either fighter. I usually try to stay away from media fights like this.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

Good Luck .. i agree .. Hatton's record is not impressive at all

I watched LUIS COLAZZO beat him .. Hatton got a lucky,lucky decision
                              Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
                              X