Attention Poster Coreyshucky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Poster Coreyshucky

I used to love tennis but i quite frankly don't pay much attention anymore. Call me an American homer but the quality of american tennis on the men's side is quite frankly garbage compared to the days of being able to watch Sampras, Agassi, Courier, Chang, Todd Martin and even a guy like Mal Washington...

BUT

Love the US Open. Been there a couple of times back in the day and i have kind of been watching some of the USOpen summer circuit. Wanted to see if you had a darkhorse to win outside of Federer??

IMO Nadal is going to run out of gas as i don't think he's in the best of shape. Injurytimeoutovich really has played some crappy tennis this year and i still don't see him with the fortitude to win the Open. Roddick was great coming out of Wimbledon but then lost 2 weeks in a row to Del Porto and didn't look like he was returning well at all. Plus he was terrible in tie breakers and if you have a hard time breaking serve, you are going to be hard pressed to beat a guy like Del Porto in a tie breaker, let alone a match. That leaves Murray i guess and a handful of guys i don't know too much about.

Do you see any value in anyone other than Federer to put a "to win" wager on? Maybe im wrong about a couple of the big names, who knows. You seem to follow this stuff more closely than i do. Thoughts? Or do you think Federer is the winner. Haven't seen the odds but i can't believe there is much value in him at this point in the season having won 2 majors already and this tournament 5 times in a row (dang!)

And you need to get out to Vegas this year if it goes down. You're going to miss things like YO calling the craps dealer a "janxing ass hole"....:laughing:
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 08-29-2009, 12:27 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Here's the list of most likely title contenders on the Men's side:

1. Federer - Has been dominant coming into the open and clear fave right now
    2. Murray - Had some very strong tournaments coming into the Open and is definitely a contender to win.
    3. Djokovic - Had some strong matches coming into the Open but I think as of right now his game has peaked already. Needs to be more aggressive and I don't see the same Djokovic as we saw at the Australian Open. Tough draw for Djoko with Federer and Roddick.
    4. Del Potro - Has all the physical tools to win the Open but it will depend on his head. Del Potro also got a favorable draw
    5. Roddick - His game has been taken to another level. I just don't think in the end he's had enough preparation for the tourney. Draw is not easy either as he's in the top half with Federer and Djokovic.
    6. Nadal - I don't like his run up to the Open. I think he is still struggling with the knee issues and his serve was not that strong in the run up.
    7. Tsonga - Can beat any of the big guys on any given day but can also lose to any Top100 player on any given day.
    8. Querrey - I'm throwing him in the mix just b/c of his run this summer at the US Open Series of tournaments. He won't win the Open but he'll surely have a nice run.

In the end I think this is Federer's tourney to lose. If I was putting money down on the winner of the tournament I think I'd go Federer, Murray, Del Potro.

Not 100% sure about Vegas yet. It's a tough time of year for me since it's the holiday season and work is ramped up at that time. Still trying to work things out to make it.

Comment

Working...
    X