Beyond's Soccer 09/10 - Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond's Soccer 09/10 - Picks

Many european seasons are reaching their halfway marks this week and I feel I have just about got a good grasp on a lot of the leagues I look after. So we will give it a go for the next few weeks left of 09.

Germany Bundesliga 1

3 * Hertha Berlin v Leverkusen - Leverkusen to win @ 1.75

One of the few big games on today. This match is your classic top v bottom clash. Hertha Berlin has been shocking this season, they have gone 14 games this season without a win. Leverkusen on the other hand have gone through this far without a loss. However the negative spin on this is they haven't won away from home since September.

I caught glimpses of Berlin's last game against Schalke and thought they didnt play well at all, also there is a fair amount of injuries for Berlin with their goalkeeper Timo Ochs injured and defender Janker to sit out after getting sent off last week. Add this with the resonable sized injury list they have got I dont like their chances of getting a thing.

Leverkusen will take this all the way and get out of Berlin with the 3 points to go 6 clear at the top.

Germany League 3

2 * Wehen v Jena - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.94

These teams have played each other five times since 2000, and in all of those games the total has been on the over. Last 4 weeks for Wehen has seen the over continously be reached with ease. Both teams do have a tendency to conceed a fair amount of goals and can also score them I'm expecting a 2-1 or 3-1 win for Wehen here.

Dutch Jupiler League

1 * AGOVV v Helmond Sport - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.60

1 * AGOVV v Helmond Sport - AGOVV to win @ 2.08

The total looks fairly good here IMHO both teams have been in high scoring affairs this season 9/10 of Helmond sports away games have gone over the 2.5. AGOVV sit 7th on the table with Helmond just behind on 9th 1 point behind. AGOVV will come into this match dispointed after their loss to Eindhoven. AGOVV have proved to be a good home team to put your money losing 1 of their last 6 at home (which was to third placed Cambuur). Helmond sport have lost 3/4 away from home and conceed an average of 2.25 during that run. I believe their poor run continues today and there is a high scoring afair. Oh and a random stat since 2003 these two teams have meet 13 times the total has gone over 10 times, and these teams last played each other in September where it was a 4-4 draw. So expect goals
    Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

Almost got out of jail with that Leverkusen game but they gave up that late goal to draw 2-2. Wasn't happy about some of the other results very poor start. Time to play catch up. Staying local (for me)

Australian A-League

2 * Central Coast v Melbourne Victory - Melbourne Victory to win @ 2.74

Melbourne Victory are the best team in the A-League when it comes to playing away from home. Whereas Central Coast are no where near the best team at home, however they haven't lost at home this season. Melbourne Victory have gone 6W-1D-1L on the road. Compared to Central who has gone 2W-5D-0L at home. These two played each other a month or so ago in Melbourne where CC dominated Melbourne. This will be a game where the Vics will look for revenge, and one must say I have been dissapointed with the CC form as of late with failure to beat Perth at home. This is going to be a real test for the CC against quality opposition. This game will finish under the 2.5 but I will stay safe here and just stick to Melbourne for the time being.

Comment

This Melbourne game has worked out great they are up 3-0 with about 20 odd minutes left. So lets look at the last A-League game before we turn our attention to Europe for the early games.

Australian A-League

1 * Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United - Brisbane to win @ 2.14

Adelaide have collapsed this season, and their away record shows it losing 3 of their last 4 games away. Brisbane has rebounded under their new coach, last weeks journey across Australia to Perth showed that this team has turned the corner IMO. Last time these two played was in Adelaide where Brisbane upstaged them to record a 2-0 win. The win over the Phoenix was excellent a few weeks back for the Roar, and I firmly believe they can run out winners here against a week Adelaide team who has lost their heart and is looking forward to next season already.

Comment

Bit unlucky in that last game..

English Premier League

3 * Stoke City v Wigan Athletic - Stoke City to win @ 2.24

Stoke have been playing well at home just like last season, they will continue to play well at home. Wigan are hard to read though they play good one week and bad the next. Last time these two played here Stoke won 2-0. I say History repeats Stoke win and total goals will be on the under, but when your playing Wigan you never know. Good news for Stoke is Whitehead is back and should help their midfield, the only concerns for Stoke would be Striker James Beattie and his current relationship with management. However playing at home and Kirkland (Wigan's goalkeeper) coming in under a major injury cloud I think Stoke get the 3 points.

Comment

Shocking last few days in the soccer... Can't catch many breaks will update this record shortly..

Australian A-League

1 * Newcastle Jets v Gold Coast United - Gold Coast United to win @ 3.00

Gold Coast are one of the most unpredictable teams in the A-League one minute they are fantastic and exciting to watch (last weeks win) and sometimes they are pathetic (Melbourne Victory loss the week before). Both teams find themselves with geniuine shots of making the finals, and one must admit that this has to be a motivator for the Jets and the GC. Newcastle is coming off a 2 game winning streak, but have been nothing special as of late at home. I believe this game is crucial for Gold Coast they showed a lot of character in their come from behind win, and they will look to build on that with a solid win here one would hope.

Comment

YTD: 1-6 -7.52 Units :-(

Comment

Gees Gold Coast dominate the game pretty much and give away a lucky goal and down the drain goes the game.

Spainish Segunda Division

5 * Cartagena v Salamanca - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.69

I have this matched predicted to be a 0-0 draw or a 1-0 away win to Salamanca. However with my recent luck I'm going to try and get some $$ back with this, these teams don't score all that much both teams play defensive and possesion based football, if there is to be a goal it will come off a counter.

If this one looks good I will consider playing in the English games on tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X