UFC 115: Liddell vs. Franklin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 115: Liddell vs. Franklin

Glad Tito bowed out due to surgery. Franklin will be a better fight, but I think this is a bad matchup for him. Liddell is amped up to show that he's not over the hill, and he's in the best shape of his career. Like Liddell to take it to the ground and show he's a complete fighter, remember - he does have a great wrestling background...

Anyway, just a few plays today...

Pat Barry over Mirko CroCop,
    Rory McDonald over Carlos Condit
    +160 for 2 units

Barry hits like a ton of bricks, Mirko has been crap last several fights and McDonald will be the second-coming of GSP.

Chuck Liddell -110 to win 2 units

Might even get a better price with Chuck later on tomorrow.

Good luck guys!!
    Last edited by akatdrake; 06-12-2010, 01:29 AM.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Damn, you really think Barry is going to take down Cro Cop? If he does, that's definitely it for him. I have heard that Cro Crop is FINALLY able to throw is leg kicks without any pain or fear again, now that his legs are finally 100%. Nonetheless, it's the fight i'm most looking forward too.

Think I will just lay off. My only play will be on Griffin.

GL man.
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Thanks bud. Good luck on your play! I have to agree with you, I hope it's the fight of the night. Both of these guys have some power, but I haven't been impressed with Mirko. Older, coming off injury (albeit to full-strength) against a guy who has nothing to lose. Barry said CroCop was his idol, and seems almost star-struck to be pit against him. I'd also venture a guess that this might be Mirko's last shot in the UFC because of the incredible hype and less-than-spectacular results in his previous results. Nonetheless, it's Barry's fight to lose. Too much juice to put either he or Barry in a regular bet, so the parlay is the way to go for me.

I'll look at Griffin! :thumbs:
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---

Comment

Tailing Hero with:

Tyson Griffin -220 to win 2 units
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---

Comment

Let's get it!

I'm on Griffin pretty hard. He's never been finished, and really wants to make a statement in this fight. Hopefully we don't see another FOTN from him, and he does some quick work!
          2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Terrible.

Tyson should of won 29-28, as one judge had. That's the horse **** thing about MMA with their scoring system. Dunham ate all the shots round 3, and held onto Tyson. Just terrible.
            2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

I hear you. Great card, just had a terrible 0-fer. What can you do, right?

Liddell got pretty unlucky with Franklin breaking his left arm and getting clocked with five seconds left in the first round. That was rough. WAYYYYY off in the CroCop fight, though when Barry hugged him in the first round, I almost puked and called that Barry would lose. Stupid MFer. Also, Rory had the entire fight and got called with 9 seconds left in the final round. If he holds on, or doesn't get called, he wins two rounds to one.

Hero, that's the ****ty thing about the scoring system, but what can you do? Last UFC, it helped when I had a parlay with Lil Nog and his terrible decision win... ughhh!!!!

You better have some good picks for the World Cup tomorow, I'll be tailling, brother!!!

Lil bit about UFC 116: I absolutely LOVE Lesnar, but his first fight back in over a year, versus Carwin? If I was Dana, I give him a warmup fight... Carwin has the knockout power to clock Brock, but when you have a huge-draw, villian that is Lesnar, why do you up him in a fight that he could possibly lose right after???? I don't get it... Hope the next one is a great card!!!!
              Updated on 01/13/18
              ---

Comment

Lesnar is sick. Unbelievable quickness for a monster that big.

Comment

Originally posted by akatdrake View Post
                  I hear you. Great card, just had a terrible 0-fer. What can you do, right?

Liddell got pretty unlucky with Franklin breaking his left arm and getting clocked with five seconds left in the first round. That was rough. WAYYYYY off in the CroCop fight, though when Barry hugged him in the first round, I almost puked and called that Barry would lose. Stupid MFer. Also, Rory had the entire fight and got called with 9 seconds left in the final round. If he holds on, or doesn't get called, he wins two rounds to one.

Hero, that's the ****ty thing about the scoring system, but what can you do? Last UFC, it helped when I had a parlay with Lil Nog and his terrible decision win... ughhh!!!!

You better have some good picks for the World Cup tomorow, I'll be tailling, brother!!!

Lil bit about UFC 116: I absolutely LOVE Lesnar, but his first fight back in over a year, versus Carwin? If I was Dana, I give him a warmup fight... Carwin has the knockout power to clock Brock, but when you have a huge-draw, villian that is Lesnar, why do you up him in a fight that he could possibly lose right after???? I don't get it... Hope the next one is a great card!!!!

I lost a LOT of money last night. I have made money EVERY UFC, but this one.

My picks:

Griffin
                  McDonald
                  Silva
                  Rothwell
                  CroCop
                  Liddell

Mind you I never play more than 1-2 max. All of my plays were for $500, EXCEPT CroCop because there was a damn limit of $200. Ugh, what a terrible night.

The July 3rd card is going to be amazing. I have to pound Lesnar just for the principle of it.

Mir got VERY lucky against him, but subbed him nonetheless. Other than a sub, it is impossible for me to imagine Lesnar losing. I think this will come down to wrestling. Brock has big mofo's in his camp that can replicate Carwin's wrestling to a tee. Carwin on the other hand, has no idea how he will be able to handle Brock. -170 seems too good to be true.
                  2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss Hero. I can't say that I've made money every UFC fight, and even though I don't post (not many around here are into it), I usually do pretty well. Though, I don't have a kept record.

The Ultimate Fighter Finale... Matt Hamill vs Keith Jardine is the next one up on Saturday night. I'm running up in Grandma's Marathon and heading to the beer tents, and today's a hugely busy week with Duluth getting ready for it, but I don't think I'm going to make a play. Hamill has the power, but Jardine is one of those fighters I rarely make a play on because he's soooo inconsistent. My lean is to Hamill.

UFC 116: Lesnar vs Carwin... this is going to be a helluva fight, and I love Brock because of the incredible athlete he is, but I'm scared, plain SCARED for him. Carwin has great wrestling, yes, but he has some scary knock-out power. Brock hasn't seen anyone with knock out power, and has only been dazed once by someone - flying knee by Mir in their rematch. Like I said briefly from above... I think Dana did a SERIOUS unjustice to Lesnar by matching him up with Carwin right away. Though, I'm sure he thought he was pigeonholed into it because the fans want to see him up against the best, and besides Fedor, Carwin is the best. It's unfortunate because Lesnar hasn't fought in over a year, coming off of serious injury - hospitalization. Though I bet his camp has the best trainers in it, there's a different feeling when you're in there under the lights. If I'm Dana, I make a warm-up fight for him... someone like Couture 2 or Mir 3 (though that's still a lot of pressure). You DON'T want to lose your nest egg here. When Lesnar tapped, you could tell he was in that fight because of his brute strength and wasn't sure of the technical aspect. Now he's fit, but a year layoff, and not a solid year of training... when has that been advantageous versus such a dangerous opponent?? It's like me training on the treadmill - I can do 10 miles easy, but it's a different race on the North Shore. Be that as it may, I'll make a small bet on Lesnar, but I'll be holding my breath.

Other leans, though haven't put much thought into it:

Wanderlei Silva - though I haven't scouted Akiyama yet
                    Chris Lytle - another veteran fighter that I don't know too much about his opponent
                    Krzysztof Soszynski - another fight I might lay off because Bonnar is such a wildcard
                    Kurt Pelegrino
                    Goran Reljic
                    John Madsen

What are you looking at?
                    Updated on 01/13/18
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X