Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito Preview and Pick (11/13 Fight)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito Preview and Pick (11/13 Fight)

Check out Scotty L's analysis on the November 13th Light Middleweight Championship bout between Pacquiao/Margarito right here: <a href="http://www.predictem.com/boxing/manny-pacquiao-antonio-margarito-pick.php" title="Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito Betting Odds and Pick">Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito Betting Odds and Pick to Win</a>.
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

I like the over as well.
    I'm pro Margarito on this one though.
    Playing 2 to pay 7 (+350)

Going to throw 1 on the over before the fight starts.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
      I like the over as well.
      I'm pro Margarito on this one though.
      Playing 2 to pay 7 (+350)

Going to throw 1 on the over before the fight starts.
      Hell yeah, brother.

Margarita to the bank!
      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Ya, I've been pretty good about Manny's fights. I won a lot when he was coming up beating everyone up through the rankings. In total I've lost 3 plays against him (DLH, Marquez 2, and Cotto).

DLH was a dumb play by me.
        Marquez, I had him up by a point. I'm not claiming robbery, it could have gone either way.
        Cotto, I really thought he was going to take Manny out. Gut was wrong on that one.

Everyone saying Margarito is going to win keeps talking about pressure, pressure, pressure. Margarito can throw 100 per round and back Manny up all day, but I don't think it will amount to much if Manny can handle the punches. Margarito needs to use his strength and hurt Manny. If he can't hurt Manny then all the pressure, 7 punch combos, and backing him up isn't going to do anything. Manny will crack Margarito at will.

Yes, I believe Margarito can hurt Pac and that is what is going to prevent Manny from being as brave and unorthodox as he usually is. Throw that on top of the pressure, insane combos, killer uppercuts, and being able to stalk. Margarito wins this by an ass kicking...

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
          Ya, I've been pretty good about Manny's fights. I won a lot when he was coming up beating everyone up through the rankings. In total I've lost 3 plays against him (DLH, Marquez 2, and Cotto).

DLH was a dumb play by me.
          Marquez, I had him up by a point. I'm not claiming robbery, it could have gone either way.
          Cotto, I really thought he was going to take Manny out. Gut was wrong on that one.

Everyone saying Margarito is going to win keeps talking about pressure, pressure, pressure. Margarito can throw 100 per round and back Manny up all day, but I don't think it will amount to much if Manny can handle the punches. Margarito needs to use his strength and hurt Manny. If he can't hurt Manny then all the pressure, 7 punch combos, and backing him up isn't going to do anything. Manny will crack Margarito at will.

Yes, I believe Margarito can hurt Pac and that is what is going to prevent Manny from being as brave and unorthodox as he usually is. Throw that on top of the pressure, insane combos, killer uppercuts, and being able to stalk. Margarito wins this by an ass kicking...

Agreed.

This is just a fantastic spot imo. Value through the roof, and not many people want to believe Manny isn't an immortal as advertised. Margarito is a mean mother ****er.. He's about -200 IMO in real value. Name recognition is going to let a lot of smart people make a LOT of money.

When do you think the best time to hammer Mag at? Manny lines usually tack on about 60 cents in his favor close to fight night.. but given these circumstances, do you think anything changes?
          2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Lines have been moving in Margarito's favor for a while now.
            My book moved it to +330 now. It will be the usual back and forth battle, with a ton of money hitting one fighter at the last hour. Who that will be on I have no clue...

Weigh ins today.

144.6?
            Are you kidding me?

Margarito looking lean at 150.
            Time to go hydrate and stuff his face.

The height differential isn't too bad, but enough to the point where Manny is punching upwards.

Plenty of Manny fans scheduled to cry tomorrow night.
            Margarito for the upset.

Comment

Yeah, i'm able to get +340 right now. I think i'm just going to settle with that.

Margarito is going to look like a monster compared to Paq tomorrow night. Can't wait!!!!
              2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Hope you guys are right, I do agree with your points.

- I think Margarito can't take Manny's strength lightly though, just be prepared for body blows and some power to his punches, don't think because he is smaller, he can't punch as hard. I read both Cotto and Clottey saying the guy can pack and whollop, and they were surprised by it.

- I like Margarito's size, reach as an advantage

- can't help but ask, you think the supposed stories of "distractions" or not enough "focus" for pacman out of his camp hold any water, or just smoke?
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Manny is strong, but he's not a power puncher. In all fairness, neither is Margarito.
                  I'm sure they both hit hard but they both get the majority of their KO's in the late rounds by breaking their opponents down.

I think he did have a bad camp. Manny is Manny though. He's had distractions before, but when its fight time he gets the job done.

Margarito is bringing his A game, there is no doubt about it.
                  If Manny doesn't bring his, then he's in a lot of trouble.

Comment

Just placed 1 on the over 9.5 (+110)

Comment

Glad I straddled it with the over.
                      Lost 90 bucks...meh...

Damn, Manny is Iron Man.

Comment

Working...
                      X