Las Vegas, Nevada

UFC Middleweight Championship
    Anderson Silva (27-4) -240 vs Vitor Belfort (19-8) +190

Forrest Griffin (17-6) +140 vs Rich Franklin (28-5) -170
    Jake Ellenberger (22-5) -350 vs Carlos Eduardo Rocha (9-0) +250
    Ryan Bader (12-0) +250 vs Jon Jones (11-1) -350
    Miguel Torres (38-3) -400 vs Antonio Banuelos (18-6) +300

Norifumi Yamamoto (18-3) -140 vs Demetrious Johnson (7-1) +110
    Chad Mendes (9-0) vs Michihiro Omigawa (12-8-1)
    Donald Cerrone (13-3) vs Paul Kelly (11-3)
    Mike Pierce (11-3) vs Kenny Robertson (10-0)
    Paul Taylor (10-6-1) vs Gabe Ruediger (17-6)
    Kyle Kingsbury (9-2) vs Ricardo Romero (11-1)

I have to admit I get exited about UFC, but this is going to be a GREAT card!!!

Donald Cerrone and Kid Yamamoto on the undercard... Yamamoto highly-regarded coming over from Japan. Couple of unbeaten fighters in Kenny Robertson and Chad Mendes.

Miguel Torres has the majority of his wins by submissions while Banuelos has most of his wins by decisions... Torres also has a SIX inch height advantage over Banuelos (5'9 to 5'3). I'll be passing this fight unless decide on a parlay.

Unbeated Ryan "Darth" Bader takes his perfect record into the cage as a sizable underdog over the hot hot Jon "Bones" Jones. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bones Jones, this guy is exciting to watch! However, Jones hasn't seen a wrestler like Bader, and he's got some HEAVY hands. Right now that +250 is looking very enticing. Bader has beaten Keith Jardine (3rd Rd. KO) and Little Nog (decision). Jon Jones has beaten Stephan Bonnar, Jake O'Brien, Brandon Vera, and Vladimir Matyushenko. Jones has a two inch height advantage.

I don't know too much about Ellenberger vs Rocha - but Ellenberger has knocked out Mike Pyle... Rocha at 9-0 has eight submission wins, BJJ expert, no notable wins.

Forrest Griffin vs Rich "Ace" Franklin pits two fan-favorites and veteran fighters against each other. Griffin comes in with a decision win over Tito Ortiz, losing the previous two prior. Franklin comes into this fight alternating wins and losses over his last five, KOing Chuck Liddell with that broken hand, getting knocked out by Vitor Belfort, beating Wanderlei Silva in decision, losing to Dan Henderson in decision. I have this as a very close fight, enough to take Griffin as the dog here.

Main event has Anderson Silva going for his ninth (tenth?) title defense. Last time out, was being rocked by Chael Sonnen for 4.5 rounds and finally Sonnen gasses, makes a mistake and Silva makes him pay for it. Of course, since then Sonnen has been indicted by his home-state for real-estate fraud of some sort - what an embarrassment to the league!! So, which Silva comes out vs Belfort? Anderson that is looking to rebound from a disappointing performance, or the Silva that says he can withstand anything??? One thing we know about Belfort - he's stacked, has heavy hands, and if he can take Silva, he can put him down. Belfort is a boxer and BJJ artist, but you'd have to think he wants to trade with Silva. One thing is for sure, Vegas does not have as much confidence in Silva as his previous other fights (often over -500 to -1000), so this has me leaning to Belfort at +190.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

I like Mr. Iron Jaw Griffin to take out franklin, i think by mid 2nd round griffin's cardio will take over he is in much better shape endurance wise and if rich makes it to mid 2nd round he will gas and that is where i expect to see griffin finish this fight mid to late 2nd round...

Ryan Bader... this guy i think is a little overrated, he beat nougarea and jardine, but both these guys been down hill'n it for a while now... and this jon jones cat, supposedly he is the real deal (according to joe rogan).. ima side with joe rogan in this fight.. jon jones with another impressive tko

main event

Anderson Silva is the best fighter in the world, he fought with busted ribs vs sonnen and he didnt even train for that fight as he was still in a bickering match with dana white, over not getting quality opponents, this guy belfort is not under the radar and has alot of respect from the silva camp.. silva is motivated for this fight and 100% healthy, i dont think this fight makes it out the first round, and i actually believe that vegas has the line so low around -240 because of silva's last fight + all the hype surrounding belfort.. on paper the only thing this guy is better than silva in is maybe strength, silva does have better standup skills and if this guy trys to stand up with silva it wont be good, and silva's jujitsu is probably flawless, silva also has that freakish reach, he can back away from an opponent and jab kinda like chuck lidell would do....

either way u go or who u take in all 3 of these fights, this has got to be the best card in like 10 months, so excited for this payperview :beerbang: now lets just hope we dont get 3 stand off decision fights lol
    NCAAF YTD
    Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Agree with you Dukes on all of your points, except for one. I don't see how you can call Bader overrated. He's undefeated and a huge dog - I don't necessarily think he wins this fight, but at these odds - i think he wins at least one out of three fights - making the odds worth it. He's got some heavy hands, and although Jones is flashier - he can still get caught. If he does - watch out!

The Griffen/Franklin fight is going to be fun. Both of these cats are the same fighter - Franklin has more power, but Griffin surely has the chin/heart/cardio. I have to take the dog in an even fight like this.

Regarding the main event - I agree with Silva - but you cannot overlook the Vegas aspect. Most of Silva's fights he's been a HUGE favorite. Again, if he toys with Belfort - watch out. The guy has huge knockout power, and can take a punch. My guess is Belfort doesn't go to the ground - which will make for a flashy fight (unless Silva goes GSP on us). If one of these three dogs hit - I'll be happy. But it wouldnt surprise me if all or none win.

Regardless, this card is going to rock!! Even the two undercard on Spike feature Donald Cerrone and Kid Yamamoto, no slouches there!
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---

Comment

Undercard:

Donald Cerrone/Kid Yamamoto +144 one unit. Like Cerrone by submission and Kid by TKO (Strikes).

Main Card:

Ryan "Darth" Bader +220 one unit. Should have pulled the trigger earlier as money coming in on Bader. Like the price here.

Forrest Griffin +125 one unit. Again, think this is an even fight - even Griffin selling himself short because of his extended layoff. I'll take the dog.

Vitor Belfort +175 one unit. Another fight where Vegas getting more money on the underdog. I would not be surprised to see this go either way, but I like Belfort's chances. Should be a great fight if Silva doesn't rope-a-dope or go GSP. He's not stupid, but it should be a good fight.

:thumbs:
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---

Comment

i have only seen 1 bader fight, and i have only seen highlights of jon jones... i wont be betting on this fight... but i am with you on griffin, griffin is a beast and i think he is in line for maybe another run at a title shot...
          NCAAF YTD
          Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Thanks Dukies! Should be a fun night!!
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---

Comment

Pretty rare that a UFC card is on that doesn't conflict with boxing.
              I can't really remember the last time I've sat and watched an entire UFC card because it is always conflicting.

What a great card to do it on too.

I'm hyped.
              GL man...

Comment

Thanks bud. UNFORTUNATELY.. the over-hyped card was so so so so so sooooooooooo boring.

Miguel Torres fight was terrible - he had a huge reach advantage and Banuelos didn't want to scrap and get inside until the last 15 seconds. Terrible.

Bader didn't get off more than one or two decent shots on Jones and for some reason wanted to shoot and take Jones to the ground. It was too bad - didn't get off anything. Disappointing. But I would make that bet each time. Interesting to note that Rashad Evans hurt his knee and they announced Jones will get a title shot against Shogun Rua - with Shogun coming off two knee injuries - I wonder what that line is going to be? I would guess Jones being so hyped will be a favorite - maybe -175 or so??? Depends, but Shogun will be worth a shot...

Again, the Griffin/Franklin fight was to be expected - two warriors went to war and even though it looked like Franklin hurt his arm again - looked as if Griffin was able to impose his will and size. It wasn't until late in the third round they went toe-to-toe.

Main event spent the first three and a half minutes doing nothing - and then bam! HUGE front kick to the face knocks out Belfort. Ouch.

MMA YTD: 5-10-1, -1.15 units
                Updated on 01/13/18
                ---

Comment

Ya the turn out was pretty weak.
                  I can't believe Belfort got caught with something like that. Pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Dana White if you happen to read this board please give us George St Piere vs Anderson Silva.... Fight of the millennium...:thumbs:

Jones not really getting hit this fight and gonna be fighting in less than 40 days again for title, Is a bonus for him since he is in fight shape, to where shogun not so much, and they both will have the same preperation time for each other, Shogunn should open this fight as a favorite if he doesnt ill be scratching my head, but this is what i want to see i want to see jon jones vs a leet 205 fighter and now i will get to see it... so happy... oh and URIAH FABER is making his UFC debut on that card wooo! Big fan of his :beerbang:
                    NCAAF YTD
                    Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

I like Faber too - so that card is going to be great as well.

If GSP beats Shields in this upcoming fight - UFC 129, in Canada no less - there's a huge rumor that GSP will vacate his belt and move up to fight Silva. He says he wants to get up to 200 and then cut to 185. His standup is far far less than Silva, so expect a great boring fight.
                      Updated on 01/13/18
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X