Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez vs Dzinziruk

What a cluster.
    So many factors going in that doesn't make this main event bout very easy to place on.

Both fighters will be without their coaches. Martinez' coach has personal issues that were not disclosed. Then for whatever reason, Dzinziruk switched trainers and hired McGrit. Seriously? Before the biggest fight of your life you hire Buddy "throw in the towel" McGirt. One of the most over hyped trainers ever. So what am I supposed to do here? Play the long shot in my opinion.

Martinez is king of the division, but by beating who?
    A rehab bound one dimensional Pavlik? I won that play by the way....
    A Rd2 KO over Paul Williams (hey, sh happens).
    A close win over Cintron (official was a draw, but Sergio won that fight).

OK, that is fine but it doesn't make you invincible. The guy is beatable and Dzinziruk has the best jab in the game. No, not just saying that. Look it up. Watch his clips. That's what he does, jab. That's his weapon, the jab.

I have to throw everything out the window and look at the 2 fighters in the ring.
    I like this bang for the buck.

Dzinziruk (+400) par with the Over 9.5 (-270)

Pays about 6 to 1.
    Placing half a unit to pay 2.9

OK, if you think I am willing to risk more than half on this 6-1 then you're high.

It is either going to hit, or it isn't.
    It isn't a shot in the dark, but it's more of a 2.5 to 1 play. If they want to give me 6 to 1 on it, then I will take it.

Cotto vs Mayorga

Over 8.5 (+120)
    Under 8.5 (-150)

The under is the public play. I think it should be more of a -110 either way at 8.5, but I'll play the -150. Just going for a half as well.

I don't see a reason to go big on either of these fights Saturday night.
    Throw a little around just for fun.

.75 to pay .5

Comment

I completely forgot about these two fights. Hoping the Mayorga of past can take a few punches. I've got the over +145
      NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
      MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
      MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
      NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---
      One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I was on the Over at first, but changed my mind. My reasoning was that Cotto was going to play it cautious for the first 4 rounds and weather Mayorga's storm, because more than likely Moyorga is going to come out swinging. I'm expecting Cotto to step inside and between Mayroga's punches to get his own punches in.

If Mayorga plays it safe then the Over should be fine, Cotto will box and go for solid shots here and there. Cotto won't go for the kill for no reason. He isn't that type of fighter and has nothing to prove. If Mayorga plays it wild then he will get countered into oblivion.

Plus Cotto seems pretty pissed off.
        The over is a good play too.
        8.5 is a little too close for me. I would have liked a 9.5 at a -110 split.

Comment

Martinez KO8
          Very impressive. I was way off, but no way I thought he would win by KO.

Looks like you are going to get the Over on the Cotto fight. Good call.
          Both fighters are taking each others punches very well. None of them are even dazed. I really didn't expect Mayorga to take those shots, but he took them like nothing.

Comment

I really only remember Mayorga being someone who had a rock-solid jaw. I got into boxing (not that avid even) when Arturo Gotta turned into a decent boxer... circa 2005 or so. I remember watching Mayorga stick his chin out and bait the other guy into hitting him. Forget the other fighter's name, but hey the bet worked out for me!
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
            X