X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor/Spinks - Pavlik/Miranda

May 19

Two decent fights . Any thoughts?

Taylor is too too talented a boxer to lose to Spinks. Spinks aint bad , but he's no Jermain Taylor IMO.

-Miranda (27-1 record) nicknamed "THE PANTERA" has jumped on the scene after his win over up and comer ALAN GREEN. His only loss was a very controversial UD to Arthur Abraham in September 2006. Abraham actually had his jaw broken in two places during the fight.

-Pavlik is young (25yrs old) and undefeated (30-0). Known as "THE GHOST" this is gonna be a tough fight for Pavlik IMO. The Youngstown Ohio product's last fight was a successful title defense against Bronco McCart. Pavlik is the current NABF Middleweight Title holder. McCart lost three seperate times to Winky Wright in his career.
    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 05-05-2007, 12:42 PM.
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Taylor -900
    Spinks +600

Miranda -170
    Pavlik +140

Taking Miranda (1.7 to win 1). Pavlik is moving up in competition way too fast.

Not sure about the Over/Unders yet. I like the Over (9.5) on Miranada vs Pavlik, but thre is no way to tell when there are 2 bangers in the ring. They either both fight cautious, or they both throw blows. Miranda is a smart fighter so he doesn't go in there just trying to knock peoples heads off. The only problem with me taking the over is that Pavlik has one of the worst defenses I have seen lately, next to Jason Litzau. I'm really torn on this one but am I leaning towards the Over at +120 since I think they will both be cautious. Miranada has a jaw, Pavlik's never been tested.

I know I've lost my last 2 OU in boxing, but Calzaghe's insane early home cooking stoppgae and Frietas not comming off his stool just becuase he didn't think he would win are both BS. I'm due for an OU win.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
      Taylor -900
      Spinks +600

Miranda -170
      Pavlik +140

Taking Miranda (1.7 to win 1). Pavlik is moving up in competition way too fast.

Not sure about the Over/Unders yet. I like the Over (9.5) on Miranada vs Pavlik, but thre is no way to tell when there are 2 bangers in the ring. They either both fight cautious, or they both throw blows. Miranda is a smart fighter so he doesn't go in there just trying to knock peoples heads off. The only problem with me taking the over is that Pavlik has one of the worst defenses I have seen lately, next to Jason Litzau. I'm really torn on this one but am I leaning towards the Over at +120 since I think they will both be cautious. Miranada has a jaw, Pavlik's never been tested.

I know I've lost my last 2 OU in boxing, but Calzaghe's insane early home cooking stoppgae and Frietas not comming off his stool just becuase he didn't think he would win are both BS. I'm due for an OU win.

Good Stuff V3 .. Good Stuff in the MLB POD CONTEST too . Keep it up my friend.

Miranda is a warrior type of dude. Read his Bio . He's been through alot in his life and was homeless and on the streets for sometime.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
        Good Stuff V3 .. Good Stuff in the MLB POD CONTEST too . Keep it up my friend.

Miranda is a warrior type of dude. Read his Bio . He's been through alot in his life and was homeless and on the streets for sometime.
        This is the worst streak in boxing I have had, ever. I thought I had the game down solid, but it keeps switching up on me. I may go fairly big on Miranda on this one, just to get some redemption.

Thanks for the baseball contest props. Long way to go, it's anyones game.

Comment

i like miranda as well, pavlik wasnt too impressive his last time out:beerbang:

Comment

The Ghost

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
            i like miranda as well, pavlik wasnt too impressive his last time out:beerbang:

Pavlik is definetely stepping up in class. Miranda puts alot of pressure on you.

I haven't saw much of Pavlik , but i saw Miranda against Allan Greene and he has WARRIOR LIKE qualities to him ...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Took it this morning at -170. I dont think this line is going anywhere. Maybe 10 cents left or right, no big deal.

Playing 2.55 to pay 1.55

Miranda by ruthless and barbaric KO!!!

Comment

Im with V3, I put down 175 to win 1. I think the line will go up even more. Miranda should be too much for Pavlik, I like pavlik as a boxer but not a banger. I think Edison will punish him!!
                Good Luck Guys!!

Comment

dimes has miranda -160 right now..........im pulling for spinks vs taylor, no way im laying 900 to 1000 to win 100 on taylor.......

Comment

.5 parlay on Taylor -900 Over 10.5 +120

.5 To Pay .7

Need to have some action on the main event...

Comment

GL V3!! Should be good fights tonight!

Comment

miranda down to -150

Comment

-145 @ betus

Comment

What am I missing? OUCH! really kicked myself in the nuts taking the line so early. I never saw the line moving this way? If It keeps dropping, Im going to put more on Miranda, what the hell, Im not going to let it sway my pick, if I lose, I lose, wont be the first time!!LOL. Ill check back with you guys before the fight.

Comment

v3 im with you took over 10.5 in the spinks fight..........miranda line is crazy but what the hell,, 145 to win 100:) :beerbang: good luck guys:sm:

Comment

Working...
                              X