UFC 130 Rampage vs Hamill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 130 Rampage vs Hamill

Actually the fight i really am interested in seeing is Frank Mir & Roy "fat boy" Nelson man i really wanna bet on this fat sob @ -110 to win this fight lol.. cant wait to see this fight... kinda pumped.. i never like heavy weights but man im just attracted to this fight :smclap:
    NCAAF YTD
    Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Crappy crappy main event - we'll see if Rampage's heart is in it this time.

I'm a huge Roy Nelson fan, but this fight against Mir makes no sense to me. Mir can work on the ground, but Nelson doesn't go there. Nelson likes to stand, but as we saw against Dos Santos, he can surely take a punch - so Mir's not giong to knock him out.

Idk, just not a huge exciting fight for me.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Beer Belly Roy is gonna knock Mir out!!! U know Mir is gonna try to submit Roy, Kinda like his Game plan vs Brock Lesnar... i personally question the andre arlovski fight.. was roy in it, like was his head in the game, cause i think if they fought again he should beat that stupid washed up arlovski.. and IMO taking Dos Santos to a Decision is Huge in my eyes Cause i Think Dos Santos personally is best Heavy weight Fighter in the game..
      NCAAF YTD
      Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Matt Hamill vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
        Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson
        Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve
        Jorge Santiago vs. Brian Stann
        Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story
        Demetrious Johnson vs. Miguel Torres
        Tim Boetsch vs. Kendall Grove
        Bart Palaszewski vs. Gleison Tibau
        Chris Cariaso vs. Michael McDonald
        Renan Barao vs. Cole Escovedo

My immediate picks are in bold. Will have a couple of days to review the card.

I'm always going to be on Rampage. The guy has tremendous talent, and is an indestructable force if his heart is in it. I don't think he sees Hamill as being anything but someone in his way back to the top. That being said, Hamill is a very underrated fighter. He's an unheralded wrestler with a D-3 championship background. He's also got some heavy hands. The issue I see is his quickness. Yeah, Hamill can throw, but most are slow straights and slow uppercuts. Rampage is quick and has power behind his shots.

Like I said above I really don't like this Mir/Nelson fight. Not that I don't like the guys, just the matchup. Mir is someone who has a tremendous talent, but hasn't put it all together. Whether it's training regiment, his stricking, etc... we all know he's great on the ground, but Nelson doesn't do too bad on the ground. In fact, if you have Nelson on top of you in side control, he uses that extra weight to an advantage. On the other hand in the standing game, we've seen Nelson can take a punch from one of the best strikers in the game (JDS) and not be KO'd... he can take a punch. Does Mir want to stand? I'm not going to bet this one.

Stann is another fighter that I'll always have some faith in. Guy has some hands, is a former WEC champion, and can hold his own on the ground een though he'd prefer to stay standing.

More thoughts later
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---

Comment

Kinda off topic but not....

Lately i have seen alot of people around lose interest in watching the ppv fights, i know fight is not fixed, but the matchups are predetermined by dana white... when i ask people why they are losing interest in going to watch the ppv, they are tired of seeing fights always going to a decision and paying 5-10 bucks cover into a bar than the beer money food money... just to watch people wrestle and throw jabs... the ufc really needs a some good fight finishes to draw intrest back, i have a feeling this might be the card that we get a start in the right direction with a big knock out for the win... my guess is its coming in the rampage or mir fight, mostlikely rampage with a brutal hook to the dome and hamil goes blind as well as deaf... maybe not but dana was talking on the ultimate fighter last week how he wants the next few ppv to get some "real fkn fights" well i hope rampage gives us our moneys worth and shows off those massive arms....

I like Thiago myself...

and i also like Travis Browne

Good Luck with your plays

& Go Fat BoY RoY!!! :beerbang:
          NCAAF YTD
          Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Originally posted by DukiesBaby View Post
            Kinda off topic but not....

Lately i have seen alot of people around lose interest in watching the ppv fights, i know fight is not fixed, but the matchups are predetermined by dana white... when i ask people why they are losing interest in going to watch the ppv, they are tired of seeing fights always going to a decision and paying 5-10 bucks cover into a bar than the beer money food money... just to watch people wrestle and throw jabs... the ufc really needs a some good fight finishes to draw intrest back, i have a feeling this might be the card that we get a start in the right direction with a big knock out for the win... my guess is its coming in the rampage or mir fight, mostlikely rampage with a brutal hook to the dome and hamil goes blind as well as deaf... maybe not but dana was talking on the ultimate fighter last week how he wants the next few ppv to get some "real fkn fights" well i hope rampage gives us our moneys worth and shows off those massive arms....

I like Thiago myself...

and i also like Travis Browne

Good Luck with your plays

& Go Fat BoY RoY!!! :beerbang:
            You're not alone in the MMA community. I won't dis the matchups - because most that are pre-determined are actually good... it's just the injuries that throw everything off. I'll also echo you when it comes to paying for PPV. I think Dana is a very smart business man - he's pushing to have cards in more and more states once they legalize MMA. Same with other countries - see England, Brazil, Germany, Canada, Fights for the Troops... He listened to the fans when they wanted an eariler start time on fights. I can only imagine if we make a raucus about the costs of the fights, that will come up too!

I have heard notes around the internet about making some non-title fights five rounds. Surely this has to be in response to the Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre type of fights that headline fights. It seems like fighters nowadays just seem to want to "not lose" instead of going for the win. Whenever you hear Dana talk about what he likes in a fighter - it's someone who goes for it, who lays it out on the line... I think he has to adjust salaries or maybe increase Sub/KO of the Night honors? Right now it's what like 40k? (not too shabby)

Anyway, I'll have some picks tomorrow or Saturday. Best of luck Dukies! Hhope you post some more thoughts and your picks!!
            Last edited by akatdrake; 05-27-2011, 12:57 AM.
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---

Comment

My picks:

Stefan Struve +120

Frank Mir/Roy Nelson o2.5 +120

Brian Stann -135 for 2 units

Struve always makes for a fight, can take and dish a punch out, love the odds here for a closer-than-the-odds say fight. I may be way off on the Mir/Nelson fight, but I really think this goes to a decision. We know Nelson can take a punch and since Mir was forced to go up to 260, I think that will help offset Nelson's supposed weight advantage. Also, like Stann - cannot bet against him even though Santiago is a dangerous striker.

Went back and forth on Johnson/Torres but couldn't pull the trigger. Lean Johnson though.
              Updated on 01/13/18
              ---

Comment

Got to catch some of the fights online... but it was a disappointing card - though that wasn't unexpected.

Struve got his ass handed to him. I wonder if it's the match-making, but he relies on his athleticism and it seems like it gets him into trouble with fighters that like to stay in the pocket and/or aren't afraid to throw... see Browne and Cro-Cop. If he stays compact, he can give some of the heavyweights fits. But he is still young.

Mir dominated Nelson in a completely one-sided affair. I cannot believe the chin on Nelson, as he ate around 10-15 knees in the fight and a few shots. Nelson looked gassed out again, even though people swear he has a lot of cardio. He's got heart, and is fun to watch, but he's going to need to win.

Stann outstruck Santiago from what I've read. I didn't get to see the fight, but glad it worked out for me.

Main event sucked. Give props to Rampage for his takedown defense, but Hamill's gameplan didn't work. Looked like he wanted to do leg kicks, but then looked like he lost his heart when that didn't work - he abandoned it. His strikes weren't connecting and Rampage was getting off some shots. Rampage says he fractured his hand before the fight, and if it's true, he'll be suspended for a few weeks... can't lie about that stuff.

2-1, up 2 units. Close to the black.
                Updated on 01/13/18
                ---

Comment

Nice work, a win is a win...

Another crap filled card again though, 4 of 5 main fights of the night ended with a decision, tired of these fights going to a scorecard, wasnt but 5 years ago when i got into this ufc stuff bigtime, fights hardly made it the distance, now every f'n fight, no one can finish, all bunch a pussies fighting not to lose.... Man that 7 foot knock out was siick though alot of power behind a hand fake lol... good night on impact.. if you didnt see it it made espn's top plays hahaha i think #2...

I wanna see an armbar, triangle, or another silva front kick to the face ko... come on fighters grow a pair and fight to win...
                  NCAAF YTD
                  Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Completely agree with you on that Dukies! In other news, looks like Nick Diaz is scrapping boxing to take on GSP once they hammer out fight details. That punk Diaz should go out guns a blazing!!!

Did get to see the Struve KO too. ugh :( Bad ass timing and lots of power behind that Superman KO!!
                    Updated on 01/13/18
                    ---

Comment

:nice:

Comment

Working...
                      X