Anthony Pettis -175 vs Clay Guida +145
    Tony Ferguson vs. Ramsey Nijem
    George Roop +325 vs. Josh Grispi -450
    Scott Jorgensen -450 vs. Ken Stone +325
    Daniel Downes +250 vs. Jeremy Stephens -350
    Ed Herman -110 vs. Tim Credeur -120
    Fabio Maldonado +160 vs. Kyle Kingsbury -200
    Reuben Duran -220 vs. Francisco Rivera +175

I guess this is a spoiler of sorts, as Tony and Ramsey have apparently won spots into the final - I still have yet to see tonight's episode :(

Anyway, my first thoughts are Guida right away. He's stepped himself up from a tier 2 guy to one challenging for the title. Right now he sits at +145 roughly. I look at Pettis and the only thing he really has going for him in the public eye is the matrix kick off Ben Henderson. I wasn't very impressed with Henderson at all, except he looked tight and compact in his last fight. Already on Clay Guida for 2 units at +145

I'll be doing more research but my initial leans are Roop (Grispi won't surprise anyone this time around), Ramsey, Herman.
    Last edited by akatdrake; 06-02-2011, 06:34 PM.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

I havent watched the final episode yet, but ramsey doesnt suprise me, i expect him to win the whole thing....

I wonder why they are not giving action on the other 3 fights on this card that are from the house...

If they get those up to wager on,

I like

Cope over O'Neil

Harvison Over Edwards

McGilivray Over Bailey

I Think McGilivray will have a great UFC career i think he had a terrible fight when he lost, but this kid is most talented in the house, besides maybe Ramsey...

as for the other fights on this card

right now at first glance i like

Daniel Downes +250

Reuben Duran -220
    NCAAF YTD
    Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Final card:

Clay Guida +145 for two units
      Clay Guida +175

Tony Ferguson -105

Chris Cope +155

Ryan McGillivray +220

Clay Harvison +175

History on TUF is dogs bark because Vegas has been watching the shows, and has the perception of the show which was taped months ago. Generally the weaker fighters get better and put on a better show.

Best of luck guys!!!
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---

Comment

Very nice night, hitting on all bets except for Ryan McGillivray.

Thoughts:

Anthony Pettis -175 vs Clay Guida +145
        ** Amazes me how Guida's cardio, stamina, and in-your-face style of fighting baffles opponents. Clay's not very good standing up, but even that has improved in his last couple of fights. He did just enough to set up the takedown, and while Pettis was very active defensively on his back, he didn't do much offensively until the final minutes of the fight. It will be interesting to see how Dana likens this fight to his title-shot chances... perhaps Guida vs Jim Miller for the number one contender? Would the fight on the same night as Edgar/Maynard III?

Tony Ferguson vs. Ramsey Nijem
        ** UFC really wanted Tony to win this because of his perceived villian status on the show. Ramsey was a fun one to watch with his antics, but couldn't do much on his feet and that's where Tony took it to him.

George Roop +325 vs. Josh Grispi -450
        ** The Fluke is perhaps an apt nickname for Grispi. Losing his second consecutive fight since coming over from the UFC, both as huge favorites. He's got a lot of potential, but he just got outworked by Roop. Albeit an inconsistent fighter, Roop does possess that want-factor. If he wants it, he'll take it. Perhaps this helps him toward the top of the division...

** Didn't see this fight.

Daniel Downes +250 vs. Jeremy Stephens -350
        ** Boy does Downes have heart. He can take a licking and nearly had his arm torn off by a Kimura, but didn't tap. Also rear-naked choked in the final seconds of the fight, but didn't tap. Stephens, based on experience alone, deserved the huge fave mark, but Downs, with a few more fights underneath him, will be a force.

Ed Herman -110 vs. Tim Credeur -120
        ** There was talk that Herman was down to his final fight. Because of his two surgeries, he had some financial problems, at-home problems, but came out and nailed Credeur to the wall in the first minute. Two right uppercuts and a couple of ground and pounds, and it was over. Kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger on him.

Fabio Maldonado +160 vs. Kyle Kingsbury -200
        ** Kingsbury's Victor Conte relation is what scared me about this fight, and I was right to stay away. For a stocky, ripped guy at 205, he sure doesn't have much power. He did enough in the Muay Thai clench and landed many knees that should have downed his opponents, but the fight went to the decision. Maldonado, give him some credit - was landing some nice body shots throughout the fight, but when he closed Kingsbury's left eye, didn't go for the homerun.

Reuben Duran -220 vs. Francisco Rivera +175
        ** What a back and forth submission war!! Didn't catch most of this, but Duran gets his first win the octagon.

Chris Cope vs Chuck O'Neil
        ** Boy this was a completely one-sided fight with Cope improving on all facets of his game, and it really looked like O'Neil regressed as well. Cope outstruck O'Neil from bell to bell, was quicker on his feet and never let O'Neil get going. It looked like Chuck wasn't even able to land more than a handful of shots the entire fight, and was never a threat.

Ryan McGillivray vs Shamar Bailey
        ** Bailey is a very talented wrestler, and definitely frustrated McGillivray throughout the fight. Ryan, supposedly better on his feet than Shamar, wasn't able to land as many big blows as Shamar did - who then set up the takedown and controlled Ryan the entire fight. Really disappointed in McGillivray.

Clay Harvison vs Justin Edwards
        ** I guess everyone was high on Edwards, but besides the lackluster performance on TUF, I hadn't heard of the guy. Harvison looked more dedicated and focused at the weigh-ins and walk-in, and throughout the fight. Was a pretty one-sided fight that Clay dominated from bell to bell.

5-1, +7.95 units :beerbang:
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---

Comment

Originally posted by akatdrake View Post
          ** Didn't see this fight.

Dude this fight was on after the main event.. jorgensen knocked out stone while stone was in guard on his back, from his knees 1 punch lights out, amazing the amount of power jorgensen produced from on his knees, i mean he hit him 4 times but the first time u saw stone's eyes roll back and it was good night... i think it was late 1st round not sure, but jorgensen jumped to his feet yelling im back!

with a knock out from that position id say wow maybe he is back....

good card, nice hits, and ya the underdogs from the show normally prevail.. but ryan man i dunno whats his deal he is better than that, im sure of it..... :ohman:
          NCAAF YTD
          Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Working...
          X