Johny Hendricks -115 vs. Mike Pierce -115
    Mike Thomas Brown vs. Nam Phan
    Alexander Gustafsson vs. Matt Hamill
    Jorge Rivera +120 vs. Alessio Sakara -150
    Mike Pyle +200 vs. Rory MacDonald -260
    Constantinos Philippou vs. Rafael Natal
    Dennis Hallman vs. Brian Ebersole
    Ivan Menjivar vs. Nick Pace

What once was an awesome card is now whittled down to nothing. Ortiz hardly deserving of a main-event, but what once was the anticipated title defense of Jon Bones Jones vs Rashad Evans, is now relying on another huge upset by Tito to deliver this card. I was even pretty interested in the Rich Franklin vs Minotauro fight, but Noguiera pulled out just within the last few days and there hasn't been a replacement hasn't been announced yet.

I'm not super stoked about this card at all, but I do like a few fighters: Ivan Menjivar, Rory MacDonald, Jorge Rivera, Mike Thomas Brown - and it will be nice to see how Belfort fights after that crane kick by the Spider, and how Evans deals with having to match up against a wrestler, coming off a long layoff. I like the Hallman/Ebersole fight pitting two MMA vets in a freaking slugfest!!

A couple of lines out... more analysis to come.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

I'm glad to see Ortiz fight again. I hope he reigns again.
    We'll see...

Comment

It sounds like from reading some articles, not everyone is happy that he's fighting on the main event. There was an article/podcast out there featuring Pat Militich and he really didn't think it was more than a money-making opportunity. Outside the likes of Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture, and GSP, Tito is one of only a few fighters that will bring viewers to buy the card based on name alone. I think with all of the injuries this year, and the cards rearranged - Dana makes a smart business decision and jumps all over Tito's willingness. That being said, it's easy for Tito - who made a reported $200k last fight - to take the paycheck and not have to fear for his job.
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---

Comment

Anyone says he isnt deserving of them fight in the mma world is a cracker jack box ****...

no one wants to fight evans cause he is a bad ass, bones jones is a bi capital T C H!!!!

this guy backs out of fighting evans for "surgery" than a 4th doctor after fight is cancelled says "nah surgery is not the answer" so ill just book a fight 1 month later with rampage...

such a bitch move, This is a terrible matchup for evans, tito beat him the first time they fought but got that stupid point deduction (which was bs to begin with) and resulted in a draw

both are very good at wrestling but tito weakness is vs knockout guys and evans really isnt that guy... i know bader is a chump as i stated before, thats why i played tito, but here rashad is not a chump, only 2 loses he has was to machida (who is just better) and tito (this was a draw but still i count as tito win)

if i bet anything i will take the fight to go the distance, i dont see either fighter finishing the other inside 3 rounds... neither guy is knock out type, unless of a huge opening button hit, and neither guy is a ju jistsu submission fighter, alot of ground game and alot of squaring off early will make this fight seem REALLY REALLY BORING ....

thats all i will say about this fight, this card was once exciting now is a pathetic attempt at a save, Belfort should finish his opponent fast, and i was looking forward to laying a bill on franklin to upset at +135 but another broken hearted "injured" pussy messed that up for me...

oh and tito having fought less than 3 weaks ago and having a short fight he is in fight shape so the took fight early notice plays no factor in this one...

maybe the Prelims on spike will be the highlight of the night, some up and comers i am looking forward to watching...

Not sure if Nam Phan is on the card or the Prelims but i really like this guy and love watching him fight:beerbang:
        NCAAF YTD
        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Agree with most of what you said Dukies... the good fights will be on the undercard. However, we've thought there'd be some stacked cards this year flame out on PPV, so maybe we can reverse that mojo and get a decent card? I won't be buying it, but maybe I'll go watch it at Buffalo Wild Wings. MMM beer and wings.
          Updated on 01/13/18
          ---

Comment

Tito says he's back and in the best shape of his life.
            I am going to take his word for it. Don't be surprised if he abuses Rashad with his G&P game. That's what he used to do best, just blister people with elbows till the ref stops it.

I'm on the Tito wagon until the wheels fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post

I'm on the Tito wagon until the wheels fall off.

again :laughing:

Hey But im right there with you we can be like leo decaprio on the front of the titanic see how far we can take this free ride...

I'll never let go tito... I'll never let... go:beerbang:

allthough Ken shamrock... some one needs to tell him he should let go, cant believe this guy is still getting his ass whooped :laughing:
              NCAAF YTD
              Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

I completely get where you guys are coming from with Tito, but taking the fight on short notice without any real motivation and a pissed-the-hell-off Rashad Evans??? That's some tough ****.
                Updated on 01/13/18
                ---

Comment

Rashad spent the majority of his camp training for the wrong opponent.
                  It sort of works both ways.

I'm not saying Tito will win. I'm just saying I hope he does, as a fan.

Comment

Oh, I completely dig what you're saying Ver... and it will be great for the sport, lacking PPV sales, and the drama of this year's supposedly awesome cards being derailed by injuies if Tito wins. He buys PPVs on his name alone, and it'd be nice to see an old vet get a title shot, but I have little confidence in him.
                    Updated on 01/13/18
                    ---

Comment

You guys will be sorely disappointed if you bet on Tito in this spot. Nostalgia is making me root for him, but he is going to get dominated in any road he chooses to ride.

He was a sizable dog against Bader. A dog.. understandable, THAT big of a dog.. ridiculous. Bader is a talented fighter, but still a product of the hype train. That Tito fight was supposed to make his stock more valuable, but Tito sh8t all over that plan.

Tito beating Bader doesn't make him more, or less likely to defeat Evans. Period. I am in no way a fan of Evans, but he possesses an elite MMA mind, to match an elite skill set.

4 years later after the initial fight, both fighters have skyrocketed in different directions. Evans represents about -1500 value here in my opinion. I wouldn't touch Tito with a 10ft pole without getting +1000.

GL fellas
                      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Tito says he's back dammit. That means he's here to smash domes again.

No, I'm not betting on him. I'll be cheering for him though.

Comment

Say Hero, did you ever decide when you're going to to Vegas? I'm heading out there Sept 23-26 for a little football action with the fellas from college...

I think one of Tito +275, Yushin Okami +325, Rampage +325 hits. I already have the Okami bet in... but I think the one with the least value is Tito for reasons we've stated already, 1) old Tito, 2) Bader overrated, 3) short notice, 4) paycheck fight, 5) job not on the line anymore.

Don't want to get too far off track, but I also put in a bet on tomorrow's Strikeforce Challengers fight:

Ovince St. Preux -260 to win 2 units

Didn't bother to make a thread for it, but the only fight other than the OSP fight I want to see is the main event.
                          Updated on 01/13/18
                          ---

Comment

I'm trying to get out there the 17th for the Floyd fight. Trying to get hooked up with some nasty seats before I go for sure.

As for tonight... Liz Carmouche +150. She should be a 2-1 fav IMO.
                            2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Say good luck getting out there for the Floyd fight... if you dont make it out then, head the next weekend and we'll have a round and meet up okay?
                              Updated on 01/13/18
                              ---

Comment

Working...
                              X