Davis/Garcia fight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis/Garcia fight

Compelled to tell this story,, but don't like they guys that bitch about every bet they lose. I have over 50 years of betting and since the pandemic I have been betting a lot at 63 years of age. I believe I had bets in boxing, UFC, and Bellator yesterday. I have bet baseball and NBA, NHL, NFL draft all last week. I even bet elections and thanks to live betting I got out of a couple of bets in the election when Clinton/Trump were running for President. So basically I bet a ton, but most bets are less than $200.

So I lost every bet last night in Bellator and UFC and dropped a little more than $1000....3 bets in UFC and 2 in Bellator

In Boxing I had $220 to win $100 on Davis and $195 to win $150 on over 7.5 rounds. I felt like Davis hand won 4 of the first 6 rounds and I don't pretend to be a boxing guru but when the 7th round began I thought I had a chance for both. I believe at about the 1/2 way mark of the 7th round Garcia took a knee, which I thought was a good move, as maybe he was trying to shake to cobwebs and buy some time. He is much taller than Davis and I thought with barely a minute to go in the 7th he could have got on his bike and kept away for the rest of the round. So I was stunned when he refuse to get up. So I lost $95 on that fight getting $100 for Davis and losing the total.

The funny thing is that I live in Mexico and the locals were claiming he is a "fake Mexican" as they all said a "real Mexican" would have gotten back up. Hell I felt like any one from a third World Country would have finished the fight or taken a great beating before giving up.

I hope you see this story as humerus and not racist or a loser just bitching about his loss. I can honestly say that I have won bets in the UFC when I thought I lost so I am all aware of it happens both ways.

If you're around long enough and bet on enough events,you will eventually experience every kind of up and down that exists. I once lost on two half court shots in the same week!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      If you're around long enough and bet on enough events,you will eventually experience every kind of up and down that exists. I once lost on two half court shots in the same week!
      I have over 50 years of betting sports. So I have my stories. I have even worked at sports books before but not in 30 years.

Comment

Working...
      X