Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione
    Jeff Curran vs. Scott Jorgensen
    Dennis Siver vs. Donald Cerrone
    Bart Palaszewski vs. Tyson Griffin
    Brandon Vera vs. Eliot Marshall
    Dustin Jacoby vs. Brad Tavares
    Daniel Downes vs. Ramsey Nijem
    Francis Carmont vs. Chris Camozzi

First off, this isn't worth a PPV now that GSP is out with injury. Sucks that cocky prick Diaz gets the main event now. Penn looks good in the weigh-in's tonight and the line shot up about 20 cents and now lays around 140-150. Diaz is a bad ass striker, but BJ is probably the best striker in MMA. Diaz has decent BJJ but Penn has never been submitted in his life. There's a possibility Diaz wins a decision, but I have a hard time seeing him finish Penn. This will be a no-play for me.

Hatsu Haoki is heralded, but is a huge favorite coming over in his UFC debut. Roop is no slouch, but hardly a top fighter in the division. I believe he's been alternating wins and losses for a while now. I have bought into foreign fighters (Gomi and Yamamoto) who have not lived up to their hype in the UFC - thus this will be a no-play for me.

I do however have a bet on Cro-Cop at +200 to beat Nelson. Nelson has been impressive, and you think here if he doesn't beat Mirko, he will be pressured to lose the weight, get cut from the UFC, or move to 205. At the weigh-in's tonight, it looks like Nelson was wearing a fat-suit of sorts or maybe like 20 t-shirts... I am not sure. Either way, this is a put-up or shut-up for him and I do not have the faith of him.

Cheick Kongo is still a physical specimen and Matt Mitrione is an up-and-coming HW who will be champion one day - mark my word! I haven't decided yet...

Tyson Griffen weighed in at 159 and didn't make 156 and thus is fined 25% of his cut. Palaszewski agreed to a catch-weight fight at 158.

Gotta figure out where I'm going to put Donald Cerrone in somewhere...
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Final Card:

Danny Downes +175

Bart Palaszewski +250

Mirko Cro-Cop +200

BJ Penn by Decision +125

Donald Cerrone by Submission +150

Hatsu Hioki by Submission +110

Good luck tonight fellas.
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---

Comment

Francis Carmont looked good for the most part. A little cocky, but with GSP in his corner and camp, I think he'll reel that in. Good Muay Thai and clench, and great knees. Little flat-footed as Rogan pointed out, and in great shape. Probably will get caught one of these next fights as he keeps his hands low and relies on speed - has to be reminded to keep them high.

Boy, I tell you what, this Danny Downes has heart, and he has a helluva chin. Unfortunately the kid isn't that strong and didn't do much against a stronger wrestler. He's young, and hopefully with a good camp he'll be able to put on some muscle and get some offense. I'll probably stay away from him vs wrestlers though his next fight will probably be vs a striker...

Cannot believe Brandon Vera won that decision, and looks like he broke his arm in a late third round arm-bar but he didn't tap. Wasn't very impressive, and looks like the striking machine that he was in 06-07 is gone. Chin isn't there as Marshall is a weak striker and tagged Vera a few times. Look to bet against him next fight.

Palaszewski bum rushes Griffin and nails the +250 dog... poor Tyson Griffin... what a waste of talent for a guy who probably gets cut now. Disrespecting the sport by not making weight, AGAIN, and now his chin (once a strong part of his game) is gone. Yay for being on the right side - though I'll be honest it was based on missing weight and a lack of conditioning.

Donald Cerrone wins via sub after he nails Siver a few times and almost KOs him! I was lucky he didn't get KOed but was able to finish sub. Cerrone is now a LEGIT title contender in an already-stacked 155. Wow, what a division. Looks like Siver will be one of those fighters that up-and-comers who will need to prove vs strikers.
      Updated on 01/13/18
      ---

Comment

Working...
      X