Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 156: Aldo vs Edgar Picks and Predictions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 156: Aldo vs Edgar Picks and Predictions!

Fight Card
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
    Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
    Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall
    Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
    Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley
    Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
    Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
    Chico Camus vs. Dustin Kimura

If you didn't watch the weigh-in, here's what you missed: First three bantamweights weighed-in overweight, Kimura missed weight (139.5) and forfeits 20 percent of his purse to Camus. Tyron Woodley looks absolutely shredded and Hieron looks a little soft. Ian McCall looks like has his head in the right place versus his last fight vs Mighty Mouse. Overeem looks like he's off the roids. Evans again looking huge, and Rogerio looking good as well, but loss of upperbody muscle. Aldo looks healthy and shredded, and Edgar is Edgar.

Underdogs:

Damian Maia +175 over Jon Fitch for one unit: Fitch was taken down pretty easily versus Erick Silva, but Silva didn't have the top game to finish. He then got roughed up by Johny Hendricks with that one-punch KO. I like that Maia has been displaying more of a hands-game standing up and I believe if Fitch goes to the ground, Maia will obv be looking for the sub on the back and to reverse. This boils down to believing Maia has more ways to win than Fitch. And, I hate Jon Fitch. :thumbs:

Ian McCall +200 over Joseph Benavidez for one unit: Benavidez was made to look mortal in his last fight, and so was McCall - by the same opponent. Throw that out there and you'd think Benavidez would have the big advantage. I do believe Benavidez has a better chance to win, but you cannot count McCall out of any fight. I liken him to Frankie Edgar in that he's got the heart, when it's in the right place. The "Creepy" thing about McCall is that his head isn't always in the game, sometimes you'd like him to take it to the ground and he wants to stand, and vice-versa. I like him to make a statement and I believe the winner gets John Dodson next fight. I do think Benavidez wins, but I see enough value in McCall to take the dog.

Parlay of Tyron Woodley over Jay Hieron, and Francisco Rivera over Edwin Figueroa +140 for two units: Tyron is a definite short public favorite, and that usually spells trouble. However, this fight pits a wrestler vs a striker, and if you watched the weigh-in, Woodley looks absolutely stacked. Hieron meanwhile looks like he's lost some muscle, or had a bad cut. Hieron also was shredded vs Ellenberger, but got dominated there as well. I think Woodley grinds Hieron and takes him down at will. Rivera is still a no-name to many in the division but won't be much anymore. Make sure to get on him.

Parlay of Rashad Evans over Minotauro Noguiera, Alistair Overeem over Antonio Silva, Tyron Woodley over Jay Hieron, and Jose Aldo over Frankie Edgar +310 for one unit: As stated above Evans looks stacked and has the moxie to grab a few wins before the title shot again. Dana has strongly hinted a win for Evans tonight gets the winner of Jon Jones/Chael Sonnen. Evans looks built and lil Nog looks pretty good as well, but Evans has two career losses - Lyoto Machida and Jon Jones - certainly nothing to scoff at. Jose Aldo looks good, and I think this extended layoff was just what the doctor ordered. He looks good, not tired or a bad cut, and despite the latter has still won 14 fights in a row. Frankie Edgar struggled with a much larger opponent in Ben Henderson and got outworked, and no disrespect to him - because I think he's an excellent fighter, and fights well as an underdog - but I see Aldo doing a lot of what Bendo did. Pressure + leg kicks + awkward power = a win. I would like to see Aldo finish Edgar, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm going to predict (not hard at all) a really good Aldo win here.

Been cold lately guys, so follow at your own risk. But cheers to a good card tonight!

:thumbs:

-Andy
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X