Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC on Fuel TV 8: Silva vs Stann Picks and Predictions!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC on Fuel TV 8: Silva vs Stann Picks and Predictions!!

Date: March 2, 2013 7:30 PM EST
    Venue: Saitama Super Arena

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
    Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
    Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
    Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami
    Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
    Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
    Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
    Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
    Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

1-3 last time out being a little pissed about the Hendo decision. No respect for Machida's running away style. Yes, it's effective, but damn it's boring to watch. Was wrong about fading Court McGee - likely the last time I'll do that at any price. He's really developing into a great fighter!

I really love the second fight. I LOVE Struve and have been a big fan of his. He's really worked on his reach and technical striking versus guys who throw bombs, and he's becoming more well-rounded vs a one-trick pony. I see this fight aiming up to be something similar to Struve's fight vs Lavar Johnson. He knows Hunt hits like a ton of bricks so will try to set him up for the takedown. I like him to be able to get it. Struve has won four in a row vs big strikers like Stipe Miocic, Johnson, Dave Herman, Pat Barry. Meanwhile Hunt on a three-fight win streak of his own dispatching Chris Tuchscherer, Ben Rothwell, and Cheick Kongo. Hunt's losses include Mousasi, Manheof, Alistair Overeem, Fedor, Barnett, and wins over Cro-Cop, and Wandy. Hunt is a fan favorite over in Japan from his Pride days.

The main event should be alright mainly because the Japanese crowd loves Wandy. But Wandy struggles vs American fighters. Franklin, Leben, Franklin, Rampage, Liddell, Hendo, Tito. All great competition, but nonetheless. I think this boils down to Silva headlining because of his past, obviously not because of his future. Dana wants ticket sales, and he's probably got them. This fight is at 205 where Stann will just be massive, and I think his punching power and dirty boxing will key off on Wandy. This will be an all-out war and yes Stann can get caught, but I think Stann is a little less likely to throw with all-out abandon. We'll see.

Other notes: Diego makes his return to 155 but ends up missing weight at 158. Oops.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Bryan Caraway +172 over Takeya Mizugaki for one unit - Miesha Tate cornering Caraway, and if we know anything about Tate, she fights smart. Caraway is a great grappler and has a good chin.

Rani Yahya -105 over Mizuto Hirota for one unit - Yahya is a submission artist and doesn't get KOd. Hirota's wins have come from KO. Yahya also has the cardio and movement to grind out a decision win from being more active.

Yushin Okami +170 over Hector Lombard for one unit - Everyone predicting Lombard by KO, but after his lackluster performance in his Octagon debut vs Boetcsh, he followed up with a predictable win vs Palhares. Okami is more strong with less muscle (much like Boetsch). Okami has better range and more of a technical striker vs boxer. And Okami has faced better competition.

Siyar Bahadurzada +220 vs Dong Hyun Kim for one unit - their common opponent was Paulo Thiago. Siyar KTFO in the first round, while Stun Gun had to grind out a decision. I like Siyar's takedown defense and chin with power vs Kim. Both have impressive records, but I believe Siyar's defense and offense give him more ways to win than Kim does. Kim's only have two losses to Maia and Condit, and has alternated wins and losses since January 2011, but Siyar is a force. We'll see a big upset here.

Stefan Struve -185 vs Mark Hunt to win four units - I definitely see this playing out as much as Struve's fight vs Lavar Johnson. Hunt has a huge 14" height disadvantage and I cannot even imagine his reach disadvantage. Struve has been clammoring to be in the number one contender picture if he wins, and I'd like to see him fight winner of Overeem/JDS or loser of Cain/Bigfoot. Likely however, he'll get another fight before that... likely vs a top 10 HW not mentioned already (Nelson, Barnett, Big Nog, Mir, Cormier). I expect him to be focused and get the win inside the distance.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
    X