Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 161: Evans vs Henderson Picks and Predictions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 161: Evans vs Henderson Picks and Predictions!

UFC 161: EVANS VS. HENDERSON, June 15th, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Fight Card
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
    Stipe Miocic vs. Roy Nelson
    Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
    Alexis Davis vs. Rosi Sexton
    Pat Barry vs. Shawn Jordan
    Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
    James Krause vs. Sam Stout
    Sean Pierson vs. Kenny Robertson
    Roland Delorme vs. Edwin Figueroa
    Mitch Clarke vs. John Maguire
    Yves Jabouin vs. Dustin Pague

Really hoping Evans/Hendo isn't like Machida/Hendo as a three-round snoozer of a fight where Hendo keeps advancing, and Machida/Evans keeps dodging in and out. I think Evans looked very tentative the last few fights, and probably doesn't have the lateral movement that Machida has to pull it off. Evans's wrestling plays right into Dan's defensive wrestling style where he can then work off the clinch after defending the takedown. I'm excited for that one. Miocic vs Nelson is interesting with Roy pining for title contention as he's riffled off a few wins in a row. Miocic can bang and has some power, but good luck with that iron chin of Roy's. I see a TKO stoppage ITD. Jimmo looked pretty good last time out, and Pokrajac is a tough veteran, but Jimmo is on a roll here. I know nothing of the woman's fight. Barry Jordan is fight that has some intrigue here. For most analysts, they have Barry as a gatekeeper - someone who's got skills but is outmatched by the top competition - I see that here, but I don't know Jordan will be up for the task. Shields vs Woodley is interesting because Shields coming over from Strikeforce as the first fighter to do so, really hasn't lived up to the hype train. he's a solid and crafty veteran though, but I think the younger and talented man wins here - Woodley by decision. More in the morning.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X