Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva 2 Picks and Predictions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva 2 Picks and Predictions!!!

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II, December 28th, Las Vegas, NV

Fight Card
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva
    Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate
    Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
    Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
    Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier
    Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
    Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
    Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
    Siyar Bahadurzada vs. John Howard
    William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
    Estevan Payan vs. Robert Peralta

Omg what a huge card we have here tonight, and I think we have some tasty dogs.

Weidman R1 TKO over Silva
    Rousey R2 submission over Tate
    Browne decision over Barnett
    Miller R1 TKO over Camoes
    Poirier decision over Brandao
    Hall R2 TKO over Leben
    Johnson R1 TKO over Tibau
    Gamburyan decision over Siver
    Bahadurzada decision over Howard
    Voelker decision over Macario
    Peralta R1 TKO over Payan

I think Silva is the GOAT, no doubt, but I just don't see him winning this fight. I do not believe that "he back," this time. However, if I am wrong, we will see Weidman out like Chael Sonnen 2 and Stephan Bonnar. I think Silva retires after this fight regardless of the way it ends. I see Weidman as the heir to the throne, and I don't see him giving it up. He'll likely take this fight even more cautious and take Silva down, ground and pound R1.

Lots of controversy between Rousey/Tate drummed up on The Ultimate Fighter. Tate knows that's the only way she'll be able to get an advantage over Rousey - she's just the weaker fighter. I think Liz Carmouche gave the women's division a little help and a bit of an eye-opener with her last fight, but Rousey is just better in all facets of the game. I don't think Rousey needs to use her striking, but I do believe because of the bad blood - she will. Tate likely brings the fight to the second round, but that's a moral victory and Rousey finishes in the second. I think if an arm-bar comes, there might be a little bit of extra torque. Rousey R2 submission over Tate.

Browne Barnett is an interesting fight. I think Travis Browne is most equipped in the HW division to challenge Cain. He's got some KO power, wrestling background, can scramble well. Josh Barnett is a gritty veteran with some sick sick wrestling, but you better believe Browne's not going to fight like Frank Mir and allow himself to get dirty boxed up against the cage. Browne should use his length well and avoid being caught.

Other notes: I have been a anyone-but-Uriah-Hall fan lately, betting both John Howard and Kelvin Gastelum, but this is a fight he can win. Chris Leben is still fighting because he loves fighting, but watching his last fights, he's running on fumes. He has that crazy zombie like chin that keeps coming at you, but even as his biggest strength, it's sure dwindling. Those long sweeping overhands aren't going to be able to land on the longer quicker fighter. Hall should use his length and jab and KO Leben coming in. That being said, Hall is not a smart fighter, at all.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Straight bets:

Manny Gamburyan over Dennis Siver +210
    Michael Johnson over Gleison Tibau +120
    Travis Browne over Josh Barnett +160
    Chris Weidman over Anderson Silva +133
    One unit each
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
    X