Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 173: Barao vs Dillashaw Picks and Predictions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 173: Barao vs Dillashaw Picks and Predictions!!!

UFC 173, May 24th, Las Vegas, Nevada

Fight Card
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Renan Barao vs. T.J. Dillashaw
    Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Robbie Lawler
    Takeya Mizugaki vs. Francisco Rivera
    James Krause vs. Jamie Varner
    Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo
    Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
    Chico Camus vs. Chris Holdsworth
    Mitch Clarke vs. Al Iaquinta
    Anthony Njokuani vs. Vinc Pichel
    Aaron Phillips vs. Sam Sicilia
    Jingliang Li vs. David Michaud

First thoughts on the undercard:

Sam Sicilia lost three of the last four, 2-3 in the UFC with his wins vs Cristiano Marcello (not a fighter, but a great coach), and Godofredo Pepey (very inconsistent). Though I don't know much about Aaron Philips. Njokuani vs Pichel looks like a great striking matchup. Love to see Iaquinta win another if he can - seems like a great athlete to me, but not superb at any one facet of MMA. Holdsworth will have a real test in Camus here as a veteran and almost a gatekeeper of the division. Chiesa vs Trinaldo will be interesting to be sure... Chiesa obv known for his ground game and ability to finish but Trinaldo is no slouch, and showed his all-around game vs Gleison Tibau. Krause vs Varner has a young up and comer vs a vet of the sport. I really hope the potential of Ellenberger vs Lawler holds up to the fireworks we think this could be!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

As you guys know, I'm a big Hendo fan. Though he's a huge dog in this fight, I think it's warranted. Obviously he's going to be a legit one-punch KO threat, i think we've seen so much from DC to say he's going to pick his shots ala Cain Velazquez and hit from the outside, get Dan to put his hands up and dirty box up along the cage. The one worry I have for DC (and hope Hendo pulls off), is early in the first couple of rounds might be fresh, stop the clench and as they're breaking, land a hook similar to Shogun 2. Otherwise I think Cormier's wrestling is really too good at this point, coupled with his cardio
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
    X