Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida Picks and Predictions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 175: Weidman vs Machida Picks and Predictions!!!

UFC 175, July 5th, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Fight Card
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida
    Ronda Rousey vs. Alexis Davis
    Matt Mitrione vs. Stefan Struve
    Uriah Hall vs. Thiago "Marreta" Santos
    Marcus Brimage vs. Russell Doane
    Alex Caceres vs. Urijah Faber
    Ildemar Alcantara vs. Kenny Robertson
    Chris Camozzi vs. Bruno Santos
    Rob Font vs. George Roop
    Guilherme Vasconcelos vs. Luke Zachrich
    Kevin Casey vs. William "Bubba" Bush

Don't have much thought on the main event. Weidman is talented as heck, but Lyoto definitely has faced a tougher set of opponents. Anderson took Weidman lightly first fight, and fluke second fight. Definitely NOT discrediting him, because he's very good fighter, just not sure how he does against someone like Lyoto. I know Machida's style doesn't seem to match well up against Weidman (nor anyone, for that matter), and I think if Machida is somehow able to get into Chris's head, he'll prob get countered to death. That being said, hope it's a nice violent finish or great war.

Co-main event... clear that Rousey wants to up her striking and has been working on that more. However, Davis has a heck of a chin and is a plodder. I think Rousey will get frustrated that Davis isn't going down due to strikes, and will try to take her down. Sub R2.

Other fight that gets me is the Bruce Leeroy vs Faber fight.. So weird to have a non-title fight with odds like that, and I guess I'm a sucker? I know the UFC seems to like Alex Caceres, because he has some flashes of complete dominance and is sometimes technically great, but then you have some WTF moments... Yes, I know Faber is practically unbeatable in non-title fights, but how does the Duane Ludwig-leaving issue leave Team Alpha Male? Is that even a legit argument now? I just need to take a chance on Caceres at those odds because I know if I don't, he'll catch. Props to the other poster about Alex's issue to get into rear-naked...

Lastly, will always bet against Uriah Headcase Hall. Guy, get a killer instinct!!! Santos is flashy and is going to be able to catch Hall. Not a bulldog like John Howard, but able to be aggressive enough like Weidman was over Hall.

Kenny Robertson +105 over Ildemar Alcantara
    Alex Caceres +650 over Urijah Faber
    Thiago Santos +350 over Uriah Hall

Stefan Struve over Matt Mitrione
    Chris Weidman over Lyoto Machida +152

Could definitely go 0-4. ha.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

WSOF 11:

Dennis Hallman +250 over Jon Fitch

Because I hate Jon Fitch
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
    X