Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 182: Jones vs Cormier Picks and Predictions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 182: Jones vs Cormier Picks and Predictions!!!

UFC 182, January 3rd, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier
    Donald Cerrone vs Myles Jury
    Nate Marquardt vs Brad Tavares
    Kyoji Horiguchi vs Louis Gaudinot
    Hector Lombard vs Josh Burkman
    Danny Castillo vs Paul Felder
    Marcus Brimage vs Cody Garbrandt
    Shawn Jordan vs Jared Cannonier
    Evan Dunham vs Rodrigo Damm
    Omary Akmedov vs Mats Nilsson
    Alexis Dufresne (w) vs Marion Reneau (w)

Wanted to talk about the main event a little bit and give us all a long time to discuss. I have said for the last year, right when Cormier went from HW to LHW, if he got a title shot, I would put the largest MMA bet of my life on him (20 units). I was hoping at the time for +300 and in fact it's far, far less of it. I believe the line opened at +145 and think it's been as high as +175 but now sits at +150.

I feel Cormier's wrestling is absolutely no joke and that Bones won't be able to deal with it. I know that Bones wrestling and upper body strength is likely stronger than Cormier, but I believe Cormier's lower body propels him win the wrestling and clinch battle. Jones tends to do a lot of damage from the clinch when his opponents struggle to take him down, and continue to try (and fail). Jones separates and you see those elbows and knees. On the feet, Cormier has that KO power that we all look for a champion, Bones - while his striking is arguably the most diverse in the division - he does NOT have that KO power in his hands. Cormier has a pretty decent chin, and we know Jones can be hurt - Machida, Belfort I believe, and certainly Gustaffson. I believe Cormier KOs each of those guys.

Hoping you guys can help me out with reading the line as it gets closer to fight time - when do I pull the trigger? In this matchup, is the line going to go up for Jones and increase my value?

Also, like Omari Akhmedov, Evan Dunham, Hector Lombard, Kyoji Horiguchi, and cannot wait for Cerrone/Jury fight!!!

So far:

Daniel Cormier +135 over Jon Jones for ten units
    Omari Akhmedov -165 over Mats Nilsson to win two units
    Alexis Dufresne -200 over Marion Reneau for two units
    Cody Garbrandt +150 over Marcus Brimmage for one unit

Good luck guys!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X