No announcement yet.

Ufc 68

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v3 another thing iam thinking of having my winning card printed on some nice paper and framed,,,lol..... hope i can repeat it this weekend,,but somehow i doubt it!!!!

Comment

Good looking out.

Ya, that parlay with the 2 dogs was something else. What a night of upsets huh.

I would love to see how the public is responding to Jason MacDonalds +400

Comment

v3 ( hendy,diaz,trigg) three dogs:) the canadian will be on a few of my cards!! with jason you know he will bring it!!! he wont lay down for anyone,,,franklin best bring his A game and i do hope his nose it up to it.....i have yet to see a nose located where silva placed his!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

EddieP if I had that card, I would definately get it printed on some fancy paper and frame that baby! I told my buddies about it at work, they love dogs and they couldnt believe it. I know your ass was on cloud 9 when hendo finished off wanderli to make that card a winner. I know I would of been jumping off the damn couch!! I hope you can repeat that this weekend, just dont see the dogs barking at UFC 68?? man I cant wait. You know they are having the weigh ins live tomorrow night on Spike. Interesting to see what weight Randy comes in at?

Comment

Randy is a true HW, he won't have a problem with the weight. He moved to LHW after getting beaten by Barnett (who tested positive right after). I was at that UFC (36-Worlds Collide), it was nuts. I was amazed how easily Barnett beat Randy, but after he tested positive it was fairly obvious. Ha, then he went to Japan where they aren't as strict. I'm not really looking at it as a step up in weight becuase he fought the majority of his career at Heavy.

Comment

Agreed, the thing is doesnt Tim have to cut a little just to make the 265 limit? lets say Randy comes in at a comfortable 220, 225? Man that is still 40 pounds difference. I just think its going to be too much! As much as Big tim looks like he should gas, he really doesnt. Probably due to the fact that he doesn't push the action, Its a great fight no matter how you look at it so I cant wait.

Comment

mike yes i should get that card mounted lmfao!!! if i only knew that one was a winner!!! i had three cards alive going into the main event,,was nice to know,,that no matter what happened i would win something....and then hendy pulled it off,,,just about jumped out of my skin!!! wow what a rush,,,,i placed all my bets friday night,,,i was not o sound mind when i put them in either..........gonna try to do the same thing this friday..........as far as tim and randy,, will have them both,,,but i think tim is just too big for randy period....but then again i said that about wandy and hendy:) the name of the game is mix and match!!!!!!! dont bet all the same guys,,you just never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I look at it like this.

Randy needs to grind out a decision.
                  So he needs to win 3 out of the 5 rounds.
                  Even though he can box, he won't be able to close the distance very well.
                  To win 3 out of the 5, he needs to take Timmy down twice a round to G&P.

Can he take Tim down 5 or 6 times? Hopefully...

Comment

03/02/2007
                    UFC 68 Official Weigh-In ResultsOfficial Weights – UFC 68

Main Event – UFC Heavyweight Championship
                    Tim Sylvia (263) vs Randy Couture (222.5)

Rich Franklin (185) vs Jason MacDonald (183.5)
                    Matt Hughes(171) vs Chris Lytle (169)
                    Jason Lambert (204) vs Renato Sobral (204)
                    Drew McFedries (185) vs Martin Kampmann (185.5)
                    Rex Holman (205) vs Matt Hamill (202.5)
                    Jon Fitch (171) vs Luigi Fioravanti (171)
                    Gleison Tibau (155.5) vs Jason Dent (156)
                    Jason Gilliam (155.5) vs Jamie Varner (155.5)

Here is the official weights if your interested.

Comment

I'm taking the sucker bet and going to go with Couture +217. This is definitely a partial homer play but the fact is Sylvia trained with Couture at Team Quest a few times, and Couture "would have destroyed" Sylvia, according to Matt Lindland.

I realize times have changed, but I have faith in Couture saying that: "For the first two weeks, I was like 'Holy cow' what have I signed up for. But the last four weeks have been spectacular. I'm dealing with the size and weight differential."

I know Couture has since kind of gone Hollywood (who wouldn't?), but I can't help to believe he'll beat the "big doofus" as Lindland calls Sylvia.
                      “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Lindland might be a bit biased but you have to respect his opinion. I could see Randy just staying busy enough to out point the "big Doofus", thats comedy. If Randy can avoid the big K.O. punch he has a shot with a ton of heart. This one is too close for me to call, I just hope its a good fight. GOOD LUCK BlazerAndy!

Comment

no doubt anything can happen,,nogera showed us that last week,,2400 buck fav and he gets starched in 30 seconds!!!!!!!!! i still say tim will knock randy out,,if randy comes in wanting to fight,,,i think he walks into something bad,,tim can sprawl fairly decent,will be interesting to see if randy can take tim down,,,,,aa is an animal he had tim on queer street,,,,down on the ground and tim pops back up and flattens andre...........if he connects solid on randy while standing there wont be any need to finish him,,,randy will be sleeping like a baby.....i hope iam wrong as i would love to see randy win,,,, just dont like him in this spot..........munson i think is much stronger than randy,,,,he couldnt do nothing with tim on the ground........i will be on both guys.........cant bet all the favs you ll go broke...........speaking of which i lost the farm yesterday........now i need to talk the wifey into using her cc:) i have 6 parlays in right now,,would like to put a few more in.........matt hughes should be an easy winner,babalu looks pretty good as well........franklin i think will have trouble,wouldnt be surprsied if he gets beat.,,gez franklin looks beat up already at the weigh in........so my picks are tim,hughes,sobral ..........would take a chance with jason over franklin,he wont be fighting nate cory sat night..........the name of the game is mix and match....................:beerbang:

Comment

here is the weigh in video, Good Stuff!

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=vide....home&gid=4667

hope it goes through

Comment

im not getting it to play but you can go to the UFC site and try. Yea franklin already has a black eye...LOL!

Comment

Im going with the following:

babalu
                                rich franklin
                                matt hughes

I like Matt Hammil but Im still not convinced. I want to watch this one and see if Tito Ortiz has taught him any ground game yet. I think Tim Sylvia pulls it out but i wont put any money on it. Im just excited to actually see how these guys match up in the cage. I just want to watch the fight and enjoy it without the stress of having action on it.
                                GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!

Hope to hear from you guys after the fights!

Comment

Working...
                                X