No announcement yet.

Boxing Triple Header : 7-14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't know much about Gomez but you're picking him to beat the FAR MORE experienced fighter in Arturo Gatti?!?

I like Gomez, but there is no way in hell I'd pick him over Gatti. Gatti might be old, but he still is quite fast, and in my opinion is too skilled for Gomez.

Comment

gatti is at the end of the road,one tough sob but his best days are behind him...i love his style and his heart but he is done....the 3 wars with ward took alot out of him, mayweather really punished him,that said mayweather punished alot of guys,,,, but that was the wrong guy for him to fight at this stage of his career....talk about being fed to the lions.....i would expect gatti to win vs a guy i never heard of,,but it wouldnt surprise me if he lost.........i just made up my mind for sure,i wont be betting anything on sat.........good luck v3 i hope you make some jing:beerbang: this guy is going to be drinking chimay out by the fire,i might peek through the window now and then to check out the action:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
        You don't know much about Gomez but you're picking him to beat the FAR MORE experienced fighter in Arturo Gatti?!?

I like Gomez, but there is no way in hell I'd pick him over Gatti. Gatti might be old, but he still is quite fast, and in my opinion is too skilled for Gomez.

Damn yukon, it seems like we agree on just about everything but Tito?...LOL!! Yea, like I said in my post, Gatti's experience SHOULD be too much for Gomez. I think Arturo outworks him for the decision but we will see!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!:beerbang:

Comment

I don't have to know much about him, I just know Gatti has nothing left in him. I wouldn't be shocked if Gatti got KO'd in this.

Eddie-Just combine the money you wold put on your 7 or 8 play parlays and just lay it on one MMA fighter. My suggestion anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
            I don't have to know much about him, I just know Gatti has nothing left in him. I wouldn't be shocked if Gatti got KO'd in this.

Eddie-Just combine the money you wold put on your 7 or 8 play parlays and just lay it on one MMA fighter. My suggestion anyways...

Some good advice there for sure. Parlays are tempting in certain situations (like when there are alot of big favorites).

I refuse to believe Gatti has nothing left in him. Baldomir worked him, but Baldomir would WRECK Gomez. Gomez is stepping up from peewee baseball, to the major league in this fight.

Comment

Gomez is stepping up in class, but Gatti is fighting at Gomez's weight class. Gatti has had only a couple fights at 147 and he can't carry the weight very well at all.

Look, I know I look like a shmuck taking Gomez over Gatti. Just let me roll with it and bag on me later :glass:

Comment

Cintron KO Round 2

There's 1 :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
                  Some good advice there for sure. Parlays are tempting in certain situations (like when there are alot of big favorites).
                  I don't have any stats, but as long as MMA has been taking bets, I can only recall ONE time when all the faves won. You will always have the -300 or greater fighter get upset, which can throw your parlay down the drain. The last 2 years have had so many "upsets" which led people to believe anything can happen in MMA, it is just not stable ground to play on, but hey...neither is boxing. Which is why to me it makes it the hardest sports to cap. After it's all said and done you have the corner men throwing in towels, biased refs, robberies by the judges, doctors stopping fights when the fighter wants to go on...it's just way too risky to count on multiple fights to come through.

That's why I take it one fight at a time. The most I will do is take the fighter as well as the Over/Under, in the same fight. Other than that, I personally don't have the confidence to play heavy parlays. I've seen Eddie hit parlays though, a nice one not too long ago. When it hits, it hits big.

Comment

v3 with as many as i play im bound to hit a few:nuts: i always take shots with the dogs,the payouts are huge if they come in......most times they dont but stranger things have happened.........damn heath herring for 5 bucks cost me over 800 beans,,the sad part is he had the fight won,nogera didnt know what the **** hit him,just laying there and heath didnt go for the kill.......i just dont get it...........did citron look good??? he was a heavy fav......... right now my wife has control of the tube:bang: just finished some painting in the kitchen............. hope your other two hit for you v3,,atleast one of us will make some money tonight, i didnt do anything since i have nothing in my account right now.................

Comment

just got the tv back,,damn gatti is getting his ass kicked:beerbang: lets go gomez:beerbang:

Comment

Ya, if it were anyone other than Nog they would have stopped it. You got ripped on that one. That's what I mean though, too much politics.

Cintron looked solid. Pretty brutal KO. Knocked him down at the end of the first. Another in the second, and then just straight KO'd him. Pretty bad.

Gatti is getting schooled right now. Gomez up 4 rounds to none. If the next couple look like the 4th someone is going to step in and stop it. Gatti is a warrior but he is getting tagged.
                        Last edited by V3r1f13d; 07-14-2007, 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

down goes gatti:beerbang: :beerbang: thats 2 v3

Comment

Gomez KO 7

And that's 2... :beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

like i said in an earlier thread gatti s best days are behind him,,like max said if gomez had any kind of power gatti would have been done awhile ago......... v3 your going for the hat trick:beerbang:

Comment

way to go v3:beerbang: nice call:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X