Vernon Forrest vs. Carlos Baldomir

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Forrest vs. Carlos Baldomir

Baldormir. The guy put up a good fight against Mayweather, made Judah look ordinary, and destroyed Gatti. Baldomir as a dog on this one is a steal in my opinion. His record shows losses, but he has lost once in what, 9 years now? Forrest had his only claim to fame against Mosley, lost twice to Mayroga and got a gift against Ike and kind of melted away from there. So ya, Carlos B on this one.

HAHA, YA RIGHT!!!!!!!
    The VIPER B*TCHES!!!!!!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Small write up to come later. Just thought I would start this one off with a little joke, just like the close opening lines (-140/+110).

I think Tata is going to take Forrest apart. I dont play boxing much, but I may have to lay some on him as a Dog.:beerbang:Plus Mayroga is a joke and anyone that can go down to him sucks.
    Last edited by birdsfan5; 07-25-2007, 12:34 AM.
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

v3 agreed i think forrest is closer to the top of the hill than Baldormir........think he stops forrest if he can stop him from running for a few moments...........

Comment

I was just joking Eddie (read below first paragraph), I'm on Forrest.

Baldomir can't bum rush him all day. Forrest is faster, more skilled, taller, longer reach, the whole 9. Baldomir can't outbox him in the middle of the ring, not in a million years. He needs to do what he did to Zab, put him in the corner and up against the ropes. I would be surprised if Baldomir won more than 4 rounds, very suprised actually. Forrest is going to dance all night.

Even if he doesnt, did you see the gift they gave him over Ike Q? That was a robbery that acutally went in my favor. The ONLY thing that worries me is his shoulder (which never fully healed in my opinion) and his inactivity. Other than that, if he comes if a healthy shoulder and shakes the ring rust...Baldomir is going to look like an ESPN Tueday night fight undercard stepping stone. :)

Off Subject but....
        Today is my b-day (25th), turned 25.

Comment

Havent made up my mind on this one. Baldomir is tough, combine that with not trusting Forrest leaves me momentarily clueless?? :nuts:

CONGRATS ON THE GOLDEN BIRTHDAY V3! Hope you make the books give you a nice Bday gift with this fight!:beerbang: :beerbang: Drink one for the fourm!!

Almost forgot, its my son Tysons bday as well, little champ is 4 today.....Yes fellas, I named my son Tyson! It was 9 long months of arguing with his mom to get that. I used up all my bargining power for life....LOL!! Too bad I've changed his future plans to include the cage over the ring....LOL!!!
          Last edited by No1mikefan; 07-25-2007, 12:58 PM. Reason: almost forgot

Comment

v3 happy birthday:beerbang: gez your a youngster i had a birthday this month as well the big 44......... anyways yes i misunderstood you,i still like baldy,,,,,,,, guess we wait and see................:beerbang:

Comment

Ya, 25 is young...but I feel old. A quarter century.

I feel that Baldomir was a media hype. I really don't him winning. This is one of those fights where if I'm wrong, its back to the old drawing board. Well not that bad, but its a set back.

Comment

Originally posted by No1mikefan View Post
                Almost forgot, its my son Tysons bday as well, little champ is 4 today.....Yes fellas, I named my son Tyson! It was 9 long months of arguing with his mom to get that. I used up all my bargining power for life....LOL!! Too bad I've changed his future plans to include the cage over the ring....LOL!!!
                Sons bday is on the 25th? That's cool. She gave in on the name huh. I don't have any children but I used to always argue about that with girls I would date. I want to name my son after a ninja or a samurai, some type of mean japanese animated character...it never goes well with them.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                  Sons bday is on the 25th? That's cool. She gave in on the name huh. I don't have any children but I used to always argue about that with girls I would date. I want to name my son after a ninja or a samurai, some type of mean japanese animated character...it never goes well with them.
                  Yea, Her and her damn mom almost puked when I suggested it....But they knew how much it meant to me. Like I said, it took the WHOLE 9 months of basically begging for it......LOL!! Its all good, its a cool name and most people dont realize he's named after Mike. Everyone who knows me gets a kick out of it! Besides, what would you expect from the Number 1 Mike fan....:nuts:
                  Someday Ill catch Mike on the autograph circuit when he is about 60 and needs the money and get a picture of them together, then I can die happy!!

Good luck on the fight V3!!!!!!

Comment

VERNON FORREST -180
                    CARLOS MANUEL BALDOMIR +150

OK, what the hell happened?

I was cool with 140, but 180 and climbing?

Might have to parlay this with the over (11.5 -240)

Forrest on the Over sounds good. Just dont know how much yet...

Comment

Actually, forget that....here play this one:

GLEN JOHNSON -6000
                      FRED MOORE +2400

60 units to pay 1 smacker !!!

Just joking, obviously...

Comment

1.8 to pay 1 - Took Forrest Straight Up

Parlayed Forrest In The Over 1 To Pay 1.2

Total Play
                        2.8 to Win 2.2

Comment

GOOD LUCK V3! :beerbang:

Comment

GL V3. I am on the other side.

Baldomir +160 $300 to win $480
                            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                              GL V3. I am on the other side.

Baldomir +160 $300 to win $480
                              It's cool, I wish you luck as well.

Do you think Baldomir can get the KO? I think that's his best chance at winning the fight. If Forrest can't slip out of the ropes or corner he will get tagged with thudding shots all night.

We should be able to tell within the first 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X