Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Tennis Picks 10/18

Lopez -165:

After a horrible start Lopez comfortably dispatched of ferrer serving very well and even hitting a few outright backhand winners (unheard of for him). He played the big points very well infront of the home crowd and seemed very focus and composed. Koubek on the other hand had what would seem like a very good win against Ljubicic. Ljubicic, however, was reportedly ill and seemed very sluggish (specially in the first set). Ljubicic dictated and controlled play once he got his feet under him, and he squandered many chances in the 3rd set. Koubek also showed signs of fatigue near the end of the match. Look for Lopez to not make as many errors as Ljubicic and take out Koubek in straights.

Ancic -135:

Ancic is playing his best tennis since returning. He is serving unbelievable and really really wants to win. Mathieu has played alot of tennis and is in good form. He beat gasquet, but that was mostly because gasquet decided to stand 15 feet behind the baseline and let mathieu dominated. Ancic will not let this happen, he is plays a similar game to Fish (who gave mathieu a run for his money) but is in much better form and has a better all around game.

These are the two I really like.

Also I have a lean toward Murray. He is playing spectacular and should give possibly rusty Nadal a true test.

Ancic won handily :beerbang: :beerbang:. He is playing so well and is very determined, I know that doesn't sound like great analysis but if you watch his matches you just get the feeling it is going to take a great performance to beat him.

Going to take these two but in smaller stakes then Ancic and Lopez.

Murray +150 v. Nadal
    Karlovic -120 v. Kiefer (I'm impressed with the form of both these players, but a little more so karlovic. Also the surface suits him a little better and kiefer has a very bad tiebreak record.

GL.

Comment

It appears we agreed today.

I for one like Rafa Nadal today. He is finally healthy which is a plus, plus he is playing in front of his home country. All the spainiards seem to be playing well here.

Here's my picks for the rest of the day.

Feliciano Lopez -170 He owns a 4-2 heads up record, plus as stated Koubek really didn't play well yesterday but still won and Lopez won in 2 sets.

Rafa Nadal -165 He is finally healthy after taking a long break and playing in his home country

Patty Schnyder -210 She was killinng Serena before Serena retired from the match while Schiavone have to wait until the 3rd set for Dementieva to retire. Schiavone is up 4-3 in head to head and they have split the last two in 3 set battles. It's Patty's turn today to win.

Kuznetsova - 550 She is playing realling well right now and owns of 4-0 heads up record vs Bammer. It doesn't stop today.

Comment

Nice day so far! GL the rest of the way.
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by djmd31 View Post
          It appears we agreed today.

I for one like Rafa Nadal today. He is finally healthy which is a plus, plus he is playing in front of his home country. All the spainiards seem to be playing well here.

Here's my picks for the rest of the day.

Feliciano Lopez -170 He owns a 4-2 heads up record, plus as stated Koubek really didn't play well yesterday but still won and Lopez won in 2 sets.

Rafa Nadal -165 He is finally healthy after taking a long break and playing in his home country

Patty Schnyder -210 She was killinng Serena before Serena retired from the match while Schiavone have to wait until the 3rd set for Dementieva to retire. Schiavone is up 4-3 in head to head and they have split the last two in 3 set battles. It's Patty's turn today to win.

Kuznetsova - 550 She is playing realling well right now and owns of 4-0 heads up record vs Bammer. It doesn't stop today.

Good call on Rafa. Pretty high quality match, but Rafa was just more determined and came through on the big points. I really wish Murray would stay aggressive for the whole match he really has all the shots. Murray had his chances but Rafa is such a fighter.

Lopez is up a set and a break, so looks like i'll go 2-2 today. Atleast I won my bigger wagers so still a good.

BTW that Kuznetsova bet must have been very stressful, glad you sneaked through.

Comment

Going to take a hard look at Ancic +240 tomorrow vs. Djokovic. Djokovic has won 2 three setters and isn't in his best form. He really seems to step up his game when he has too though, so I'm undecided but I'll probably put a small play on Ancic - Djokovic might even be a little fatigued.

What do you guys think, also which way do you think the line is going to move in the next 12 hours?

Comment

You can't even Imagine the stuff coming out of my mouth, sitting at my desk. I had her in all 3 of my parlays that were still open with her being the last one needed for the win. She lost 5 of her first 7 service games. Thank god she pulled through.

I'm with you on Ancic, but he's already down to +160 and before I finished writing this he's back up to +230. I'll take him small probably. I'm also looking at Fernando Gonazales again today at -115. He's looked good so far and needs to win to get to Shanghai as he's currently 7th in the ATP race and with a good showing he could guarantee himself a spot.

I also kinda like Marian Bartoli +200 over Golovin. Golovin has been playing well, but so has Bartoli. Should be a close match. I haven't decided yet which way I'm gonna go, if I go any way.

And of course I like Nadal, Henin and Federer too.

Comment

Working...
              X