Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open Mens QF >>>

Andy Roddick +134 vs Djokovic

Djokovic is a bit banged up, looks a tad tired, and is coming off two straight tough matches (a 5-setter and a very long 4 setter). He has not looked dominant. It took all he had to get to the QF, IMO...and I think Roddick will be too much in this one...as Andy seems to be playing great, only losing one set all tourney. 3rd seed goes down.

100 bucks.
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-04-2008, 11:28 AM.

JML- GL!....Roddick is king choke, though. You have to go back a long ways to find a guy with that much talent who has underachieved as much as he has. But hope he comes to play today for you....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I bet the over in this match. Djokovic is on another level in terms of skill. Djokovic might be a bit tired but definitely not injured. The injury factor is his MO. Djokovic uses medical timeouts on purpose to fluster his opponents rhythm. Andy certainly has the ability to pull off an upset but this is an amazing price for a much better player. I think Djokovic has something like a 65% return rate against Andy which somewhat negates Andy's serve. Once this match gets into rallies it's all Djokovic. Good Luck and I hope Andy hits it for you. I have the Over 41 games so I'm hoping for a 4 or 5 setter.

Comment

****ty that Over41 didn't hit for you CS. But that's Roddick for you....

maybe im being harsh on Roddick and maybe he really is just a pretty average men's tennis player. dude really has no game outside of his serve. i mean once the ball is in play he might as well be the 121st ranked player in the world. dude comes to the net at the wrong times.....can't tell you how many volleys he just sent right back to Dickheadovic on a tee for an easy passing shot.....he seemingly just disappears at times too....i mean up 30-0 and serving for the 4th set and he smacks a careless forehand out and then double faults twice....:dunno:........that has been his M.O. his whole career.

i guess we were just really spoiled as americans with guys like sampras, agassi, chang and even a guy like todd martin. now we're stuck with the perennial underachievers in blake and roddick....or maybe they just really aren't that great which is an indictment on men's tennis in the US. I thought Fish played about the best tennis he could and is the one american that i think can leave holding his head high.

but that is exactly why i would never lay cash on Roddick in a big match...........he should have taken that to 5 sets......:puke:.....
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

You couldn't have been more right, FF...Roddick is a douche.
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-05-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X