Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATP - Brisbane, Doha & Chennai (1/4 - 1/11)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP - Brisbane, Doha & Chennai (1/4 - 1/11)

Brisbane International - Brisbane, Australia - Outdoors, Hard

Brisbane International Tennis Tournament - Australian Open Series

ExxonMobil Qatar Open 2009 - Doha, Qatar - Outdoors, Hard

Qatar ExxonMobil Open - Doha 2009

Chennai Open Tennis Championships - Chennai, India - Outdoors, Hard

Chennai Open Tennis Championships '09

Good Luck to All!!!!

I know it's early we still have two weeks till the kickoff of the '09 season but since things are quieting down in my office as the holiday season is ending I figured it's time to kickstart these threads. Hopefully I'll try and duplicate these threads for most of the tournaments but pending on time we'll see...Best of luck to everyone!!!!:thumbs:

Brisbane:

Brisbane features and impressive list of players with the likes of Djokovic, Tsonga, Verdasco, Gasquet, Anic, Mathieu, Stepanek, Baghdatis and Berdych. I didn't even the mention the likes of young guys and players with upset potential like Gulbis, Nishikori, Fish & Querrey. Should be a great week in Brisbane with top quailty players arriving in this 32 player field.

Favorites: Djokovic, Djokovic and Djokovic. Djokovic should win this tourney. There are players that can threaten him here especially since it's the first week of the season and upsets are inevitable but Djokovic should be too good for anyone in this tourney.

Doha:

Wow, Wow, Wow...Doha features a great list of players with Nadal, Federer, Roddick and Murray topping the list. This tourney will come down to the battle of Nadal vs. Federer but there are many other top quality guys. Roddick and Murray are capable of beating anyone on this surface and guys like Kohlschreiber, Andreev, Tursunov and Youzhny can get deep as well. I think the top 8 guys in this tourney are clearly a step above the rest of the field. After you get past Youzhny the rest of the field I don't see causing too many issues with the top guys.

Favorites: Nadal, Federer and Murray. I don't see Roddick contending for the title here but Nadal, Federer and Murray are clearly the favorites as we'll see those three battle it out all season for the top spots.

Chennai:

Chennai boasts the weakest field of the 3 this week. Davydenko, Wawrinka, Cilic, Karlovic, Tisparevic, Moya and Ljubicic should all be fighting for the title. Dayvdenko has to be the favorite here. This tourney we could see lots of upsets. The field is full of guys with upset potential and guys that play up and down tennis.

Favorites: Davydenko, Wawwrinka and Karlovic. I see these three as being the clear favorites in this tourney. Davydenko with his consistency, Wawrinka with his all around play and Karlovic with his serve. Outside of those 3 there are potentials but I don't think in the end it'll happen.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

I forgot to add the Exhibition tourney's which are starting tomorrow morning.

Capitala World Tennis Championships - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Outdoors, Hard

Capitala World Tennis Championship | Home

From 1/1 - 1/3

Hyundai Hopman Cup - Perth, Australia - Outdoors, Hard

Hyundai Hopman Cup (Official Mixed Teams Competition of the International Tennis Federation) :: Home

From 1/3 - 1/9

The Capitala Exhibition features Nadal, Federer, Roddick, Murray, Davydenko and Blake. A very impressive field. Nadal and Federer are both automatically in the semifinals while Roddick will face Davydenko and Murray will face Blake in the quarters. The Hopman Cup is usually a pretty good exhibition. It's a team competition with one men and one women from each participating country. Each play singles then the men and women team up for doubles. Favorites are France, USA, Australia, Russia and Italy. For the US Shaughnessy although on the downside of her career has always had good results in the past at the Hopman Cup. I do like the tandem of Cornet and Simon. Both are excellent young players.

Team Lists:

USA

Meghann Shaughnessy
      James Blake

Russia

Dinara Safina
      Marat Safin

France

Alize Cornet
      Gilles Simon

Australia

Casey Dellacqua
      Lleyton Hewitt

Italy

Flavia Pennetta
      Simone Bolelli

Germany

Sabine Lisicki
      Nicolas Kiefer

Slovak Republic

Dominika Cibulkova
      Dominik Hrbaty

Chinese Taipei

Su-Wei Hsieh
      Yen-Hsun Lu

Comment

Thursday

Abu Dhabi

10* Andy Roddick (+100) Over Nikolay Davydenko - 6:00 AM

First off this is an exhibition match so motivation is always a question mark. Still Andy Roddick has always taken the exhibition season seriously winning the Kooyong Classic which starts in a couple of weeks the last three years. The beginning of this season is extra important for Andy as he starts a new campaign with a new head coach in Larry Stefanki. Andy has been training hard this December practicing with former NCAA champ and newly gone professional Somdev devarman and participating in charity events. Davydenko traditionally starts the season a bit slower and builds up as the season goes on. Andy holds a 5-1 edge over Nikolay but Davydenko won last year's matchup in two easy sets. There really is no major motivation here for either player. I just think Andy has a bit more to play for given he's been working with a new coach and given Andy's track record in exhibitions I believe he shouldn't be the dog here.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Roddick lost 4-6, 4-6

ATP: 0-1 (-10 units)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Saturday

Abu Dhabi

10* Rafael Nadal (-160) Over Andy Murray - 8:00 AM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Nadal lost 4-6, 7-5, 3-6

Great start to the season!

ATP: 0-2 (-26 units)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

good luck on the tournies this week and the whole season
                ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Thanks Dan...You as well!!!!:thumbs:

Saturday

Brisbane

10* Robby Ginepri (-145) Over Julien Bennteau - 11:15 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

That was an annoying match by Ginepri. Ginepri lead 6-3, and up a break in then 2nd at 3-2 and goes on to drop 4 straight games.

Ginepri lost 6-3, 3-6, 5-7

ATP: 0-3 (-40.5 units)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Sunday

Hopman Cup

4* Lleyton Hewitt (-155) Over Nicolas Kiefer - 9:45 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Monday

Doha

7* Sergiy Stakhovsky (-140) Over Christophe Rochus - 9:00 AM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Stakhovsky won 2-6, 6-3, 7-6!!!!
                          Hewitt won 6-7, 6-3, 6-2!!!!

ATP: 2-3 (-29.5 units)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Tuesday

Brisbane

4* Kei Nishikori (-155) Over Bobby Reynolds - 12:15 AM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Tuesday

Doha

10* Arnaud Clement (-375) Over Diego Junqueira - 7:30 AM

Chennai

5* Andreas Beck (-145) Over Roko Karanusic - 6:30 AM

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X