ATP Open Seat Barcelona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP Open Seat Barcelona

I agree we need some more tennis on Predictem. So I'm going to make an attempt to cap a little bit and see what we can come up with. Input is welcome. Focusing on the Open Seat in Barcelona this week.

Pick 1: R. Soderling (SWE) -170 to win 5 units

Soderling seems like a solid pick here. Soderling has 2.53 aces to ever double fault while Gaudio has 4.21 double faults for every ace. Gaudio has a double fault in one out of every two games while Soderling averages over one ace per service game and a double fault one out of every five games. Soderling has won 82% of his service games while Gaudio has only won 54% of his service games. Soderling is saving 15% more of his service games than Gaudio and faced just one break point every other game while Gaudio faces almost one break point her game. Combine the number of break oppotunities with the fact that Soderling converts almost 45% of his break points and this should be a fairly easy win.

Pick 2: M. Safin (RUS) -400 to win 5 units

Not a whole lot of logic here. Just a discrepency of talent.

Pick 3: N. Almagro (ESP) -800 to win 5 units

Same as pick 2. Completely different levels of talent.

Pick 4: D. Sanguinetti (ITA) +300 to win 5 units

Very similar year to date stats between these two. The biggest difference is Sanguinetti is quite a bit older. If this one goes long this could become a factor, but I see Sanguinetti having a much better than a 3-1 shot here. I think it's more of a 50/50 match.

Good luck tonight.
    Last edited by yankees07; 04-24-2007, 01:22 AM.

2/4 not too bad mate - very unlucky with the Safin play - The one thing about Safin is he is the most unreliable bloke to bet on - when he is playing on clay. Good Luck with tomorrows matches - I'll try to post 3-4 tomorrow as well.
    Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

Comment

Working...
    X