Ang's CFL (Week 1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ang's CFL (Week 1)

It's that time of year again! The CFL absolutely kicked my ass last year. Hopefully we don't see the same this year...but until I start winning something, fade me!

BC -1 -110, 2 units
    I don't think BC will be as good as they were last year, but I like this matchup in week one. Their defence will be good enough to hold the Argos to about 20 points I think. Damon Allen is way over the hill...it's embarrassing that he's still playing. No way he's the starter by the end of the season.

Edmonton -1.5 -110, 2 units
    Esks/Bombers Under 48 -110, 2 units
    I know, I know. Tonnes of changes right? The last time the Esks underwent this many changes the year was 2005. Wait a minute...who won the cup that year?? Garrett/Samuels/LaRose/Goss/Morgan...if that's not the league's best secondary by the end of the year, I'll be shocked. Ricky Ray will always give them a chance to win and the return of Lefsrud should flat out resolve any O-Line issues. But the biggest move for this team was the addition of JC as O-Coordinator. On the Winnipeg side, I actually like them to win the East. So I expect it to be a tough, close game with the Esks winning by a field goal on home turf...err...grass.

Still looking at a few other plays.

I love the lions play, its jumped up to -3.5 at pinny. Im hoping they'll release a ml for it.

to be honest I dont know anything about the eskies offseason so I cant comment there but gl !!

Comment

GL....but opposites on both.....you got a sweet line on BC though...it's 3.5/4 everywhere I see....

:beerbang:

Comment

Hope you don't mind but thought i'd throw my pick in here with ya Ang. Im with you on bc but took a 7 point teaser

BC + 3 x Stamps -3 @ -120 to win 2 units

Lets cash em

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          GL....but opposites on both.....you got a sweet line on BC though...it's 3.5/4 everywhere I see....

:beerbang:
          Took it as soon as it came out.

The Bombers never play well in E-town. Tonight will be no different. :glass:

GL guys!

Comment

Well, I don't know what I was thinking on the under...obviously I missed the boat on that one. I didn't think either defence would be that bad.

But the Esks bet should have won. We had so many opportunities to win that one...our D didn't hold and Fleming couldn't make a kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
              But the Esks bet should have won. We had so many opportunities to win that one...our D didn't hold and Fleming couldn't make a kick.
              You could say that about both teams...lol. The Bombers D didn't hold, and Westwood couldn't make a kick either....Westwood was 1 for 4. Pretty even game, IMO.

Nice job getting that early line on BC though! My books opened at 2/2.5.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                You could say that about both teams...lol. The Bombers D didn't hold, and Westwood couldn't make a kick either....Westwood was 1 for 4. Pretty even game, IMO.

Nice job getting that early line on BC though! My books opened at 2/2.5.
                I know you could say that about both teams, but the Esks werent' the ones who needed a touchdown in the last minute just to tie. They also had the Bombers on 3rd down late in the 4th and in OT. I know I'm biased, but I think we were the better team and should have won.

Yeah, I got the line at Bowmans. I probably would have taken it at -2.5 as well...so I got lucky.

Still debating whether or not to make a play on tonight's game. I like Montreal -3 but seeing you on the other side scares me. Of course, I do know you're a riders fan... ;)

Comment

Yeah...could be riders bias....just mainly a play against Montreal...I think they are a .500 team at best this year....so I like the points.

I think Hamilton +10 is the stronger play however...that's a ton, and the Cats will be a better team this year...a healthy Maas, and the backfield of Lumsden/Holmes could be very good.

Comment

Hamilton +10, 2 units
                    I will say that I don't have 100% confidence in this play, but I'm going to tail JML and hope he has a perfect first week. Will Hamilton be improved? Sure. But I am not convinced. I did not see JM in preseason, but from all reports, he didn't look so hot. Chris Schultz said he had no zip behind the ball when he threw it. And if you know anything about JM, usually he's got a cannon of an arm. So that's worrisome if you're a Cats fan. But I like Lumsden and Calgary has a whole new rebuilt front 7...so the opportunity for some big yards should be there. Calgary had the league's worst secondary last year...so if that continues, maybe JM can work some magic. On the other side of the ball, Henry Burris is under a tonne of pressure. There is a lot of talk about him maybe not even being the starter there in a few weeks if he doesn't get off to a really good start. And if you've watched Burris at all in the playoffs, you know he doesn't handle pressure so well. In any case, JML is right, 10 points is a lot for week 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X