CFL Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL Week 2

Week 2 is upon us and I will provide my opinions here.

Thu 5th - July: Montreal Allyoops at the Winnebagos in Manitoba

The Als are coming off a mediocre home performance in week 1 where the defense allowed only 19 attempts for 85 yds in rushing but; they only put out 20 att's for 83 yds rushing themselves on offence. In the passing department they threw 28 for 39 and racked up 271 yards while defensively they only allowed 16 of 30 for 230 yards.

Is Calvillo past his heydays or is there enough oil in the pan for another successful campaign or are the offensive engines going to seize up and crap out? Anthony Calvillo was sacked seven times and picked off three times for the Alouettes in the loss.

Now that the the CFL's most famous Uncle, Don Matthews has retired, does the new coaching crew have in them what it takes to cruise into the Eastern Conference playoffs?

The Blue Bombadiers went thru a wild contest in Saskatchewan in Week 1 and ended up in a very rare tie after 2 OT's; something that happens very rarely in CFL competition. Offensively they racked 127 yards on 18 rush attempts vs. 166 yds on 20 rush attempts which they gave up on defense. In the passing dept. they went 29 of 44 attempts in amassing :eeek: 416 yds. in pass offence while they allowed 33 of 43 attempts to be completed for a total of 394 pass yards against on defense.

As for a bit of trendy history:

Montreal is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Winnipeg.
    Montreal is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg.
    The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Winnipeg's last 6 games at home.
    Winnipeg is 4-8-1 SU in its last 13 games
    Winnipeg is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
    Winnipeg is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home

Milt the stick Stegall is on a hunt for a record. The line opend at a field goal -3 in favour of WIN and is now -4.5 due to Joe Q Public stuffing their hard earned dineiros on a team who desparately needs to prove themselves IMO.

I will wait until just before game time to make a play, but I see a doggie coming up strong and mean, barking and scratching their way to a SU win OTR.

Currently at a ML $ of +180 and an ATS of +4.5 -110 you have almost 3 units to look forward to after it's all said and done. Stegall will get his record probably, and then the Winnebagos will implode on defense.

Statfox says that MONTREAL is 17-4 UNDER in the first two weeks of the season since 1996.

The total is stuck at 49. If it stays there or moves up I'll be on the Under.

More to come Thursday regarding other M-ups this week.
    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Week 2 ...

Montreal at Winnipeg
    111 Montreal Alouettes (ML) 3.00 (Canbet)
    111 Montreal (ATS) +5.5 2.03 (PIN)
    111 Montreal (ML) 3.50 (PIN)
    111 Montreal Alouettes (ATS) +5.5 1.9091 (Canbet)
    112 MON vs. WIN (GT) Under 49 1.9091 (Canbet)

Comment

Big time opposites on this one, love the Manitobans tonight...BUT...good to see you posting CFL info and plays! :thumbs:

Comment

The public seems to be on the Bombers huge tonight...I know I am.

The Als might not be a bad play...

Comment

Well after seeing the debacle in the 'Peg, and Montreal's complete lack of stamina, ooomph and grind, I must admit that the majority of fine 'cappers here and the majority of the public per say, were very correct as they cashed in their winning tickets on the Blue Bombers late on Thursday evening.

I am a "Dog fan :beerbang: and when I saw the movement from open to game time, I got sucked into the fray of +2.5 points and blindly felt that Winnipeg did not deserve the supposed confidence being demonstrated by the betting people. :bang:

As for last night's 23 point shellacking of the Eskimos by the Lions in the dome of BC Place, when you can't score on offence, you don't deserve to even cover a 2 touchdown 14 point ATS spot in the CFL. Pretty dismal showing by the Edmontonian's offence after last week's '2' OT performance of 39 points. Could not connect to play yesterday's M-up so I will allow myself a "glad I didn't support the dog" result and move onto another game.

Hamiltonian's are hosting the Boatmen from down the highway on Saturday evening. Ticats are a changed team; for the better or not will take some 4 or 5 games to make me think about supporting them with hard earned dollars. There are so many questions about them that I could keep typing here all day. NOT !!!

115 Argos from Toronto: -4.5 1.9091 (ATS)
          and also a ML play to win SU : 1.4760

Comment

Hamiltonian's hosted the Boatmen from down the highway on Saturday evening. Ticats are a not a changed team; they're worse. :bang: Two weeks in a row and 2 blowouts. No offensive TD's in 120 minutes of football. Pretty sad IMO. Last night, Timmy Chang, Jason Maas and Richie Williams all saw action at quarterback for Hamilton. Chang went 8-of-16 through the air for 81 yards with an interception, Maas was 4-of-11 for 40 yards and a pick, while Williams connected on all three of his attempts for 27 yards.

Michael Bishop threw for 247 yards and three touchdowns to lead Toronto to a 30-5 win. Bishop went 17-of-31 passes for the Argos, who bounced back from a season-opening 24-22 home loss to British Columbia. The Argos moved to 14-1-1 against Hamilton in the last 16 regular season games. That includes a current seven-game winning streak, dating back to Labor Day 2005.

Sunday's game is very close to call ATS IMO.
            Side $$$ Play Value is not there so I will pass.
            but ...
            118 Saskatchewan to win SU (ML) 1.98
            and a Total play...
            117 Calgary at Saskatchewan Game OVER 51.5 1.9520

SASKATCHEWAN is 14-2 OVER (+11.8 Units) in home games off a road win since 1996.
            CALGARY is 13-3 OVER (+9.7 Units) in road games when playing against a top-level team (Win Pct. > 75%) since 1996.
            SASKATCHEWAN is 8-1 OVER (+6.9 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.

Comment

Working...
            X