Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Week 3 in the CFL >>>

4-3, -0.5 Units

Starting with Thursday's game as I feel it is the strongest play of the week...

Toronto -3 -105 vs Calgary
    Both teams only have one win over the hapless Tigercats, but in the other losses, Toronto looked good, and almost pulled out the win against the team some believe is the best in the CFL, the Lions. Calgary got spanked by Sask, and looked horrible. Calgary's QB Burris looked awful in pre-season, and it has carried over into the regular season...getting yanked last game in favour of NFL castoff Akili Smith. Calgary's defence also looked vulnerable, injured, and tired. What do the get this week? A 3 day layoff (only in the CFL! lol), between road games in different time zones. Toronto has the weapons on offence to take it to the tired, injured Stampeder defence. Calgary also hasn't won in their last 6 trips to Toronto. Toronto by double digits.

3 units

Don't really like any of the other matchups, although I am looking at BC getting points in Sask. It would be my second play if I choose to. My Riders have had a great start to the year, but have played two of the weaker teams in the CFL so far....and these Lions are the league's elite, and shouldn't really be getting points from anyone. Will probably lay off it...but we'll sure see if the Riders are for real in this one...I hope they are!

Also...the way Montreal has looked, I'm not sure they should be giving 6 to anyone. Hamilton sucks, but so do the Als. If this moves above 7 for the home cats, I might jump on it...

Would also lean to EDM getting points, but I won't be on it...anything could happen in that one.

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 07-11-2007, 09:35 AM.

GL JML.

The Esks have no chance in Winnipeg. I've already jumped on the Bombers -5. I like Montreal simply because Hamilton will probably go another game without a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
      GL JML.

The Esks have no chance in Winnipeg. I've already jumped on the Bombers -5. I like Montreal simply because Hamilton will probably go another game without a TD.
      Every team has a chance. Yeah...Winnipeg should definitely win...but I'm staying away...maybe this is a game Ray goes off? Who knows...they did tie already this year, and you yourself said EDM should have won it...5 seems like alot to me, but I'll lay off

Yeah...Hamilton hasn't scored an offensive TD...pretty brutal...but go look up how many Montreal has scored...lol. Staying away from this one as well...but with 2 ****ty teams playing each other, I would be inclined to take the home team getting a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        Every team has a chance. Yeah...Winnipeg should definitely win...but I'm staying away...maybe this is a game Ray goes off? Who knows...they did tie already this year, and you yourself said EDM should have won it...5 seems like alot to me, but I'll lay off

Yeah...Hamilton hasn't scored an offensive TD...pretty brutal...but go look up how many Montreal has scored...lol. Staying away from this one as well...but with 2 ****ty teams playing each other, I would be inclined to take the home team getting a TD.
        Yeah, they tied. At Commonwealth. Where the Esks are usually pretty tough. Look at how bad Edmonton was on the road last year. Look how bad they played in Winnipeg. Look how bad they played in BC last week.

I don't even see the Esks keeping it close.

Comment

GL with the Bombers...you gotta think they'll cover. :thumbs:

Comment

Good call with the Argos. :beerbang:

Wish I would have went bigger on them!

Comment

Nice hit everyone...not even close. Yeah, I hear ya Ang...it felt like such a strong play, you always want to hit it for more units after the fact! I hit it for 3...my biggest of the year, but I'm still kind of upset because I was thinking about making it a 5 unit play, but didn't! LOL.

Might just stay away from the rest of the week's games, and keep my 3 unit profit his week. The only other one I kinda like is the best team in the CFL, BC getting a whopping 3.5 points. Crazy. The Riders have beat 2 bad teams in Montreal and Calgary (we see how bad Calgary is), and are a little over-valued in this matchup, IMO.

BUT I'm laying off...I got my fellow Rider fans coming over to watch it tonight, and I can't be on the Lions!! lol. I'd recommend BC plus the points, though I hope I'm wrong!

GL with the rest of your plays fellow CFL'ers! :thumbs:

Comment

Well...shoulda played my other leans, as Edmonton and BC not only cover, but win outright. I figured the Riders were overvalued....the Argo and Lion lines this week were the craziest I've seen in a long, long time.

Comment

Working...
                X