CFL Week 5 Pointspread Guesses >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL Week 5 Pointspread Guesses >>>

I like to make a guess at the pointspreads b4 they come out on Tuesdays, as it gives me a starting point in capping the games I think Vegas has gotten wrong...

Montreal @ Toronto -5
    This is assuming the Argos are starting Allen (that's what I'm hearing), that Miles and Bruce will be back (Miles is for sure, Bruce is probable I think), and there are no other major injuries that could screw me like last week. The Als do not seem like the same team at all...and I can't see them coming into rival Toronto and winning this one....but again, this one is an injury watch, and maybe too questionable all around to even wajor on. I'll probably need a over a TD to play MTL, and under a FG to play TOR (and a healthy roster).

Hamilton @ Winnipeg -4
    The Cats looked better against the Lions, but they are still on the road, against a good team, and the books can't give them too much respect until they get a win. The good showing against BC should get this line well under a TD. I'll probably need over a TD to play HAM, and -1 to play WIN.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan -3
    Rematch of last game in Edmonton, where the Riders totally blew the game after going out to a huge first half lead. You have to figure with such a close matchup last week, and this one being the back end of a home-and-home, that just like last week, Vegas will give the road team a FG. I will probably need just under a FG to play SAS, as I think they win this by a TD.

BC @ Calgary -1
    This could be the game of the week, as I have a feeling Vegas will make this game close to a pick'em because of the good Calgary win @ home, and the Lions barely beating a bad ticat team at home! BUT, the Argos offence was depleted, and BC was also having injury problems while facing an improved Ticat team. BC is a far superior team, IMO...and if Buck Pierce or Dickenson are good to go in this one, we could be getting huge value on the Lions. Again it depends on the injury reports, but if I get BC anywhere from a pick'em, to actually getting points with a healthy Pierce or DD...I'm all over them. This totally reminds me of the game in week 3 when the Riders were coming off a big win over Calgary, then played BC at home...and BC actually got points, then came into Regina and won big. I see the same thing here...

We'll see what we get....

:thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM.

I think the Bombers will be a 7 point favourite. Maybe more. Anything under a TD and I'd pound it. If we get Riders -3, I'll be all over that one too.

Comment

TheGreek:

Toronto -3 / 44.5
      Winnipeg -9.5 / 47.5
      Saskatchewan -3.5 / 49.5
      Calgary -2 / 50.5

Comment

TheGreek:

Toronto -3 / 44.5
        Winnipeg -9.5 / 47.5
        Saskatchewan -3.5 / 49.5
        Calgary -2 / 50.5

Thanks Ang....yup, looks like I was way off on Hamilton....thought the books would give the cats more respect with that cover in BC, especially with the Bombers not playing too well themselves.

Pending injuries, it looks like I will be on all 4 games this week...Toronto, Hamilton, Sask & BC...
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X